Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Resource icon

Spaceborne

Would you be able to upload it on a site that... isn't Mediafire?  My computer seems to have problems downloading from there and Filefront.  I know Rapidshare and Megaupload work for me.

Looks good though, I don't wanna miss out on playing it!  :D

Screenshots look nice. Dl'ed because it's uncommon to find RPG Maker games in a space setting, so kudos for that.  However, I am not able to see any text, other than the scrolling "Star Wars" text in the introduction. Btw, proofread that intro and you'll find numerous spelling/grammatical errors ('where' instead of 'were', etc).

regi

Sponsor

@flowerthief: You need to install the font in the folder (Rock.ttf) first. Just move it to "C://Windows//Fonts"

The game looks very professional. The battle system is perfect for your game. The plot is also interesting, and the gameplay fun and exciting. Grammar and spelling are things you should clean up on, though, you have a bunch of mistakes throughout the whole game.

I wonder what place you'd get if you'd finished the project in time for the contest...

Yeah... I knew grammar whould be a weak point on the game... on any game I whould release :P... I guess I`ll need beta players for my next projects just to check the grammar

Your comments are really encouraging Regimos ^^
Doesn't matter the place I still whould be behind "U.S.G." X3

regi

Sponsor

Oh, for some reason it used the default battle system when I was at the part fighting the space pirates. Was that supposed to happen?

Right on!  :thumb: Thanks for putting it up there for me.  I'll get to playing it when I have time off from work.  (I'm a part timer and they have me on every day this week...wtf...hahah)  I'm excited!  ;D

regi

Sponsor

The parasite planet world map is huge... any chance of making it easier to find a docking place? I don't know where to go now, I've been around the northern islands but I just can't seem to land there.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the other island, can't believe I missed it.

By the way, here's a little bug you missed:
http://bb.xieke.com/files/Spaceborne%20bug.png[/img]

If you return to the island with the earth elementals, you appear stuck on the hovercraft and can't move anywhere.

Gah!
Cant belive I missed that   :crazy:

I`m putting a "known bugs" section on the main post so check it out so you dont loose to much game progress

Regi":2buvetnl said:
The parasite planet world map is huge... any chance of making it easier to find a docking place? I don't know where to go now, I've been around the northern islands but I just can't seem to land there.

The idea there was to make the player wander a bit looking for a place to dock... now that I think about it... its not that great of an idea :P... should have made it more easier to find those spots

regi

Sponsor

Well, the world map's good, it's just the random island in the northwest threw me off :\

I'm stuck at another part now, what do I do on the asteroid? There's no path or anything. I've already watched the cutscene in the elf Prince's room.

Ah, I remember seeing screenshots of this a while back. It's a pretty cool concept. c: There are some inconsistencies in graphics, but I assume that they're still WIP. I'm a fan of what you did with Goblin04, hahah.

Regi":3qswmslr said:
I'm stuck at another part now, what do I do on the asteroid? There's no path or anything. I've already watched the cutscene in the elf Prince's room.

I`m guessing... bug number 2!
"South" of the asteroid there are some stairs... there was supose to be a "player touch event" there... but there is an "Action button event" instead... so just press "C" at the top of the stairs
I screwed up :/

...Nice game!

Err... What do you do after Kreig goes to sleep? (after the level where you face two of the big huge guys and a ton of those little guys and the scene with the 'golden masked' guy...?) ~Thanks! Your story line looks similar to Gundam Seed Destiny I noticed. I watched like one or two of the cartoon episodes.

Good Work.

Avadan":3gp2ewaz said:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/Avadan/Rpg/Adg06.png[/img]

This is the coolest screenshot I've ever seen.
Excellent use of the RTP to create a new look.

This looks solid all around, the art, the battle system. I'll be sure to check this out when I'm on my PC.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.