Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Resource icon

Spaceborne

Av ... itulo2.jpg

Previously

War is the only constant in human history, our belic nature is the only trail we will leave on our planet, we have conquered nature by consuming all it resources, we have wiped from existence vast and beautiful cultures.

“Are we alone in the universe?â€

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed! Well thought out story & fleshed out charas. If only I could get to a comp. & See the screenies T.T Looking forward to further dev. of your project Avadan!

I think it's rare to find Tacticle RPG nowadays @_@ I miss those. And this looks like it's gonna be a decent one! Seems like there'll be a lot of decent games because of this contest ^ ^

This is one of few games I´m looking forward to! I find the story very interesting. I like the idea of the human race as the enslavers and conquerors (basically the bad guys), it´s so typically human.

Keep it up!

Diedrupo":1mnue8xp said:
I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Me too! XP

kiearaphoenix":1mnue8xp said:
Well thought out story & fleshed out charas.

Thank you!

hima":1mnue8xp said:
Seems like there'll be a lot of decent games because of this contest ^ ^

Yeah and all of them done in a two month period! XD
It took me like three month to do the "Sleepers" game... and thats like 30 min gameplay!!(I miss working on that project)
...Anywho...
the other proyects look really though to beat (yours been one of my favorites)

Jensen":1mnue8xp said:
I like the idea of the human race as the enslavers and conquerors (basically the bad guys), it´s so typically human.

Glad you liked it

Injury":1mnue8xp said:
I love space based rpgs!

Yeah me too... there arent enough out there!

Injury":1mnue8xp said:
ps-where did you get the tileset?

Sadly I am not giving the tileset creation the time it deserves (cuz of the deathline) so they are just a few edits and fusions from the original RTP, "Knight Blade", kiearaphoenix`s tileset(had to use those, they are just so awsome) and some of Venetias tileset(to bad she stopped working with the rtp, her work also rocked)

I think I like the tactile battle system the most out of what I see in this game. It's a nice change from the common battle systems that are so common around here (not that I have a problem with standard battle systems. It's just nice to see something new)

First I wanted to go with an Action battle system and not use spaceships but mechas instead ... but I whould have gone monkey macking graphics and stuff, so considering the limited time... I chosed not, instead I`m going to put the player commanding a squadron...and eventually a fleet (w00t!).... so I went with a tactical battle system.

Hot damn. I didn't read anything because I'm going to be judging the game and don't want anything spoiled, but I did look at the screenshots and this is looking pretty nice. I'm looking forward to this one, I hope you make it.

Wow, I'm impressed. It looks like you spent a long time on the story/characters. But, since this game takes place in space, I was hoping for more unique races. Elves and Goblins are in pretty much every fantasy RPG, and they don't seem to fit in the sci-fi genre. And the TBS was a good choice ;)

baniff":cj5tsef3 said:
But, since this game takes place in space, I was hoping for more unique races. Elves and Goblins are in pretty much every fantasy RPG, and they don't seem to fit in the sci-fi genre.

Well... the initial idea was to... modify the rtp in a futuristic way, thats why the goblins and the elfs.... and you could interpret the "infected" as the undead, and so on... even the federation space fighter model is called "the Paladin" XD

... but I`m trying to make them all have a new look... like goblin number 4!!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/Av ... /Adg04.png[/img]
...mmmh... probably will do that gatling a bit bigger

douh! forgot to include badmonur`s tileset in the list  XP 

Very very nice looking. The character sprites, the tilesets, it just matching although it lacks shading. Top notch! and keep it up, man.

Impreza":3rjnbd0f said:
...it just matching although it lacks shading...
Yeah... shading has always been a pain to me... but I`ll get in to it if I have some spare time

sandgolem":3rjnbd0f said:
Interesting, I love your take on the RTP. Looks like I've got more competition than I thought. :)
Uuuh competition! Common, just bring it! XD
Nah... seriously just looked at your project and its awsome, seems like its going to be a though competitor.

Yay vacations
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/Av ... /Adg05.png[/img]

Looks really interesting, I like the feel of "traditional fantasy reflected in a sci fi set" that I get from this.

Also graphically it looks awesome, specially the screeny with the couple sitting on the little ship XD

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.