Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Epsilon Alpha

Epsilon-Alpha

Once again...wow!  I thank you soooo much!  Did you get those emails?  I wasn't sure if I had the right address.  Anyway, could you also send the PSD of the file?  I'd like to put the individual character portraits in the first post.

An update: I'm mapping and cutscening away and as of right now...I'm on schedule for early April for the Beta version to be released to my beta testers.  I'm expecting the final version of part 1 to be released in mid April (hopefully sooner)

Kiera: Awesome wallpaper :D The head looks really cool and has a lot of detail :)
Also which font did you use for that Clyde wallpaper?

Ama55: Still working on the other front view sketches :)

Many people may think this game is a KB rip off, I for one thought so a while ago. But it proved to be a very promising game, the story is quite simple yet unique. The graphics are great and so is the whole concept. I love the idea of using side view battlers, people can expect a huge amount of skills coming from mechs.

By the way, Kiera you still rock at drawings. hahaha

wow, I'm disappointed in myself for not having noticed this project earlier O_O

It's very nice, and great spriting Clest! after reading the short discriptions, I really wanted to see more >_> they were simple, but very effective and makes me very interested.

I can't wait to see more on this, and you've got my support for sure XD

Hello all!  Sorry for not getting back sooner, school has been hellish!

@GUNJah: I'll be the first to admit that there are some similarities with KB, especially since the human sprites are edits of KB.  As for storyline, you will see, once again the similarities, but it goes much deeper into politics, character development, and history.  I would actually say that this game is more similar to a Gundam series than KB.  Thanks for your positive critique!

@monkeydlu: Thank you for stopping by and especially for you nice comments and userbar addition.  You're right about the short descriptions, I don't want you to know the characters from a paragraph on a forum, but rather from playing and experiencing them. 

*Update*
As of right now, I regret to inform you all that my April release date is NOT going to happen.  School is crazy right now but summer is just around the bend (2 weeks to be percise).  Look for a release date in a few more weeks.

Don't worry, this project WILL get released.  Not just for the amount of effort I've poured into it, but also the work of others, namely Clest, SakuraPhoenix, Rye, and Kiralim (maybe a few more that I'm forgetting)

I'm actaually quite close, but I want it to be nearly perfect BEFORE sending it to my beta testers, so that they don't have to do too much.  :D

That's what amazes me, you made it as unique as possible. Even though it has some similarities with Gundam and KB. I guess, I'm kinda tired of watching medieval games come and go. Well, good luck!

Thank you both for your nice comments.  I wanted to have some unique things but I also wanted to have some similarities or familiarities, almost so I didn't have to go in great depths describing the settings and scenarios.  The world is Earth, somewhere we are all familiar with and Gundam and KB are games we all know.  I'd rather spend more time on gameplay and storyline than actually describing the world, but that's just me.

Yay a mecha game! That alone makes it interesting compared most of the games here set in a fantasy setting in my opinion. I just hope you have something good to back it up with ;)

This is the sort of game I've been waiting for, honestly; Gundam-esque Mecha games!! I can see the resemblance to Gundam, almost reminds me of 08th. Anyway, once I get my studio set back up, if you need any music let me know.

I sent you a PM Ikariz

I've been absent on this project due to a really busy summer semester, but I just want you all to know my committment to getting this project out.  I've put too much time and effort to not finish it (it's probably 70% done).  But from this point on, I will not give a deadline.  I am a bit of a perfectionist so I want everything to be as perfect as it can be before I release anything.  Thank you all for your patience and for some, your dedication :D

Avgen":3097xyua said:
BUMP! ^^ Sorry...

Fully support :D
lol Thanks!  This project is still being worked on.  I'm going to add a few "finalized" screen shots by thursday.  Also, I've switched to a tactical battle system and it's far more fun to play than the previous side-view.  There aren't very many battles, so it's worth it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.