Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Epsilon Alpha

Epsilon-Alpha

@Ikariz: First off...THANKS! I'm glad to hear the storyline was good because it is only getting better with parts 2 and 3. As for the length, yeah, it's a bit short. This was because keeping it short allows me to not get unmotivated with the project. But, once all 3 parts are released, I'm considering releasing a 1-3 version which will probably push 6-10 hours.

Here's my responses to your comments:
1. Agreed! Yes, Part 1 does lack in leveling up and battles. However, don't fret because I am adding an Arena in part 2 where you can earn money, level up, and get items. Leveling up will be an important factor as there are more battles and more boss battles! Also, levels will not increase HP, SP, but agility, dexterity, and intelligence (and strength a little). This is because I want the character to improve in and out of the mech. Improving HP and SP is something that is done with armor and energy upgrades.

2. Again, AGREED! Part 2 and 3 will correct this. There will be more freedom and hidden weapons. I'm also hoping to improve my menu system to something a bit more simpler.

3. This is an interesting point and as I read your post, I thought of a way to do it. Since battles are all scripted and the ability to make preset positions is done by call scripts, I could always just make conditional branches. I'm going to test this out! Thanks :thumb:

No Problem, I'm a sucker for Mecha Games, that's why I got hooked into Front Mission, and I really got attached emotionally to ridley because I find him to be much like myself. This is just a personal quirk of mine and not part of a review of the game itself or anything and I don't know if this changes in the ending scene after the credits as I skipped it, but I feel that Ridley got Gimped, I mean he's awesome but he rides around in just an Ares. In the beginning, I was half-hoping him to get the Epsilon, but he didn't. I'll be interested to see part 2, especially since it has an arena, I hope you throw in some sort of way to heal out of battle.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.