Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Epsilon Alpha

Epsilon-Alpha

knightblade eh? Is the setting bleak futuristic? I don't know if my tilesets'd mesh w/ Clest beauteous mecha, could they work? Or a merge if you will. Graphically I was offering concept and illustration, but I can do er spritework again. Also, I like your term for MS better cause I always thought of a suit as form fitting like bubblegum crisis. ;)

The inconsistancies arent just between the the tilesets and the character sets... I meant the character sets for the gundams dont match in design.... I would ask clest to make a full set of 5/6 all of one sort, specially seeing as there is now a mecha template open for use.

People dont always demand payment for their work, rather favors returned.

I wont condem the KB sets or tilesets... as long as they run in a theme, ie the mecha looking the same style as the other mecha (art wise), if they dont match the tilesets, thats not so much of a problem.

Story sounds solid, if not a little done... Keep it up :p

The concept has been done several times, however, you presented it very well, what you have is indeed solid, the game has potential.

The graphics do clash a little.
As you said, it will be a story-driven game, which I like very much. I'm not a fan of sci-fi games, though this one seems nice to be played.

Well, I like what you have so far.
Keep it coming.

kiearaphoenix":1d7jr7n4 said:
knightblade eh? Is the setting bleak futuristic? I don't know if my tilesets'd mesh w/ Clest beauteous mecha, could they work? Or a merge if you will. Graphically I was offering concept and illustration, but I can do er spritework again. Also, I like your term for MS better cause I always thought of a suit as form fitting like bubblegum crisis. ;)

I was looking at your stuffy topic at resources and I think your tiles could match, though there is the fact that you use gradients and I don't (used too, but my gradient stuff looked too artificial, specially compared to my simple shading for charsets). But design wise I see no problem, we in fact share many ideas for futuristic tiles (though you has more color variety, I guess I am afraid of using too many colors :P).

I do have kieara's futuristic tileset and am considering using bits and pieces.  I am also merging some RTP tilesets in with the KB ones, and some editing is going to have to be done to try and make them match.  Personally, if the tilesets don't match exactly, I don't mind.  I'm going to try my hardest to make the game as asthetically pleasing as possible, but if I fail a little bit, it happens. 

kiearaphoenix":11bc6gw5 said:
Graphically I was offering concept and illustration, but I can do er spritework again.
Err...um...I'm not sure exactly what you're offering? lol.  Anything you're willing to do is a blessing, because you are a great artist, I'm just not sure exactly what you're saying.  :D

I meant actual artwork, like space scenes, character full length portriats (seems you already have a great faceset artist) menu pics if needed, game over title, etc. I am afraid my mecha drawing skills is borderline non exsistant, but thankfully Clest's skills have contributed some masterful pieces. I just meant I am kinda burned out from pixelart, but if needed I can push myself to take it up again.

I didn't really notice a difference between the sprites, I guess that's a good thing. :)
Oh, and I like the plot, reminds me of Gundam stuff so you know it's good!

Alicix":w9vev1k7 said:
Im still not a fan of the LR-79/N as they dont fit the other four... X_X

Hmm...what exactly do you mean they don't fit the other four?  I understand they look a little different, 4 legs instead of 2.  The shading isn't as crisp either, and that's due to the fact that the actual plates of armor are larger than the others.  Clest did the side view LR-79 as well as the rest.  I guess I'm asking what doesn't fit about it and maybe I can do something to improve it.  Thanks. :D

i think clest will understand more of what im trying to say...

I will talk to Clest and see if there is anything we can do about it.  I do see the difference, I'm just not sure I want to fret over it. 

If you need any help, spriting is my specialty

Thank you for your interest!  I do have a few (very minor) sprite edits I need done.  I will send you a PM to see if you can do anything.  :D

Wow...just wow.  I can't even explain how awesome that is!  You truely captured the emotions of each charater.  Thanks so much Kiearaphoenix!!!

Nice I like it Keep it up!

(Sorry for the bump)
Actually, thank you for the bump ;D

Everyone love mechs action! Yay! Great concept and who's does the spriting?

Good luck with ya. I would like to help you as a mapper but I'm bound to my homework!

Impreza: I am the spriter for the mechs, aside from the four legged one which I just edited. Most of the other sprites are from Knight Blade :)
Kiera: Whoa! neat uniforms, I love em :)

@Ama55
Gomen! It took me a while to get to an internet ready computer, a bit longer than I expected..

Here are a few "eyecandish" treats to make up for it!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/Kiearaphoenix/DesktopClyde.png[/img]
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/Kiearaphoenix/EpislionAlphaGroup2Desk-1.png[/img]

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/Kiearaphoenix/Ama55Clyde.png[/img]

@Clest, thank you! Take a look at the clyde desktopscreen seeing your mechs made me want to have a go...well at least at the head part.^^;

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.