Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Party Changer

GO in the script editor (press F11)

Then create new scripts Above Main and Below Scene_Debug (right click on the list and click insert or something like that) and copy-paste the scripts in there

All scripts must be placed Above Main and Below Scene_Debug and if you're using version 4.0 of the party changer, then they must be placed below the RMXP SDK.

The last part of the 4.1 script ends like this:

#==============================================================================
# ** Game_Map
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# This class handles the map. It includes scrolling and passable determining
# functions. Refer to "$game_map" for the instance of this class.
#==============================================================================

class Game_Map
attr_accessor :party_leaders
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Object Initialization
alias dargor_multiple_parties_setup setup
# * Setup
# map_id : map ID
def setup(

There isn't anything after def setup( and it throws a lot of errors. If I can get this to work, I have a few other people who may want to use this script as well and I'll direct them here. Thanks for your help in advance. =)

@FingerprintDiVA
I'll reupload the script.

@freakishfae
Looks like there's a part of the script missing. As I said, I'll reupload it.

After that, I'll stop supporting this script. I'm not working on XP anymore.

I have this script installed (the most recent version of it), and when ever the game goes back to the title screen (not when the title screen is viewed for the first time) I'm getting this error:

"Script 'CommandsManager' line 111: SystemStackError occurred.

stack level too deep."

why is it giving me this error and how can this be fixed?

Do you have a list somewhere of all the available syntaxes? I'm hoping to use your script in my game, but not from the main menu. So I'm wondering how to do the syntaxes to do the following:

1. Add a person to the available pool of party members
2. Remove a person from the available pool of party members.
3. Disable a person from being added to the active party.
4. Disabling a person from being removed from the active party.
5. How to bring up the party changer itself, I'm probably going to have this be a single NPC in the game who manages the party, so I just need the syntax to bring up the party changer.
6. Could I get more specific info on how to add multiple parties?

also.
ADD-ON: You can call the party scene from the main menu (Requires the Party Arranger and Commands Manager script)
ADD-ON: You can change your members position in the main menu (Requires the Party Arranger and Commands Manager
If I don't want to use these, because I don't, do I still need the Party Arranger/Commands Manager scripts?

I appreciate it, looked through 3.3 script but I can't find the answers I'm looking for, but I'm not really well versed in scripting.

To all of you:
Thanks for the report/comments/suggestions. I'll update the script, make a detailed documentation and answer all your questions this weekend. I don't have the time to do all that right now but everything should be available this weekend.

Take care!
-Dargor

It would be long to explain, so here's the official topic: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1802

And here's the new demo, fully documented: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3b4f ... b9a8902bda
I forgot to add a comment on how to lock actors in the party/reserve. All you need to do is call the following script in a script event command:
Code:
$game_actors[actor_id].locked = true/false
When true, this actor will be locked in the party or the reserve.

And now, I'm moving this to Script Archive. I'm not supporting my XP scripts anymore but you can still ask for support in the Script Support section. viewforum.php?f=155

Take care!
-Dargor

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.