Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Party Changer

Dadevster":rownkeda said:
shadowmimiiru, I think I answered your question in the thread you made in General Support.  :smile:

Yep, it did, and as you asked I added Dargor to my .doc file with the credits to put at the end.

I'm still having some problems though.  For one the game crashes when the party dies with the message:

Script 'Party Changer' line 627: NoMethodError occurred.

Undefined method "members_all_dead?" for #<Game_Party:0x2f7040>

Hi.  I hope this question makes sense...does the party changing system keep track of who the lead actor is?  I know it updates the graphic on the map.

Why I need to know is, that I want to make it so certain events happen if and only if a certain actor is in the lead of the party (so for instance, if I want to open a locked door, I want the thief to be in the lead of the party, not just IN the party.  So, if someone else is in the lead of the party, a message like "Thief may be able to pick the lock", but if thief is leading, the door would open).

Also, is there a way to shuffle through the party order by pressing a button on the keyboard, so for example, pressing A would permute the order of the actors:
1 -> 4
2 -> 1
3 -> 2
4 -> 3

Thanks in advance!

Well, this thread looks dead but I'll try...

Is there a sideview CBS that works with this? It  spaces out all 4 characters across the length of the whole screen...

Um... Excuse me er... Mr. Dargor. I have encountered a problem here. I copied your script but when I play the game, there is no text in the menu. Could you help me with this? Thank you.

Excuse me, I'm newb here.  I'm trying to have a change party selection for my game, but there has been some problems.  I found your script and tried to imput it on my game but there seems to be a problem. 'Party Changer' line 644: Type error occurred, undefined superclass 'Scene_Base'   Please reply as soon as possible (I'm using the trial version)  ^^;

The Scene_Base class is a part of the RMXP SDK, so I guess you are using version 4.0 of the Party Changer without using the RMXP SDK.  Try adding the SDK above the Party Changer script.

(noob question) alright, but where can i find SDK? what is SDK?

EDIT:  wait a sec, i found it now... inputing it in...now it's saying script 'SDK 2.4' line 10035: SyntaxError occurred

EDIT:  ah wait, got it...but now it says theres something wrong with the Party Changer (Main Menu) on line 47: NameError occurred.  undefined method 'set_commands_access' for class 'Scene_Menu'

Yes. Now if you have placed all the scripts in the right order, everything should work fine.
Unless you have another script that interferes with this one.

it's still not working... maybe because i'm using an old file.  i may have to make a new file which would suck since i have almost 4 hours of gameplay on this. T_T;

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.