Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Party Changer

I had a go at the script but it keeps coming up with the error message "Script 'party changer' line 1573: NoMethodError occured. unidentified method 'size' for nil:NilClass

I tried getting rid of the last few scripts I put on before this one but it still comes up with the message

@gurevich41
I can't download the D2 script right now, but your Bars script is really weird. First of all, you haven't posted the full script. Secondly, all the methods in Window_Base doesn't have the "def" prefix to define them.

It's highly possible that one of these scripts is incompatible with the other. Since I don't script with RMXP anymore, all I could propose you is to place your D2 and Bars scripts ABOVE the party changer.

@Happy Apple
Make sure you have all the script from the first post, placed in the right order, as they are in the first post. The Large Party script will probably have to be placed ABOVE the Party Changer.

Zak

Hey, I really like your script - it's almost exactly what I need - but I'm having one problem, which is the same as GreenBanana's first one. I want to keep the Party Changer in Battle off apart from certain battles, ie. important bosses where it's natural that the whole party would come together to fight. So, like GreenBanana, I set $game_temp.party_changer_in_battle to false, but whenever the game is reloaded that's always back to true again.

Well, I tried changing stuff (note that I'm a complete noob when it comes to scripting) around so that $game_temp.party_changer_in_battle being true actually means the party can't be changed, so that way I'd be able to set it to false just before the boss fight, then turn it back to true afterwards. However, in the various ways that I tried to change it around, I got various different messages, such as a line in the SDK where it couldn't find a command for WindowCommand...

Well, I have no idea what that means so I'd really appreciate any help if it's not too big a task. Thanks!

EDIT: I managed to get it done after some tweaking. Sorry for the wasted message :(

The reason why the data aren't saved is because they are in Game_Temp instead of Game_System. I'll upload an updated version as soon as possible.

-Dargor

Zak

Aha, thanks - I'll use that instead of my butchered one.

Oh, and I was wondering - is there any way to make it so that different things happen depending on which party member is the leader? For instance, if the party member with the ID of 3 is the leader, an event can happen, but if not nothing'll happen? If it's not already included in the script, that's okay - I can try to work around it :)

Yeah, sure!
Simply use a conditional branch, go in tab 4 of the branch and select "script". Then, all you need to put in there is something like
Code:
$game_party.actors[0].id == actor_id

Zak

Wow!
That's awesome! Thanks!

I tried the new script and it gave me some errors in the script... I noticed that the bottom of it isn't finished, too. I guess the script didn't copy correctly or something... Just to let you know :)

nvm, same as above, i put SDK 2.4 the commands manager, and the party changer and under it, all those other party add-ons you posted. The error line 1588 appears when I try to start the player, no title screen just the error.

Rhainn

Pardon my ignorance, but I am new to scripting. Does anyone know if this is compatable with GTBS? Other than that, all I've placed in there is GUILLAUME777's Multi-Slot, but I don't think that would cause any issues. I haven't begun figgiting with this script, but I wanted to go ahead and ask due to time restraints. I'll begin applying now.

-EDIT
I did have problems. I get an error in line 116 of the party arranger. I figured it was because the link to it had both the party changer main menu AND the Party Arranger in the same script. Cut that out and I had a problem with line 190-something. 195 I believe.

-EDIT
... I have the same problem as the guy above me now. I downloaded 2.4 and it's spitting 1588 at me.

I have to get off. I'd appreciate some help :D

Rhainn

I don't know how to do that. Please enlighten me?

All I do when I turn the game on is click the icon and it spits out 1588. I'm using SDK, your party changer, GTBS, GUILLAUME777's Multi-Slot in that order I believe. I'll check to see if you have an email to send to, otherwise, I don't know how to send over the forum.

I attempted to add you to my msnmessenger. I'm sure you don't wish to be hassled, so you can delete me when we are done speaking, but I figured I could send you the demo over msn, or you could tell me how to post it.

EDIT: Sent file to Dargor via email. someone please pm me on how to send demos in the future.

Hey I just have a quick question

in my game basically some events vary depending on your lead character.

This script is a lot better than the common event I was using to change the party leader and now I'm able to get large parties. (thanks for the work)

But the only problem is that I need some way to determine the party leader. In my common event I was using variables, but I really don't mind the method - but I need to know my party leader.

If you want I can give you the common event I was using.

EDIT: Sorry, I just read Zak's post. Ugg, I had tried reading the whole post, but 14 is a lot. Eventually I just skipped to the end and missed my question.

Also, I was looking through your script and I noticed that it has a problem with game overs even on your demo.

Deadpaint":47tf7bs9 said:
Damn... Last post was in 2007...
<(00)>                                            
EDIT: Oh NVM

Maybe not, but the last time this forum sent me an e-mail to alert me to new postings in this thread was back in August.  Way to go, forums. 

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.