Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

XAS ABS Help!

UPDATED 29 MARCH:

Hi! I am using RPG Maker XP and The XAS ABS (Action Battle System - Zelda like battle)

35i3hg9.jpg

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19306.0.html

I can shortly tell how this system works BEFORE I REQUEST MY PROBLEM:
-Each weapon is MADE IN WEAPONS AND AS ID IN SCRIPT AND ON THE "TOOL MAP" (Look in the spoiler at the top)
-Each enemy is MADE IN ENEMY (DATABASE) AND AS AN ENEMY ON MAP.

I want to know how to make A BOSS using this script. When you defeat an enemy with the ABS it just dissapear. How shall I do to make a talk-sequence AFTER you have destroyed the enemy (or Boss) ?

(I putted this in SCRIPT FORUMS cause this can or must be fixed by script(s))

Example1: I want a door to open WHEN the boss is defeated.
Example2: I want a Sequence to be played after the boss is defeated but BEFORE it dissapears.
Example3: I want the player to be TRANSFERED somewhere else after the boss is dead.

1.So my question is simple: How do I make something happen AFTER an enemy (or Boss) is killed?
2.How do I make something happen after ALL enemies is defeated (like your objective is to slay ALL enemies to advance) ?

//XAS ABS used by 9robin3

Quite a late response, but to answer your question, you could do something like this. First you create a variable in your events and set it to 0 when you get to the map or area prior to being forced to kill the enemies you want the player to face. Make sure you set it to 0 BEFORE this point.

Now, add a script above Main (should be at the bottom of your script list) and insert the code below. Change the variable ID to the variable you used. My script uses ID0001:
Code:
class Game_Event < Game_Character

alias_method(:sarkilas_enemy_defeat, :enemy_defeat_process)

def enemy_defeat_process(enemy)

$game_variables[1] += 1

sarkilas_enemy_defeat(enemy)

end

end
Now as a final pointer, on the map where you wish for a certain amount of enemies to be defeated (say 5 of them), add an autorun event that requires variable ID0001 to be at 5 or above, and put your defeat handlers in there.

That should do the trick. Pardon my late response, been quite busy lately.

Its okay, I am so glad you're helping me^^
So the "defeat enemy VARIABLES" has to be set before transfering to any map?
And how do you place morethan 1 variable_defeat ID? (In that script)

EDIT: Thank You, work out for me:)

Now I really wonder how you make a new bullet tool? I've tried but I still cant make so it damages me :(

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.