Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

XAS ABS Help!

UPDATED 29 MARCH:

Hi! I am using RPG Maker XP and The XAS ABS (Action Battle System - Zelda like battle)

35i3hg9.jpg

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19306.0.html

I can shortly tell how this system works BEFORE I REQUEST MY PROBLEM:
-Each weapon is MADE IN WEAPONS AND AS ID IN SCRIPT AND ON THE "TOOL MAP" (Look in the spoiler at the top)
-Each enemy is MADE IN ENEMY (DATABASE) AND AS AN ENEMY ON MAP.

I want to know how to make A BOSS using this script. When you defeat an enemy with the ABS it just dissapear. How shall I do to make a talk-sequence AFTER you have destroyed the enemy (or Boss) ?

(I putted this in SCRIPT FORUMS cause this can or must be fixed by script(s))

Example1: I want a door to open WHEN the boss is defeated.
Example2: I want a Sequence to be played after the boss is defeated but BEFORE it dissapears.
Example3: I want the player to be TRANSFERED somewhere else after the boss is dead.

1.So my question is simple: How do I make something happen AFTER an enemy (or Boss) is killed?
2.How do I make something happen after ALL enemies is defeated (like your objective is to slay ALL enemies to advance) ?

//XAS ABS used by 9robin3

I'm pretty sure you would want to look for a hash constant named DEFEAT_SWITCH_IDS. Inside this hash, the key represents the enemy ID (not entirely sure if it corresponds to Troops, though), whilst the value represents the switch ID that will be turned on when the enemy is defeated.

To make this simpler, you could do the following in a new script:
Code:
module XAS_BA_ENEMY  

DEFEAT_SWITCH_IDS[1] = 5

end
This will turn switch 5 ON when enemy 1 is defeated. Change the values into your own. At that rate, you can just create a new page with this new switch as the condition, and have your boss' graphic still visible on that page, and do whatever process you wanted on that page before causing the boss to disappear. Not to mention you could have that page unlock/open that door you were refering to.

If this doesn't work, I'm either familiar with an older version, or you're not using the hero system by moghunter.

Hope I was of any help.

Thank You very much! Ofcourse you helped. I will test this! But I can add as many DEFEAT_SWITCH_IDS as I want right?

because I will have many Bosses or enemies with sequences AFTER defeat.

//Thank You again!

9robin3":1cw4gtfr said:
But I can add as many DEFEAT_SWITCH_IDS as I want right?
Yes, you can. Just make sure they're in separate keys under the same module.

Another way to do it would to define them all within one hash range, such as:
Code:
module XAS_BA_ENEMY

DEFEAT_SWITCH_IDS = {

1 => 5,

2 => 6, # enemy #2 => switch #6

3 => 7

}

end
And so on. Although adding them sequently with the previous code given also works, it causes your project to eventually have a slightly larger data file than necessary if that method is used. Won't have a huge impact, it's just less optimal as far as I would know.

Hope it works out for you,
Sarkilas

Thank You yet again! This is all I need to know! I havent test it but I will very soon^^

EDIT: It's a success! Now I will e able to do the Sci-fi/Horror Game that I have planned to do for SOO LONG!

Can somebody explain to me what this error message means! :

errornil.png

I don't understand! Its only strange. Not even the word "error" is explained in this message. But is is an erro right?

~9robin3

Like I said in your other topic, it's not an error - it's the output from your print command you added. If you write print "Hello World", the window would contain that. Also, the Interpreter (as in the game) keeps running, so it's not an error - it's feedback. Feedback you triggered yourself ;) (obviously, once you're done with checking your variables, you can remove the print values again).

Back to the original topic request: Now I wonder how to make something happen when ALL enemies is defeated. I have a mission mode for my sci-fi game. Mission 3's objective is to destroy all cannons (enemies). How to make something happen after ALL enemies is defeated, just like you control a Switch when a specific enemy (boss) is defeated?

The Player need to slay all enemies in order to advance to the next mission! Help!

This isn't really a script question, but rather something you'd do with events in RMVXP. It's as simple as either turning a switch on for every enemy (obviously, don't do that!) or increase a variable (obviously, do that!). As you can re-use the same variable for every map you have, it won't be any resource-expensive there: Just cross-check for example a number in your map name (somewhat of a sorry solution, however very easy-to-use) with your monsters-on-the-map-killed variable - if greater or equal, trigger your event. Then the only thing left to do is adding a command to your teleport method, for example, that resets the variable on each mapchange (be careful about teleports to the very same map!).
Note that this is if you need it on most maps only - if it's a one-time event, just check the variable of how many enemies are killed with a fixed number.

Special cases would be for example enemy spawning scripts, in which case you'd actually had to include some scripting to get this to work.

BlueScope":vm0pvnp0 said:
This isn't really a script question, but rather something you'd do with events in RMVXP. It's as simple as either turning a switch on for every enemy (obviously, don't do that!) or increase a variable (obviously, do that!). As you can re-use the same variable for every map you have, it won't be any resource-expensive there: Just cross-check for example a number in your map name (somewhat of a sorry solution, however very easy-to-use) with your monsters-on-the-map-killed variable - if greater or equal, trigger your event. Then the only thing left to do is adding a command to your teleport method, for example, that resets the variable on each mapchange (be careful about teleports to the very same map!).
Note that this is if you need it on most maps only - if it's a one-time event, just check the variable of how many enemies are killed with a fixed number.

Special cases would be for example enemy spawning scripts, in which case you'd actually had to include some scripting to get this to work.

Thank You! And also I NEED TO DO THIS BY SCRIPT(S), read the intro. I am going to use 'defeat_variable(s) ID'

// Also I dont really get it,, its not that simple to make something happen after an enemy is defeated :P

I really don't see how you need to use scripts, even after reading through your first post. Just assume you have this:

Event 1 :: Activate on collision, Commands: Battle (Enemies); Win Handler: $game_variables[666] += 1
Event 2 :: Activate on collision, Commands: Battle (Enemies); Win Handler: $game_variables[666] += 1
Event 3 :: Parallel processing, Commands: When ($game_variables[666] >= 2) --> do something

Really basic eventing going on here.

BlueScope":19nym6nx said:
I really don't see how you need to use scripts, even after reading through your first post. Just assume you have this:

Event 1 :: Activate on collision, Commands: Battle (Enemies); Win Handler: $game_variables[666] += 1
Event 2 :: Activate on collision, Commands: Battle (Enemies); Win Handler: $game_variables[666] += 1
Event 3 :: Parallel processing, Commands: When ($game_variables[666] >= 2) --> do something

Really basic eventing going on here.

Ok, where shall I place $game_variables[666] += 1 ?
Because the D auto-switch page is the SENSOR page, I am using XAS ABS (ah you know)

Is it in a script IN THE EVENT or is it in THE BIG XASS SCRIPT(S)?

//Sorry for me being dumb O_o

I do not think I explained clearly enough what I didnt get: Where shall the enemy event check for the variable(s) and increase it until something happens? Because there is olnly SENSOR pages avaliable for an XAS_BA enemy! I could make a defeat_switch_ID and make a new page where the variables are INCREASING, right?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.