Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Upload & Download Files with Rgss

djrada

the ftp server is easily accessed by browser. I have no problems with my ftp server, it happens only when i´m trying by the rpg maker script =\

djrada

I got freeze in this line:

if FGF.call(@fb,c,"#{int}/#{c}",0,32,2,0)==0

it´s some Win32API?
any1 know what can I do?
I´m getting hopeless =\
thanks

djrada

like this:

Net::FTP.download('/episodio1/ep1-formulario.doc')

and i tryed put the file "ep-1formulario.doc" in the root like:

Net::FTP.download('/ep1-formulario.doc')

but i have no results.

Hey, can't you read the doc ?

Net::Ftp.download("dir_on_ftp/file.zip","./Graphics")
You have to specify the distant path (on the ftp) and the local path, the target on your project.
E.g. the file "file.zip" which is located on the remote directory "dir_on_ftp" will be downloaded to the "Graphics" directory on your project.

regards anyway,

berka

djrada

Yeah, i can read the doc.

but I don´t need to specify the local path... i´ll be dowloaded into the game root directory, isn´t?

i had already tryed it.

another tip?

But thanks anyway.

djrada

i got it...

your code works only in the 21 port... If you set another port to listen FTP it isn´t work.

=D

ty for all help berka

Yes, cause the conventional default port for ftp servers is 21.
But if you have got a private server you can change this number and open another port.
Happy you can run the script !

regards,

Berka

urbios

Please berka can put the demo with rpg maker xp with an example not understand your example of the vx xp in the work I do to download and upload files i am creating an online game with rpg maker xp i I would like to use this script * for autopach to serve to start the game is very important to me please upload a demo with an example of this script * with rpg maker xp the link is down I hope your answer thanks :sad:

A demo isn't going to help much; it's all one line commands really which if you know RGSS are simple to implement, but if you don't, are going to take a lot more to understand. You just literally call:

receive : Net::FTP.download("file_on_ftp","./Graphics")

Wherever you need it. I've had no problem doing this and was using it to make an auto-updater but unfortunately I never finished it and haven't touched it in some time; it was not much more than just calling that line though.

Is there anything specifically you don't understand / need help with?

I don't think there is anything in the script that shouldn't be cross compatible, other than the example scene. As the scene is just an example though, you can easily implement it in any of the makers, just making the scenes however you would normally, and adding in the lines from this script for uploading/downloading files. I know you posted that a couple of months ago, but if you have any trouble doing it let me know. It should be fine though, pretty sure.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.