Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Upload & Download Files with Rgss

#-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-#
ftp="192.168.2.103" #
port=21 #
identifiant="" #
motdepasse="" #
I'm not sure what my ID/ user name is, as the software only supports anonymous connections.
Now the scene closes, and shows no error message, but it doesn't download the file.
I'll try again with some other FTP server software..

Near":3m99np0d said:
Can you download directly into Game.rgssad or Game.rgss2a?
You could, if you fixed the save_data method.

Are you all aware that using FTP is a huge security risk? With the decryption-programs these days one could easily obtain the username and password for that FTP connection. Make sure that combination only gives access to non-vital files!

I warned that in the script.
For more protection, I've reinitialized the ids immediately after using. BUT it's not enough ! Be careful !

berka

@me: How do I fix the save_data function?

@silver: What webhost do you use? You should look for an ftp tutorial on your host's site.

I only work with HTTP downloading. I don't need to upload files with rgss, just download them.

I've checked again: everything works for me.

So:
The first time you use the script, the firewall raises a security message. Select: Autorize.
example:

the ids:
Code:

ftp="ftp.server.com"                     #

port=21                                      #  Modify !

identifiant="berka"                        #

motdepasse="1234"                      #

the ftp dl call:
Code:
Net::FTP.download('/sitemap.xml')
the file sitemap.xml, wich is located on your ftp's root will be dloaded into the root of your project, by default.

berka

Hi, I get an error when I copy and paste everything to my own game:
hope.png

There isn't a progressbar, but it downloads all the files.
What can I do to make it right again.
(I'm Dutch, so don't mention my bad english :tongue: )

Rickiiy":2dchuii5 said:
Hi, I get an error when I copy and paste everything to my own game:
hope.png

There isn't a progressbar, but it downloads all the files.
What can I do to make it right again.
(I'm Dutch, so don't mention my bad english :tongue: )

that's because Berka uses the japanese version of rmxp and the following code is not supported in the english version:
Code:
    self.contents.font.name=$fontface

self.contents.font.size=$fontsize

Kurikinton":2dchuii5 said:
I have the same error too and i cant start
the Demo-Game...

In the .ini file, change the library to RGSS103J.dll that should start the demo using the japanese rgss provided with the demo.

DraycosGoldaryn":2fi1jb1t said:
In the .ini file, change the library to RGSS103J.dll that should start the demo using the japanese rgss provided with the demo.
Do I have to copy the RGSS103J.dll to my game too? And also change the Game.ini file?
By the way; it works ;D

djrada

hey, I've done the download in ftp =D... but i cant do the upload =\ and its not FTP´s server fault =\...

the upload creates the file in ftp server but named "D" and with 0 kb =\... someone know what is going on? check plz =\

ty =D

This is a great script. But it doesn't work for me. When I talk to the guy on the right in the XP version to try downloading, the game just freezes. No error message, it just stops.

djrada

yeah, it freezes here too. I´am using filezilla server as a ftp server and the log ii this:

150 Opening data channel for file transfer
425 cannot open data conection

check plz?

ty

djrada

Log from filezilla:

150 Opening data channel for file transfer
425 cannot open data conection

i tried router ports and firewall.

@djrada: What you got there looks like wrong user data, not a fault of this script here... honestly speaking (and not for berka, who's willingly given a lot of off-topic support in this thread already), I say people who can't get a ftp upload/download running don't need a ftp upload/download script... and if you do, be smart enough to look it up in a Filezilla reference, or - which has also been previously mentioned - contact your web host, who should be able to tell you the cause of any error you get. Aside from that, any serious web host offers an online guide for that kind of stuff, or at least a FAQ of some sort. Just keep a look out for it, might be just your hostname or password being incorrect.

@Rickiiy: You could just as well fix the two lines Draycos posted... no need for any DLL or INI editing, copying or even awareness.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.