Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Search for Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

I think being able to guess the ending from the letters was intentional, though it's also easy to assume that the ghost from the 'sacrifice of six' room was the 'sister' ghost as well. Especially since the letter said that the sister's ghost was dangerous and Meggie didn't exactly do anything save moving things around and killing rats.

That said, what was so dangerous about Meggie, (assuming that the letter referred to her and not to the ghost that attacked her)?

Unfortunately, that was another thing that played out in my head but not in the game. If I had flashbacks, it would make sense. Again, this was a side project and I only spent a few days on it. If I decide to go back to it or create a sequel, a lot of these questions will be answered. But right now, that's a big if.

*UPDATE*
I've fixed the ladder bug and have removed the difficult version. The updated version is unencrypted so enjoy!

There's a lot of potential left in just this part of the game I'd say. So in my opinion, instead of a sequel, it might be better to expand this current one, if you decide to do something with it. :)

The idea I have in mind centers around two orphans, a brother and a sister, who stumble upon a deserted house where, you guessed it, Meggie and Thomas are residing. Thomas would actually cross over early on in the game so the plotline would revolve around Meggie trying to get her hands on the young, orphan boy so she would have someone to play with. This is just an idea I've been toying with and am not turning into any type of game at this point. But I will say this, I already have the perfect ending in mind.

Once again, Alexia, your work amazes me. It's nice to see a good RMXP game that doesn't require that you chop some evil baddie's head off (not saying that I don't like that, I do. Just not all the time).
The puzzle with the six wooden... type people was interesting, the thing I didn't get was why the doll poped out and tried to kill you for doing so. I think the emotion behind the story really came out at the end, when you come face-to-face with your double. The question I have about that is that does her whole adventure (the time you control her) take place over the course of 12 years, or has she re-lived the same course of events (looking for Thomas) over and over for 12 years? The ending, you re-apearing at the beginning of the game was geinus. It makes you think "Whew.... it was just a bad dream...... *door slams* *Gasp*! Or was it...?O_o"
The music was captivating, and really set the mood for the whole game. You've inspired me (and probably a handful of others) to make a game (maybe even mystery/horror) that one would not expect from a program called RPG Maker XP.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I wanted to say something else, but I forgot.

When the merchant dispeared it reminded me of Laura Bow: The Colonel's Bequest. The all around game reminded me of it (not saying that's a bad thing.) with how (in Laura Bow) you'd find a body, panic, tell someone, then return to see that the body has fanished, not to be found untill you were invesigating the basement later in the game. If you haven't played this, you should try to. It's a really good mystery game.

Sadly, the ghost doll doesn't really further the story in any way. Think of her as a type of miniboss who is trying to make your task that much more difficult. In regards to your question, Meggie has been reliving the same course of events over the span of twelve years.

You know for an RMXP game that was quite scary, it was really the music that did it. Great job I hope you make a sequel:thumb:

SPN

The atmosphere was amazing, and really set that creepy, dark, "ohmygodsomethingisabouttojumpoutofthewallandeatme" kind of mood.

Haven't played it all the way through yet, but many elements of this project remind me of the Saw series, where you're thrown into an unknown area not knowing anything that's going on, trying to find a way out.

Do you have it where you can play this game without having RMXP on your comp??(Note again...Still dont have my other comp up yet)

Thank you Loofah, Koriz and SPN for the kind comments. And sorry, Cheese, this game is and will remain rtp dependent. I don't feel inclined to make it otherwise.

rexkim

I just finished playing this and wow. It's really really awesome =D

It's amazing how quickly the doll in that room drains your hp though. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.