Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Scripts HELP! How to activate!?

When I paste a script into the editor... how do I make it work? (read the instructions.. not helping.) Just in general, no script specifically, is there anything you have to do to activate it?

lol first I would like to say I didn't know there was a tutorial sub forum.......... That was my bad........

@Mikee
Lol in this case RGSS2 uses some cool definitions that RGSS didn't have. In RGSS we had Main (Which was the Main function, so basically what it did when it starts.) and terminate (What it did when we closed it.). In RGSS2 start is basically the function that DOSE when the script starts. You will also see a post start and a pre terminate. Post start happens right after it starts and pre terminate basically is were you close all your windows before the it terminates and has a graphic chagnes.

As for super all your doing is making Start a super class. This doesn't do much of interest in this case. But in widows you use super to declare the widows size. like this... super(x, y, height, width)

So that's all super is doing. =P

So to answer your question if you couldn't follow that... In the definition were defining what Start dose and Super is just part of the definition. Were not defining what super dose.

After sephrothspawn showed me there was a tutorial forum I moved the tutorials here and will continue to update them.

I'll still supply help here in this topic though. =D

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/http://dev.r ... 21#p586321

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.