Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RESULTS: Build & Win Construct 2 Contest *******************

HBG-C2-Contest-Banner-WINNERS.png

RandomTrophy.png
RandomTrophy.png

THE CONTEST IS FINALLY AT AN END.
The judges have painstakingly mulled over all the entries, and, after much deliberation and thought, have compiled all of their scores, and all entries have been placed.
There was a tie for 3rd place, and it was so close, that the numbers of votes were counted, along with their Community scores (again, assigned only in case of ties).
In the end, we have all agreed that we feel the top 3 who placed deserve their titles.
We are only saddened by the fact that we can only make 12 of you winners. If we had the cash, we'd be awarding all of you.

In any case, without further delay ...

Behold, the winners of the CONSTRUCT 2 BUILD & WIN CONTEST!:

TROPHY-Big-01st.png

TROPHY-Big-02nd.png
TROPHY-Big-03rd.png

TROPHY-Big-04th.png
TROPHY-Big-09th.png

TROPHY-Big-05th.png
TROPHY-Big-10th.png

TROPHY-Big-06th.png
TROPHY-Big-11th.png

TROPHY-Big-07th.png
TROPHY-Big-12th.png

TROPHY-Big-08th.png
TROPHY-spacer.png

RandomTrophy.png
RandomTrophy.png

HBG-C2-Contest-THANKS.png

In case you cannot see the images or PDF above, the placements are as follows:

> WINNERS:
1st Place: Drunken Wizard by Onzephyr
2nd Place: Music Fighter by ValkyrieGames
3rd Place: Project:GRID by Jason & Tuna
4th Place: Dungeon.Sec by Wink
5th Place: SkyGear-01 Destroyer by Gillenew
6th Place: Power Shift by BlueScope
7th Place: GREEN 2: RED by Glitchfinder & Theory
8th Place: Pindroid by Crayflail
9th Place: Dead Space: T.D. by Farsmile90
10th Place: [C2]Parking by Handi
11th Place: Nibble by Ugotsta
12th Place: Boing by Wishy

> RUNNER UPS:
13th Place: High Speed Zero by Joannesalfa
14th Place: M'Gen by 01lifeleft
15th Place: Star Conquest by Afgho
16th Place: Dr. Shivo's A.M.R. by Nemo
17th Place: Hungry Lizard by Gamecherry
18th Place: Invaders Must Die by JohnnySix
19th Place: Kaiser Zeppelin by Vrety
20th Place: Wizard Blast by Dooley
21st Place: Tilt-A-Whirl by Bob Thulfram
22nd Place: NINJA by Eventing_Guy
23rd Place: Brick Break by Nikou
24th Place: Newton's Cannon by Arikrak
25th Place: PhyShooter by Juantar

All prize winners were PM'd to discuss their preferences towards their prize winnings.

TrophyHuge.jpg
TrophyHuge.jpg

LASTLY, LET'S GIVE SOME SPECIAL THANKS TO:

The BUILD & WIN Contest JUDGES:
• Venetia
• Sophist
• Brewmeister
• Pipesnogger
• Juan J. Sánchez
• Foreverwhere
• LiquidMetal91

The DONORS who donated $20 or more during FUNDRAISING for the contest:
• Eventing_Guy
• Glitchfinder
• Mega Flare
• Pokemaniac
• Rosareven
• Tuna
• Walton Simons
• Venetia

The SCIRRA Developers, who built Construct 2:
• Tom Gullen
• Ashley Gullen

And, of course:
• Everyone who entered the contest, regardless of standings
• All of the HBGames members who supported the entries and kept the entrants motivated
• The Scirra.com Forum members, who joined in, and helped spread the word about the contest
You! :O!

wishy

wooot, I made it =-)

My first contest I win :)

Congratulations to everyone !!!

Big thanks to HBGames for making this happen aswell :)

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Wow... Farther down that list then I would have liked... not that I was keeping the prized anyway (Unless it was money)

I never Win Contest so No surprise...

Congrates Everyone... Back to G.A. for me.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Aww I wanted to be 1st! :cry:

But seriously, well done everyone! It was actually really fun to compete in this, and some of the games really do deserve to be on that list :thumb:

I'm sorry, joannesalfa -- I really loved High Speed Zero. You did really good work on it!
Maybe one of the winners will want to donate their copy to you?

I hope no one is too down about how they placed ... We tried to judge as fairly as humanly possible. You all did so well; thank you all for participating!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Congregations everyone! Wow, this is incredible news :D I never won anything in my life before this :) i already have a standard license, and I would like to give this one to someone that didn't win anything if that is ok?
Im at the bar selebrating right no but I want to give this away farely so wait till I sober up! ;)

Congratulations everyone \o/

I can see this contest being really difficult to judge. All entries have a certain unique charm that makes each one special. I can imagine some of you judges have a bit of heartbreak at the ones that didn't make it into the list.

Congr everyone ^^, great contest ! and wow, i win it :) :box: :box: ,maybe i'll keep the license, and open another small contest for all my friend who like construct :))

I found the scores interesting... and definitely not like I would've expected them. That goes for both the outcome as for individual scores for individual games. Personally, my calculated score was 19, so I was pretty close... however, in my estimation, that only got me somewhere between place 10 and 14 ^^ So, I'm a lot higher than I thought I'd be, but I'm glad I am for sure :biggrin:
I'm glad I managed to avoid the dreaded 13th place, but I'm a little downed that it's taken by my personal favorite for this contest... anyone announce to donate their license yet to runner-ups?

Overall, there's a lot of games that I think deserve to be where they are (and very few that I think don't)... I can cheer with the winner here, though, as that game surely had to have a high-up spot. I'm glad to see the Music Fighter, Dungeon.Sec and Green 2: Red in there as well... but of course, congrats to all winners! :)

BlueScope":1lacoh6m said:
Personally, my calculated score was 19, so I was pretty close... however, in my estimation, that only got me somewhere between place 10 and 14 ^^ So, I'm a lot higher than I thought I'd be, but I'm glad I am for sure :biggrin:
You may have already seen this, but remember, you can view all the specific scores and their breakdowns in this PDF. Most of the people who placed were ridiculously close in scores.

Yeah, I already overanalyzed it with Raven backing me... there were a few very questionable decisions in there that even were shared between judges... (overall, that is, not for my game... but with very little impact also for my game). I really apprechiate the in-depth listing, btw... very insightful.

Jason

Awesome Bro

How could 3 people NOT give me and Tuna a 4 for Marketing?! I mean, there's even a 2 in there! Judge number 9, whoever you are, I don't like you anymore! :mad: *pouts*

Jason

Awesome Bro

Oh don't worry, if I meet this person I'll umm... I'll do something... something SO bad, that they'll... well I don't know, cry or feel bad or something? Maybe if I show them a picture of drowning puppies... or of I ACTUALLY drown puppies... hmm, I'm gonna' have to ponder this idea. :thumb:

But thanks lol, and yeah congratulations to everyone! :toot: :cheers:

Venetia":2s37eoku said:
I'm sorry, joannesalfa -- I really loved High Speed Zero. You did really good work on it!
Maybe one of the winners will want to donate their copy to you?

I hope no one is too down about how they placed ... We tried to judge as fairly as humanly possible. You all did so well; thank you all for participating!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

No problem, i appreciate your post and it was fun for participating the contest.

When i saw a thread about who wants to be jugde, then i knew some judges have friends may support for their friends and add low score to each other who is not known. That's fine, but quite unreasonable for being a judge to public. Every other contest holders will choose the judges who made their popular games and let ask them if they want to be judge.

It seems like i have should to have done extra features like additional maps, nitro, more cars, etc. maybe i get extra scores, but it was late due to deadline since i started in march 25th heh.

I didn't know there some participants already have licenses, if they donate a copy to me, i should to give my .capx and make custom car, map and character for anyone who donated me.

Congrats all winners!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.