Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pale

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/Scriptkitty/Pale/Info.jpg[/IMG]

Kayou and Sion met on an average day, in an average little village. Through a random act of kindness, they struck up a friendship, and found themselves speaking freely as though they'd been friends forever, even if they were barely more than strangers. Sion gave Kayou a necklace, a simple one of a red pinion feather hanging from a string; He told her that it would bring her good luck...

He tells her if anything bad should ever happen to her, the feather will keep her safe.

That night, Sion was abducted from Kayou and Hild's home, and the siblings left for dead. When she recovered, Kayou sought out Sion, wanting to try to free the boy who's presence she could still feel, drifting further and further away. However, Kayou soon found that Sion was not the only one being hunted.

Characters

Kayou
An extremely frail girl. She was born with a heart condition that deteriorates day by day, and she clings to life only by the good graces of medicine and the care of those around her. But while her heart may be weak, it holds a strength and dedication deep down.

Sion
A young man who wandered into Kayou and Hild's village, seemingly aimlessly. A handsome young man with deep eyes like flowing magma, and a single red feather on a necklace. For some reason, this young man finds himself being hunted.

Hild
Kayou's elder brother, who has raised her since their father died. He is protective and dedicated, but often tries to hide it behild a cold exterior. He is a self-proclaimed apathetic asshole.

Features

Deterioration
Kayou's condition slowly deteriorates as time passes, and her pool of health grows smaller and smaller. It is like a poison that can never be removed, and always eats away at her MaxHP. It can be treated with medicine and herbs, but must always be closely monitored. Script by SephirothSpawn.

Screenshots
(UPDATED AUGUST 27th)

Extras

"Pale" Lyrics
by Within Temptation

The world seems not the same
Though I know nothing has changed
It's all my state of mind
I can't leave it all behind
I have to stand up to be stronger

I have to try
To break free
From the thoughts in my mind
Use the time that I have
I can say goodbye
Have to make it right
Have to fight
'Cause I know in the end it's worthwhile
That the pain that I feel slowly fades away
It will be all right

I know
I should realize
Time is precious
It is worthwhile
Despite how I feel inside
Have to trust it'll be alright
Have to stand up to be stronger

I have to try
To break free
Use the time that I have
I can say goodbye
Have to make it right
Have to fight
It will be all right

Oh, this night is too long
Have no strength to go on
No more pain I'm floating away

Through the mist I see the face
Of an angel, calls my name
I remember you're the reason I have to stay

I have to try
To break free
Use the time that I have
I can say goodbye
Have to make it right
Have to fight
It will be all right

Want To Help?

At the moment, there are no staff positions available; only stand-alone requests to be filled and openings for materials. If you'd like to help, please check out these topics!
Charset Poses for Pale
Ammo System for Pale

I like the Deterioration system, it should prove to be very interesting when you release a demo...
Good luck with this, hopefully we'll all get a taste of it soon.

Rye

She didn't give up on AS, jeez. Anyway, I love the concept of the deterioration system. ^_^ I look forward to playing this!

The meaning of life is to have sex, reproduce, and die. =P

Another good idea. Your work always seems to strike my interest in the strangest ways. Reading about the characters, I want Kayo to die so badly then I can laugh at her like "Ha ha! You died dumbass. You knew that would happen!!" (see strange ways). I want to see this just to see if she dies. XD

Really though I love the concept. Keep it up. Good to to heard from you again (I guess Nin10 bothered you enough eh?)

Oh this sounds like it's going to be a very touching awsome game. Are you going heavy on characterization? I like the Deteriation system you've got cooked up. Sounds very realistic and a nice spin on things since RPG hero's tend to be very fit and strong as opposed to your character here. I'm really looking forward to this now. :D

Alexx

After watching Akasha Seal I don't doubt for a second that this will be a great game. Looking forward to it.

jstreet - Wow. You're just the kind of heartless and cruel bastard I didn't imagine would be playing this game. :D Well, here's hoping that the game can change your opinion of Kayo. ...and make you cry if she dies.:P

TREG - I'm planning to go with the default system. In my mind, Pale is not an overly complicated game... I don't like the idea of throwing in systems just for the sake of throwing them in, and I don't believe it needs more than a default battle system to accomplish its task. I'd rather put the focus into more unique menus, and skills.

Raven The Dark Angel - You bet it is. The characters are the most important part. I actuallly find myself having difficulty writing a summary of the game to present to the community without including spoilers, because so much more of the focus is on characters' reactions to events, than to the events themselves. Kayo is a character very close to my heart... In fact, all three are. The three are all based off of characters my friends and I play in a text based RPG... Kayo (Kayou), Hild (Hikohide), and Sion (Johnny Chang) are three of my favorite characters, though only Kayou is 100% my creation. Here's hoping I can do Hiko and Johnny justice in this game.:D

ArtBane - From the moment I heard the song, I knew it fit Kayo so perfectly, long before 'Pale' was ever a concept.

Well, in lieu of a good night's sleep, I got a not-quite-two-hour nap, so I'm ready to do some more insomnia-fueled work! Hoping to have more screens to show of Pale later today.

Very nice visuals, especially the altar. Although I suppose that is to be expected. I'll be looking forward to more screenshots.

I agree that "Pale" the song is incredibly powerful. I suppose there's something universally appealing about it, because it makes me think of a character I made for a game years ago. Anyway, good luck with this.

Nin

jstreet said:
Good to to heard from you again (I guess Nin10 bothered you enough eh?)

I PM'ed her once linking her to hydrolic's duplicate of her project topic thinking things could be cleared up. :P

ScriptKitty said:
jstreet - Wow. You're just the kind of heartless and cruel bastard I didn't imagine would be playing this game. :D Well, here's hoping that the game can change your opinion of Kayo. ...and make you cry if she dies.:P

I love you if you make killing her optional :D

@Nin10
:P

Aran

Script Kitty's back woo-hoo!!!!!!!!! And to hear AS is still alive and kickin only makes me feel even warmer inside. But this sounds like its gonna be another heart-touching epic.

And that altar looks beautiful!!

Plus, where's the sexy avatar u used to have?

Hey, i think you better change it back to Kayou, like I said, more unique and excotic ^^ :P:P
Anyway, I think your mapping seems to have gone somewhere while you're away, I mean, it's still good, but on the house the right bottom corner in need of objects, it's too empty now...

Also, whatever battle system do you use, make sure it fits the game theme (life and death), especially on the interactiveness...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.