Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pale

Hey Kitty!
Havn't seen you in a while.
This project looks really interesting, I especially like the deterioration system, It'll add an interesting twist in gameplay. and nice screenshots two, I really loved Akasha Seal and this looks like it will be alot better, if that's even possible. If you need a Musician, just PM Me,, I'd love to work on this with you.

I used Photoshop to make it, add and low opacity. ^^ And the brick road is in the tileset addons.

Serenade, I haven't used RMXP in several months. It's taking me some time to get used to mapping again.

First step, don't use lense flare. I actually painted the blurry lines and colored them in yellow and white. Create a new layer, then delete the Background layer. That'll give you a transparent backdrop (appears as a checkerbox backdrop).

As someone who has a wasting disease IN LIFE, I can't see why anyone would want to simulate that in playing a game. Nonetheless, deterioration is an interesting concept.

The intent of the game is to raise questions about the way people live their lives, and if it is right to waste a life, even a short one. I hope that the concept behind the RPG does not offend anyone, as life-threatening diseases are extremely sensitive subjects, and even moreso to those who suffer from them, and the family members around them.

Why choose to simulate it when I could simply use it for a plot element? Well, I don't want it to just be a plot element. An ailment like this isn't just something somebody happens to have that bothers them, like acne. It's something that becomes a part of their life, and is a part that they're constantly struggling with. I don't think just "low vitality" is a good enough sign of Kayou's ailment... I want the player to have to keep on top of her health the same way the character has to, and at times, struggle like she has to.

Just saying "she's sick" seems like a pretty cheap way to handle it.

Omg. I love you. I just found out that by clicking and then shift clicking somewhere else you draw a straight line. I knew shift could be used for drawing straight horizontal/vertical lines, but never knew it was that good!

Heh, I learn something new everyday. 0_o

Mac

Everything you do is always very well detailed..i love the story...and the characters.

And i also very much like your title...i admire professional title work :)

Sheesh...and yet another awesome concept which will more than likely lend itself to an awesome game.

I -love- the deteroation system you're going to impliment. But I have to wonder...how quickly will it deterioate? Will it be something like she loses health over time, or she loses her maximum health over time? Like instead of going...

1000/1000
900/100
800/100
etc...

will it go
1000/1000
900/900
800/800

in which case the medicines and herbs will stop or slow that progression? Either way...awesome story concept too. It's got me curious

Scriptkitty, Let me tell you, I adore your games and movies, I cannot wait for this, the idea of a dying character is SOO COOOL, and it can become a very moving , heart touching game.
good luck with it, and, well from what i;ve seen before, you don't need mhy luck, its bound to be good.

Sketch, her Maximum HP lowers with time. So, let's say her max hp is 150. Ten minutes later, no matter how much you heal her, it'll never go above 148hp. Nothing can slow or stop it; medicine only raises her MaxHP again to recover what was lost. So if she got medicine that raised her MaxHP by 5, then using it would raise her HP from 148/148 to 153/148. But every five minutes it will fall by another point.

Two new screenies have been added! Also, if you saw them earlier today (before this post), check them again, they've been significantly updated. Enjoy!

Those new screenshots look fantastic SK. I think I might've already said this, but I also love the concept of the dropping HP of the main character. It sounds like it'll make gameplay quite exciting.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.