Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pale

LegACy said:
Hey, i think you better change it back to Kayou, like I said, more unique and excotic ^^ :P:P
Anyway, I think your mapping seems to have gone somewhere while you're away, I mean, it's still good, but on the house the right bottom corner in need of objects, it's too empty now...

Also, whatever battle system do you use, make sure it fits the game theme (life and death), especially on the interactiveness...

Yeah, I'm gonna spend a while looking at old projects and trying to get back into the flow of things.:D

I really like the look of this project. The whole idea of a frail main character fighting the odds and sickness is really unique, and poignant.

I think we can all think of times in our lives when sickness has struck into either our own lives, or the lives of the ones we love.

This has some great potential. I'll be watching for sure.

And I hope you didn't make the heroine cured of her sickness in the end, that would defintely ruin the whole game!!
BTW, glad your avvie's back, you're not you without it! (what am I saying...)

So I'm just not ScriptKitty without my BDSM avatar, huh? ...odd.

I cannot say yey or nay on what will come of Kayou's illness. Life, death, sickness, cured... Right now, only two people know; myself and a buddy I've been bouncing ideas off of. But let me assure you, I thought it through... And no matter what comes of Kayou's illness, I plan to handle it in a tasteful fashion. If she dies, I don't want it to be the "well we saw that coming for forever, so emo" end. If she is cured, I don't want it to seem like a tacked-on happy ending fit for an after-school special. If she survives with her illness, I don't want it to seem dull as though the events of the game had no effect on her at all. I've considered a multi-ending game, but I'm not comfortable with it... I knew the way it would end, even before I wrote the first line. It feels as though that's the way it's meant to be and any other ending would just be to please everyone else's ideas of the way things should be, rather than doing the story itself justice.

In any case, I'll be seeking out spriters shortly to help me with graphics for Kayou, Sion, and Hild, and at the moment I'm constructing the town Kayou and Hild live in.

...hm, wonder if my avatar needs a whip.

Meow, bitches.

jstreet said:
The meaning of life is to have sex, reproduce, and die. =P

Incorrect, Jstreet. It is actually 42.

Anyways, This is looking awesome and very original, the deteriation script is top-knotch... and I dont have anything more to say apart from:

Jesus-titty-fucking-christ!

Its good to see you back again
as for the project
story line is a big hook on many people, nice to see originality ^^ hope that this all goes well for you

Hmm ya know what? Have you read the manga Chrno Crusade? I think this would do this project some good inspiration because the themes are sorta the same (the manga not the anime. Anime is compleatly differnt). It's about a girl who has little time on her hands because of a "sickness" but she still lives life to the fullest. Each and every second counts until the very end. The ending fit very perfectly too I might add. And yes it's hard to say whether to go with she lives or dies. But then don't forget you can go with bittersweet as well.

I really like the alter in your scree shots btw. And you have trouble summerizing? O_o!! I find you to be great at it. I mean the way you just capture the whole thing written with the picture both in this project and AS... you're so good at luring the audience in giving them enough for a good taste but not barebones where there's nothing or blab the readers brains off. Well whatever ending you do I'm sure you know what you're doing. :)

The first post has been updated with more plot stuff, and Screenies have been updated! A new shot has been posted of Bennu, the village of phoenix-worshipers. Also, I've replaced the Title Screen image with the new, and much nicer one, created by Andy6000. :D

Going to be posting information on locations and social groups later.

Looking very good, as always. ^_^

I have two questions:

1) How did you make that amazing light from the Phoenix Altar? (It's altar, not alter, if you mean: "An elevated place or structure before which religious ceremonies may be enacted or upon which sacrifices may be offered.")

2) How did you do that nicely curved road in Bennu Village? Looks great!

Anonymous

I swear, if I got rid of the download manager, 99% of you wouldn't notice. ':|

I still haven't gotten over my disappointment about Beautiful Day, sadly, so I'm having trouble getting into this. I like the new title screen, though.

ccoa said:
I swear, if I got rid of the download manager, 99% of you wouldn't notice. ':|

I still haven't gotten over my disappointment about Beautiful Day, sadly, so I'm having trouble getting into this. I like the new title screen, though.

I checked it and don't see the brick road Kitty used in her Bennu village. o_O

And nope, you're right, we wouldn't notice. :P

What's up with the download limit anyway? It's kinda annoying when I'm downloading things and suddenly it tells me I'm at my limit, whilst there were only 1 or 2 resources left that I really needed. Isn't there some place where I can see how many downloads I have left? ':|

Anyway, /poke Scriptkitty, you posted while I posted. ><

Question: did you make that overlay using Photoshop? >.> And did you add the image to Add or just normal with a low opacity? Oh, and give me a tutorial on making one for myself. ^^

The screenshots don't look nearly as good as Akasha Seal did. You seem to be having a hard time translating from a non-interactive movie to something that people actually play.

I do like the premise, though, and the title is catchy- I enjoy single-word titles.

Good luck.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.