Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

OFFICIAL HBG SERVER - JOIN HERE!

HBGames OFFICIAL Minecraft Server

Current Status: ONLINE!

This server uses a whitelist! To be added, fill this out:
(Copy & paste this please! Answer on the "A" parts!)

Copy & Paste this into your post if you want to join!":nbn04tsy said:
Q1.: What is your minecraft.net login member name? (This is also your character name in the SMP game).
A1.:

Q2.: What team (White Wolves, Purple Pigmen, or Teamless/Creative Only) would you PREFER to be on? (Note that you MAY be shuffled around at Ven's discretion -- see rules.)
A2.:

Q3: Have you read, and do you agree to respect all rules of the server??
A3.:

Q4.: Will you be regularly checking up on the HBG OFFICIAL MINECRAFT SERVER threads on this forum? This is how all announcements & information will be shared. If not, do you have a means of receiving this info from a member who WILL fill you in on updates or announcements? (If not, you can't play!)
A4.:

WHITELISTED MEMBERS:
[Member name: minecraft player name | team they're on]

VenSprite.png

Administration:
+ Venetia: venetia_macgyver | Pharaoh / Server Admin

Purple Pigmen of the Palisades:
+ Dr. Funk: Dr_Funk | Purple Pigman Captain
++ LiquidMetal91: liquidmetal91 | Purple Pigman
++ Kaludan (Ven's fiance): Kaludan | Purple Pigman
++ dox: CalebBoese | Purple Pigman
++ Dr. Funk's Friend: cheese_cap | Purple Pigman
++ dox's Friend: zio_234 | Purple Pigman
++ Kuhlmanation: kuhlmanb | Purple Pigman
++ Velocir_X: Velocir_X | Purple Pigman
++ Colonel Gork: ColonelGork | Purple Pigman
++ Anski: Deadreddogs | Purple Pigman

White Wolves of the Tundra:
+   Glitchfinder | White Wolf Captain
++   Ripsand | White Wolf
++   Phateamah (Name pending) | White Wolf
++   Rebel_dawn | White Wolf
++   LaDestitute | White Wolf
++   Oracle94 | White Wolf
++   Redwyn | White Wolf
++   zenvirzan | White Wolf
++   CopiousTuna | White Wolf
++   EXephoS | White Wolf
++   ridaes | White Wolf

Grey Dissenters (Creative-Only):
+ Perihelion: Perihelion | Grey Dissenter & Vizier
++ Bacon: pipesnogger | Grey Dissenter
++ Yeyinde: Yeyinde | Grey Dissenter
++ Peri's friend: Tarman2007 | Grey Dissenter
++ Peri's friend: ToastTheGreat | Grey Dissenter
++ Peri's friend: FeetOnFire | Grey Dissenter
++ Candle: hmaddict/Candle | Grey Dissenter
++ Sage Crowley: GeneralFlea/SageCrowley | Grey Dissenter

HERE'S HOW TO JOIN:

1.) Download SPOUTCRAFT [exe], [jar], or [app]. You will need to use this to play on this server. It will not hinder your Minecraft installation in any way. It will enable you to see a lot of special features that non-Spoutcraft people wouldn't be able to see or use. (Note: If it keeps crashing on you, consider using only recommended Spoutcraft builds, instead of Dev Builds.)
Under Video Settings, Set your OpenGL to Fast (if your video card supports it) and DO NOT select Far View!

2.) Download & install one of these texture packs: 32x (recommended) or 16x
a.) Download one of the .zip folders above.

b.) Drop it into your Minecraft Appdata folder. Hit Start > Run > type: %appdata% > .minecraft folder > texturepacks folder.

c.) When you launch Spoutcraft, select it as your texture pack :D

3.) In Spoutcraft, hit [Multiplayer]. In your Servers List text input field, write: samwhitten.boldlygoingnowhere.org

4.) You're in! If you're not a part of your chosen team yet, don't worry, you will be as soon as your Team Captain invites you.

5.) Have fun!!

Here are your commands lists:

http://elluster.com/!DUMP/hbgserver/commands/COMMANDLIST-MEMBERS.pdf

SERVER INFORMATION & FEATURES:

MAIN WORLD NAME: Harbinger.
MAIN NEUTRAL CITY NAME: Sprocket Citadel.
CURRENCY: Cogs.
PHARAOH: Venetia
VIZIER: Perihelion
OPPOSING PvP ARMIES: Purple Pigmen & White Wolves.
PvE-ONLY/CREATIVE ONLY GROUP: Grey Dissenters.
PURPLE PIGMEN CAPTAIN: Dr_Funk
WHITE WOLVES CAPTAIN: Glitchfinder

SPROCKET CITADEL MAP:

The world of HARBINGER is comprised of 3 major elements: The PvP CONTINENT, a neutral city within the PvP continent named SPROCKET CITADEL, and across the ocean on any side of the PvP Continent, you will find PvE-only WILDERNESS (which comprises the rest of the world).
[Note that the Nether will also be PvE-only, until further notice.]

Sprocket Citadel is quite large. The PvP Continent is massive -- spanning over 3 MILLION square blocks. It supports all basic biomes: desert, swamp, tundra, temperate, etc.
The wilderness beyond is even larger!

:!: In the PvP Continent, resources like redstone, iron, gold, lapis lazuli, etc. are far more plentiful than usual -- This is because of the dangerous nature of being able to lose your stuff on death or have some of it stolen during a raid. You will also find hidden treasure, or random dungeons/temples/etc. to explore. It's always best to go exploring with a buddy or a team, to ensure you get back safely with any of your found spoils! Diamond is still a rare commodity, however, so guard it wisely!

When you first enter the world, you will spawn at the DIAMOND GATE, located within a gigantic dome, just outside of the GRAND PALACE in Sprocket Citadel.

A short distance from there, looking westward, you will see a smallish, 2-story tudor house. That is the WELCOME CENTER. Please go there first to read up on server info and rules.

After that, you're off! Feel free to explore the rest of the Citadel. In it, you'll find a number of shops & bazaar stalls, parcels of land or buildings you can buy, rooms for rent to rest up, and libraries full of things to read. There's also a Colosseum, where you can engage in fun events :).

:!: If you spawn during the night, it may be wise to wait until morning to head out beyond the city limits. Monsters don't spawn within the citadel, but beyond her walls, safety is a commodity!

The citadel features gates on the north, south, east, and west walls. Each of these feature massive portcullises. To open them or close them, you'll find a little switchhouse connected to them. Throw the switch, and the portcullis will rise or descend. Please remember to always close the gate after you leave!

At the entrance of each fort is a gigantic portcullis, like what you saw at the citadel. The difference here, however, is that these gates have no lever operation from the outside.
If you're stuck outside the gate, and there is no one who will let you in, you can walk around the fort to the back wall, and find a small, private entry hall. These doors cannot be opened by anyone on the opposing team--the only way a person on the opposing team can enter your base is by either building a structure that takes them over the walls, or by entering through the main portcullis gate (if it is open--it cannot be destroyed, if closed).

Inside each base [though the layouts of each base are different], you will find:
- Watchtowers on each corner of the perimeter walls.
- A barracks, mess hall, & courtyard. In the barracks, you can claim a bed & private chest by writing your name on the plaque over it. At the entrance room, there will be a couple of chests with freely-available supplies for people to share. (At the launch of the server, or if a Pharaoh pays you a supply drop for winning a contest or to balance out teams, you will find a number of basic supplies in these large chests.)
- An attic, featuring a supply storage room. There are lots of chests in here you can use for your team's cache.
- A small general store, where you can buy very basic building items (for buying other things, or for selling your wares, you must go to Sprocket).
- A dais, where the first creative contest will take place.
- A little display case that houses your team's mascot creature.
- Anything else that your team builds!

:!: Note that creatures CAN spawn within the main bases! So keep them well-lit, and make sure that you close doors after yourself!

:!: :!: :!: Special Note: Beneath Sprocket for a fair distance, and the ground under the bases, all blocks are worthless. They are either sand, dirt, stone, mossy stone, or bedrock. Trying to mine for materials under the city or the main bases will leave you wanting! I did this so people wouldn't be tempted to f*** up the bases or city while they look for crap.

There will be contests and opportunities to win points.

Keeping your base & the surrounding areas looking nice will lead to team points. Winning contests will lead to points as well. Points will lead to bonus supply drops, tips on treasure locations, or other perks.
Going to jail for infractions or ruining the landscape may subtract points from your team's score! So don't ruin things for your team by making the world ugly or finding yourself in jail a lot!

:!: :!: :!: All contests, including creativity contests, are open only to the White or Purple teams. If you're a Grey Dissenter and want to join a team only for a contest, you are free to do so.

Enjoy, explore, and plunder! Good luck!

Q1.: What is your minecraft.net login member name? (This is also your character name in the SMP game).
A1.: Glitchfinder

Q2.: What team (White Wolves, Purple Pigmen, or Teamless/Creative Only) would you PREFER to be on? (Note that you MAY be shuffled around at Ven's discretion -- see rules.)
A2.: White Wolves

A3.: Yes

Q4.: Will you be regularly checking up on the HBG OFFICIAL MINECRAFT SERVER threads on this forum? This is how all announcements & information will be shared. If not, do you have a means of receiving this info from a member who WILL fill you in on updates or announcements? (If not, you can't play!)
A4.: Yes

Q5: Have you PM'd Venetia a copy of your character's custom sprite sheet (hero.png)? [Note that this will be modified by Ven to reflect your team's colors, if you have not done so! Also note that this will be your ONLY sprite you can use in the server, and can't change it (barring special circumstances)!]
A5:
No, but it's right here:

Glitchfinder.png

A1.:

A2.:

A3.:

A4.:

Q5: Have you PM'd Venetia a copy of your character's custom sprite sheet (hero.png)? [Note that this will be modified by Ven to reflect your team's colors, if you have not done so! Also note that this will be your ONLY sprite you can use in the server, and can't change it (barring special circumstances)!]
A5:

1) pipesnogger

2) Neutral (still am doing PVP)

3) What is reading? Beep Beep.

4) What is reading? Beep Beep.

5) No not yet but I will~

A1.: Yeyinde

A2.: I'd rather be teamless, since my character skin is already grey/black.

A5: Not, but like Glitchfinder above:
yeyinde-1.png

A1.: Dr_Funk

A2.: Purple Pigmen

A3.: Yessir

A4.: Yeah, I checked the other thread every day.

A5: Will do now

Oh yeah, can you whitelist my friends Tarman2007, ToastTheGreat, and FeetOnFire too? I'll keep them updated on rules and stuff. They'll be neutral with me.

Ah, what the hell. why not :p

A1.: Ripsand

A3.: Sure

A4.: No. But glitch will fill me in.

A5:
4883whitewolves_skin.png

Raze

A1.: Redwyn

A5:
UayL8.png

I'm bringing a friend. It's like a sleepover! only no sleeping or topless pillow fights. or girls.

Q1.: What is your [friends] minecraft.net login member name? (This is also your character name in the SMP game).
A1.: Rebel_dawn

A2.: White Wolves. he doesnt have a say in this.

A3.: I explain things pretty well. Remember all my failed forum games? They stand as proofs.

A4.: From the shadows, I shall observe, and seeing i'm on AiM 24/7 the info will trickle out to the others in the form of malicious rumours. [Yes.]

A5:
5716im-so-fast-lulz.png

A1.: My login name for minecraft is LaDestitute.

A2.: White Wolves, please.

A3.: Yes, I agree to respect said rules.

A4.: Yes, but I will not be actually able to play on the server for an undetermined amount of time or until I get a better ISP. Probably by the end of the year, or early months of 2012.

A5:
21etd20.png
(PS, it's called a skin >_>)

candle

Sponsor

I'm with peri on the whole skin rules thing. It feels way too restrictive for a server that isn't rp based. Even Lord of the Craft only required you to wear a skin fitting for your race it wasn't permanently applied. I know with the Ascended and especially with the Sages, we went through several different variations until we hit on something we really liked and fit us. Anyways, here's my app. Bear in mind, I'm not actually looking to play on the server regularly (I have Mongoose Country for that), I more just want on the whitelist so I can check out what everyone has built and to hang out.

A1.:hmaddict (i would be more comfortable with a char name of candle though, if you can set nicks)

A2.: Teamless since I am not really looking to play, and when I did I would be more focused on building.

A3.: Yes I have read them all, and I already explained why I don't agree with one of them. (It is the only one I dont agree with)

A4.: Sure, I can check the forums.

A5:
Here it is:
SageRed.png
Feel free to make it more grey if you need to. I dont want to be mistaken for a PvP player.

A1.: GeneralFlea (though, like the other person who requested, if I could have my name nick'd to just SageCrowley, that'd be appreciated)

A2.: Teamless/Creative Only

A3.: Yes.

A4.: I'm on this forum daily, so yes.

A5.:
35ip2si.png

As much as I'd like to be a vizier, the only way I can play Minecraft right now is through a borrowed laptop, so I can't guarantee consistent activity. : ( maybe that'll change later.

dox

Sponsor

A1.: CalebBoese

A2.: Either coloured team, I suppose Purple Pigmen for now as they've less members; oh and I like the colour purple :3

A3.: Yes.

A4.: Yes!

Been looking for something new to do in Minecraft, can't wait for this to get started!

A1.: Oracle94

One question, how does one earn currency in the world? Employment?

Here's my friends info, Ven

A1.: cheese_cap

A3.: yes he has

A4.: I'll fill him in regularly

A1.:Velocir_X (same as everywhere)
A2.:Purple Pigmen, that fortress on a ragged cliff really tickled my fancy.

A3.:Bien sûr, madmoiselle.

A4.:Another thread to lurk in on HBGames? Where do I sign?

Geralt in Pimp Clothing skin coming up sooner or later

dox

Sponsor

my friend will be joining aswell if he can
A1.: zio_234

A4.: Yes [dox]

A1.: kuhlmanb

A4.: This or Spark

A5: I dont have a picture but right now im using batman

Also I am rather peeved b/c I have darn near everything working ~*~flawlessly~*~, except I cannot get the permissions plugin to allow building ... to anyone ... even me >:O
It's a problem that a lot of people are appearing to get though so hopefully it will be fixed before the end of the week, so I don't have to scrap this fucking permissions plugin and try another oneeee

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.