Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's ABS - EvE and Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khala

Edit the script, its near the top.
You change the variable's value.

Also, just so you know, Mr.Mo isn't updating/supporting his scripts anymore. :yes:

@Khala: while that may be true. It doesn't mean he's not hard at work on another battle system. And let me tell you its amazing. But yes I do believe he is still supporting his scripts :P

Joy

I'm using the Lite version, and I'm having trouble with how the Hotkeys display.

If I assign skills to keys in perfect order, it's fine, but if I assign something to 1, 2, 4, 7, 9 for example it displayed like this:
ooooo_____

While it should display as:
oo_o__o_o_

Otherwise if you go by how they're displayed, the player will press 3 trying to use the skill keyed for 4.

I have to imagine it's somewhere around here:

if HOTKEYS_SHOW
#Draw Hotkeys
count = 0
#Make a loop to get all the ideas that are Hotkeyed
@actor.skill_keys.each {|key, id|
#Skip NIL values
next if id == nil
x = (count*32) + 280
#Get skill
skill = $data_skills[id]
# Next if skill is nil
next if skill.nil?
#Get Icon
icon = RPG::Cache.icon(skill.icon_name)
self.contents.blt(x, 27, icon, Rect.new(0, 0, 200, 100))
#self.contents.draw_text(x, 33, 49, 58, skill.name.to_s)
n = Keys.name?(key)
self.contents.draw_text(x+10, 33, 49, 58, "#{n}")
#Increase Count
count += 1

}
end

But I do not know how to change it so the icon is drawn to a specific coordinate dependent on the Hotkey pressed instead of counts of how many keys have been pressed.

I would really appreciate some help here, I just need this last bit fixed and the battle system in my game will be 100% ready and bug free (I hope).

I'm no longer supporting this script. Just using the thread to let you guys know about my new ABS.

Its completely done. Makasu will test it over and over again, until he is bored and then I'll fix the errors he finds and then I'll release it.

@Joy
Thats because the hotkeys don't only use numbers but also use letters.

Hahahaha well I won't be bored with it for a while. But don't worry people its only because we are aiming for the best for you people out there with little to no errors [[which may be impossible]] but you never know! So I suck. Lol

Mr.Mo;329414 said:
I'm no longer supporting this script. Just using the thread to let you guys know about my new ABS.

Its completely done. Makasu will test it over and over again, until he is bored and then I'll fix the errors he finds and then I'll release it.

I'm nearly exploding with excitement!

Wait, will I be able to use it with the SDK? I think I heard you say it wasn't going to be made with the SDK, but will it still work alongside it?

it will be compatible ;) I'm 90% sure lol

Actually, I did rewrite 1 method the SDK uses, if it doesn't work with the SDK, I'll fix it ;)

I wonder what kind of ABS it is? I just hope it saves better than your SBABS. That thing would throw an error every time you save after changing to another party member. I can't wait to see it Mr. Mo.

In the demo, you can control "soldiers" kind of. but I didn't add an SBABS system, not until this ABS is final. I might not ever add it but I don't know yet.

Last night, I finished fixing all the bugs I found. Waiting on Makasu to finish my website and for him to test it so I can release it.

I might use this in my game but is it possible to have two NPCs follow you and attack whatever you are attacking?  In my game my character is in a party and I want all three characters to be able to attack in the fights.

Yup, you can make NPC's follow you and attack only when you attack, but only on that map. Once you teleport, they can't follow you.. I'm thinking a way around that though, so sit tight :) I suggest waiting for NeoABS though ;)

A new ABS? Great news, Mr. Mo!  ;D
God, have I been waiting for that.

Maybe all the errors and bugs I've encountered will be fixed, considering the huge changes. (Hooray!)

Yup, they are all fixed.  The only thing that worries me is the character animation :-p I'm actually done, just making a Testbed with my other scripts..

Edit: oh yeah I'm also trying to add Summons.

Edit2: hmm.. I want to add the Summons script as a plug-in for people that don't want it as it may cause performance issues on older PC's, so I'm just going to release the ABS without it and then when I know that all the bugs are dead..I will make summons and the Squad Based ABS(ABS with party members)

Mr.Mo":2woqgyk8 said:
Yup, you can make NPC's follow you and attack only when you attack, but only on that map. Once you teleport, they can't follow you.. I'm thinking a way around that though, so sit tight :) I suggest waiting for NeoABS though ;)
Okay, do you have an estimate of when you will release NeoABS?

hmm.. There is no guarantee but I estimate around Wednesday. I'm aiming for Tuesday but I highly doubt it because of school..

The script is actually already done and so is the demo for it, however, there are couple of things I have to do before releasing it, I apologize for the wait.

Anyhow, here is something that will make you happy. I made a Caterpillar script, this means you can easily make it so that the NPCs follow you around. Before, I used a complicated method...

On top of that.. Once this ABS is released, I will make a plug-in where your party members fight along side you ;), so I don't suggest using events just yet :)

Mr.Mo":k01m6akd said:
hmm.. There is no guarantee but I estimate around Wednesday. I'm aiming for Tuesday but I highly doubt it because of school..

The script is actually already done and so is the demo for it, however, there are couple of things I have to do before releasing it, I apologize for the wait.

Anyhow, here is something that will make you happy. I made a Caterpillar script, this means you can easily make it so that the NPCs follow you around. Before, I used a complicated method...

On top of that.. Once this ABS is released, I will make a plug-in where your party members fight along side you ;), so I don't suggest using events just yet :)

Awesome, so for the new one I can have my two party members walk behind my character, even when I teleport to a new map?

Yup, but you will have to wait a bit longer for that. Once NeoABS comes out, I have to make sure there are no bugs, once that is done, I will create an add-on to NeoABS that allows party members to walk with you and fight with you. So it will take a bit, perhaps a week or less(probably) longer for the party member add-on.

The reason I'm doing this is because last time I released 2 ABS, including the one you want, called SBABS and i had to fix SBABS and the ABS separately whenever there was a bug in one of them...which wasn't efficient and it often lead to more errors due to conflicts.

Edit:

I'm reporting this thread locked so that it doesn't get bumped anymore. Be on the look out for NeoABS soon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.