Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's ABS - EvE and Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.
great abs mr mo!

one small question, when you kill an enemy and it drops the item bag, i always get 11 exp and 23 gold. how do i make it random or make custom item drops?

Hairdude;275757 said:
great abs mr mo!

one small question, when you kill an enemy and it drops the item bag, i always get 11 exp and 23 gold. how do i make it random or make custom item drops?

Change it on the database.

thats what I assumed to start with, but it doesn't work for me
i've got a enemy setup which gives you 9 gold when you kill it, but when you kill the enemy (using abs) it still says 23 gold ???

Any other ideas?

This is an incredible script, but I have a question about it.

Is it possible to completely disable the ABS temporarily? If so, what script do I need to use to do so?

Thanks!

I made a new map and transfered the player there with an event, but in that map the hotkeys don't work (haven't put enemies in there yet, so I can't tell if atacking works or not)
Do I have to put someting special in that map for making the skills work?
edit: nevermind, It seems the abs only works if there's an enemy onf the map =)

I think the answer is right in this topic, a few pages back. try looking around.
Anyway, how can I change the default walking speed? I mamaged to change the dashing and sneaking speed, but not the normal walking speed.
I hope someone knows the answer to this.

Batman

Sponsor

Alright so every time my player walks over an event that transfers him to a different map, I get this error message:

----------------------------------------------------
Script 'Mr.Mo's ABS V5.5' line 2917: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'each' for nil:NilClass
-----------------------------------------------------

Can't seem to figure it out. What's going on here? :s

A lot of problems... no answers...

DUN DUN DUN!!!!

:) I'm not mad or complaining, but... Wonder if he's really really busy or sick of our questions? lol.

For anyone that is getting an error when they try to call $scene.hud_hide from a script, make sure that the event you are calling the script from is set as an AUTORUN and NOT Parallel Process (not sure if it works with any others, but I know it works for autoruns). I was having a hell of a time with this one too, but I found that calling it with an autorun event works (after three days of screwing around with everything I could think of script wise).

Also, I'm not sure, but I think running it with the an autorun event makes it so the hud is displayed for a split second before the event is called. I'm going to look into it and see if there's a way to make the hud not visible first, then when you want the hud to show up you just call $scene.hud_show (from an autorun script). That way the hud won't be there at all for the intro to the game, no stupid hud flash ruining the beautiful intro. :D

And I've also noticed that the Time display for the hud is REALLY messed up. I don't know if it's just my game, but the time jumps randomly making it pretty much useless. For instance; it counts normally for a while, then at 00:25 it jumps ahead to 00:49 then counts normally for a couple seconds, then jumps back to 00:30, etc.

EDIT: I found out that the Anti-Lag script I was using was out of date and was causing the problem with the time. I replaced it with the Anti-Lag from the SBAS Lite system and everything is a-ok.

Hope this helps anyone who is as frustrated as I was about the hud visibility issue. And I hope everyone's questions are answered and the kinks in this mighty fine system are worked out. Thanks alot Mr.Mo for an amazing ABS! I salute you!

~WidowMaker

I've found a work-around for the HUD flashing up for a split second in the intro. It's not exactly pretty, but it works...

Just add: if $game_switches[1] == true to line 97 (or so) to the Mr.Mo's HUD script. Like so:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Refresh
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def refresh
-> if $game_switches[1] == true
self.contents.clear
self.contents.font.color = system_color

And then add an "end" to line 244 (or so). Like this:

#SNEAK Bar
self.contents.draw_text(SNEAK_X - 40, SNEAK_Y-10, 40, 32, "") if SHOW_SNEAK
draw_gradient_bar(SNEAK_X, SNEAK_Y, $ABS.sneak_min, $ABS.sneak_max, SNEAK_BAR, SNEAK_WIDTH, SNEAK_HEIGHT) if SHOW_SNEAK
-> end
end

Now the HUD won't be displayed in the beginning of the game, to allow for an intro. In order to turn the HUD on you will need to turn on switch number one.

NOTE: I'm not exactly sure why, but turning the switch off again after you have turned it on the first time doesn't make the hud disappear again. In fact the HUD stays there, and doesn't update anymore (in other words it appears frozen). Not sure exactly how to fix this, but for the purpose of removing the hud for an intro, this works.

Hope that helps anyone.

~Widowmaker

im having issues, for some reason, this does not work with SDK 2.3, it just disables itselfs, but SDK 2.2 is fine, and a few of my scripts are 2.3 only, any help?

Hello
I'm having problems with moving the hotkeyes to the low part of the screen.
When i'm changing this in the Hud script:

HOTKEYS_SHOW = true #Show hotkeys?
HOTKEYS_X = 580 #Hotkeys X Display
HOTKEYS_Y = 140 #Hotkeys Y Display

Nothing happed. What I'm doing wrong? Can someone do this for me, and move that hotkeys screen at the down part of the screen?

And sorry for my bad english

badyl13;301928":3jzl80ba said:
Hello
I'm having problems with moving the hotkeyes to the low part of the screen.
When i'm changing this in the Hud script:

HOTKEYS_SHOW = true #Show hotkeys?
HOTKEYS_X = 580 #Hotkeys X Display
HOTKEYS_Y = 140 #Hotkeys Y Display

Nothing happed. What I'm doing wrong? Can someone do this for me, and move that hotkeys screen at the down part of the screen?

And sorry for my bad english

Are those actual coordinates on the screen? I thought it was going off of tiles used in rmxp. So It'd have to be like 58x40 no? I'm not to sure. But You also need to change the pictures location. Thats just moving the icons I believe if I'm correct and yeah you need to move the bar, the icon, the numbers and all of that.

@Dog: its because somewhere I'm not to sure you put a 'nil' class in and its affecting the script. I believe if you just put a number sign [#] on the end it should hopefully fix that...or make it worse. But gave that a shot and see what happens.

i didn't edit it at all...i used the provided code....\

edit ok the file must of been reuploaded or something because i downloaded it from a different source this time and it worked... but i can't attack anything at all./....

ok is there any way to make Lite compatible with mode 7 because mode 7 is what my games graphics are designed 4.. and when i added in mode 7 i got a line 2801 error. saying wrong number of arguments (2 of 1)

And also with out the mode 7 the mini map doesn't show up and no of the monsters can attack or be attacked...i even copied monsters over and they dont work.

It's the best ABS ever!!!! But I have a question, how can I let if the player dies the game end? Because I don't want when the player die he uses another allie or friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.