Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's ABS - EvE and Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well if thats the case then just make a comment event where if any member is affected with Knockout then its game over y'know? Hope that helps and don't mention it.

dabum

I hve a quick question, what exactly does the sneak do? i tried using it and thought that the enemy soldiers wouldnt detect me in game but they do. Is there another purpose for it?

I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem when transfering to another map? When I do only the player controlled character is transfered while my other allies are still fighting on the map I just left. i want my people to follow me when I transfer.

al3itwi;322623 said:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!! But I mean when any on of the party die...

find NEXT_LEADER = true in the script and make it false.

@dabum

Sneak in this version doesn't seem to work..':|

I'm working on a total revamp of this script(EvE), started today..I even gave it a new name cause I started it from scratch(was bored). NeoABS! Its basically has most of the features as this ABS except, its simpler to use and faster then the this one, meaning reduced lag. This ABS runs at 20FPS(wit 10 enemies) for me, NeoABS runs at 30-35 FPS :D

I'll most likely finish by tomorrow(I just have to do the minigame and add player attacks), I won't be accepting feature requests. It seems the more features I add, the harder it is to use and more bugs there are.

Example of new Enemy Setup
Code:
# Comment: Enemy V             - Declares the even as an Enemy and get it's id
#                              -  V = Enemy ID from the database.
# Comment: Behavior [V1] [V2]  - Example: [1,2,4,6] [1,2,3]
#                                V1: 1,2,3,4,5,6
#                                1. Attack when see.
#                                2. Attack when hear.
#                                3. Attack when its friend is under attack.
#                                4. Attack if attacked first.
#                                V2: 1,2,3,4,5
#                                1. Able to Attack.
#                                2. Stay at distance from hostile.
#                                3. Run when dying.
#                                4. Do not move.
#                                5. Do not turn.
# Comment: Range V1 V2         - V1 = The range it can see from.
#                              - V2 = The range it can hear from.
# Comment: HateGroup [V]       - The enemy will attack any enemy with it's id in the list.
#                              - The hate group enemies aren't considered allies. 
#                              - The player's hate id is 0.
#                              - Do not use the event ID, use the Enemy ID, you can find it
#                                in the Database, Enemies Tab.
# Comment: Speed V             - How fast will the enemy move when in battle
# Comment: Frequency V         - What rate will the enemy move and attack when in battle
# Comment: Respawn V           - Respawn Time. If 0, then don't respawn 
# Comment: Trigger V           - V = Trigger Number
#                              - Trigger 0     - Will erase the event.
#                              - Trigger 1 2   - Will turn on a switch with the ID of 2.
#                              - Trigger 2 5 9 - Will change the Varaible's value with the ID of 5 to 9. If 9 is
#                                                set to 0, the the Variable 5 will be added 1.
#                              - Trigger 3 1   - Will change the local switch of the enemy to 1("A").
#                                                1 = A
#                                                2 = B
#                                                3 = C
#                                                4 = D

As you can see, I've reduced it to only 8 lines from 13!

ps. my PC is Pentium 4 CPU 2.00Ghz, 384 MB ram...

Damn Mo its about time you bastard. Hahaha just kidding but looking forward to it. And you better know who this is after we've been through so much. But is there any possiblity that you could possibly do it the way behemoth went about doing his? Not to sure if you've seen it but if you want a sample PM and I'll let you know what I'm talking about. So yeah hit me back ASAP. And can't wait man! :D

Who are you? !!!

j/k, of course I remember you :p. Sure, go ahead and PM me it.

Guys, I don't know if I can finish today because I was out with friends late.. I have 2 hours left until I sleep.

Forgot to tell you guys.. I dumped the SDK, it wasn't working out for us...

Hahaha okay I did. :) and its cool take your time. Its like art. It can't be rushed and it comes when it comes y'know? So I can wait and others can too.

Hahahaha wow I look like an ass. :0 I didn't see that but good looking out mate. But yeah man you can still use regular scripts and SDK its not that hard actually. And I think its for the best actually. To many problems were happening with that thing if you ask me. So good riddens to bad apples or w/e the saying is.

it is almost fully compatible with the SDK. I say "almost" because I haven't fully tested it. Someone else needs to test it with the SDK. I don't imagine any problems will arise though :).

I dumped the SDK for the reasons Makasu mentioned. On top of that, I made my own Module that are needed by my scripts, so that I can make plug-ins for them and manage them easier.

Oh, one last thing.. The script is done. I'm working on a demo and trying to eliminate bugs. Makasu will be my beta tester.

Hahaha score me! Lol >:) but its good people. I assure you Mo knows what he is doing. I've worked with him plenty of times before and yeah he's got it under control. :)

Thanks to Makasu, I added a new feature in. The enemies/allies are now able to dodge ranged attacks(bows, skills and so on) . The dodge ratio is determined by something like this formula:

x = random number between 0..20
dodge if x > 10 and bow_speed <= enemy_speed

We don't want events to dodge attacks faster then them right ;)

Hellladen;326888 said:
This is a great system, are you still upgrading this one Mr Mo, tons of your abs' say
your no longer working on.

I only have 3 ABS systems lol. Well, now it would be 4 with this new one.

I'm not upgrading the current ABS EvE/Lite or the SBABS but I'm creating a new ABS that have almost all the same features but just works better and is easier to use and manage from the other ones. It also includes a more advanced AI..(but I can only do so much with RGSS's processing speed)

Allow me to be the first one to tell everyone out there awaiting on this script it is awesome! No lies. Call the press Mr.Mo has done it again! And yes! The dodge effect is going to be sweet as well. I mean when I saw it in action [[although it wasn't coded yet]] it was similar to some of the AI I have seen in current gen games if not next gen games! While we must wait for all the bugs to be cleaned up and all of that I can assure you when its done you will all be amazed. No lies. Mo is the shit! Lol

EDIT: Also on the lag update. I'm glad to report [[and if I'm not supposed to be spilling this Mo tell me and I'll remove this whole post]] that the lag is reduced greatly. I experienced none and I mean none and I have like 8 programs open. Windows media player, Msn, TVersity, RMXP, Flash, Photoshop, FireFox, and Yahoo instant messenger, and yeah I know photoshop and flash at least eat a shit load of memory. So yeah lag is no longer the issue with this thing for real. Keep it up Mr.Mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.