Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Master of the Wind

Master of the Wind (Complete!)

Dark Stoic!

I love how you made the eye shift from the left to the right side. The outfit itself is real dark though. I'll have to try this out in RPGmaker when I return to see how it looks. But the final verdict is very awsome. Thanks Des.

Well, he's dark for a reason. You know, I base Stoic off the Batman archetype.

You can also see some subtle changes beyond a simple recolor. The bandana comes down lower and has a logo (erm, dot), and the cape wraps around his arms like Batman's.

Enkur

Stoic'd probably live without that spot on his bandana, but I think you've really got something there with the black cape (draping or non-draping is still up in the air). I won't mind recoloring his battler at all if that's what Art and Volrath decide.

Back from the capitol!

Oh wow, interesting..I do like the black cape. I agree with Enkur about that yellow spot on his bandana, though. There's something a bit goofy about it. Regardless, the more customized a sprite is, the more interesting it becomes I think. I actually think this decision should be made by ArtBane and Enkur. After all, Enkur's the one who has to draw him.

Props Des. We're really very grateful for your enthusiasm.

Oh wow, interesting..I do like the black cape. I agree with Enkur about that yellow spot on his bandana, though. There's something a bit goofy about it

True. I couldn't get it to look right on the sprite- it looks like a Midle Eastern turban or something. I've drawn him, though, and as a logo it looks cool.

I was talking to ArtBane eariler, it seems like we've decided to use the new design, but it won't be implemented until Arc III is finished. It's a real bitch to keep uploading Arc II, and we'd like to avoid doing it again unless some other crippling glitch comes up.

At some point later, we would go into all the arcs and update the art, of course. Still, I thank you again for the contributions. There will be plenty of new characters coming up that need sprites, and I won't forget your work with Sparrow and this new Stoic.

P.S. Superman was awesome.

Always willing to sprite for ya. And replacing graphics is easy, just delete the original in the folder and replace it with the new one with the same name.

PS. Fuck you for seeing it. My girlfriend wants to see the fucking Lake House so you're going to have to watch Superman again this weekend. But maybe it's for the better since today I bought Superman and Superman II on DVD to review before seeing the new one. ;)

It wasn't the replacing graphics thing that was difficult, it was the uploading it onto box.net thing. That takes ages.

P.S. I didn't realize you still planned on seeing it together. I thought for sure you would convince your girl to go with you. Katie went with me to Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. I would like to take another look at the movie, though. It's the kind of film that may reveal new themes and layers upon a second viewing. Also, Lake House got TERRIBLE reviews.

PS. Actually, I really, really enjoyed the Lake House. I wasn't happy with the ending (see spoiler), but overall it was surprisingly much better than I expected. I cried at parts.

Keanu Reeves shouldn't have lived at the end- I felt it was an unrealistic attempt to make it a lame happy-ending love story. I think there would be a lot more impact, and more of a moral to the viewer, if he had stayed dead.

Interesting. Well, give a call if you want to see it sometime this weekend.

I guess we should get back on topic. How are people finding the game? Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Danny

Sponsor

I've started re-playing through Arc 1 again, I love this game. Who did the artwork in your signature cause I love it.

While I made the signature, all the art was done by the very talented Mr. Enkur. He is currently working on new updated sprites for our two heroes.

Enkur

Glad to hear you guys like the logo. I don't get to do much letterwork so it was very fun playing around with it. Unfortunately I spent so much time on the logo that I didn't put out the complete title screen I wanted. You'll be seeing a new one by the time the next arc is ready to come out, and if I get enough time in the next few weeks I'll be posting some art that I've wanted to do since viewing the end of arc 2.

Well, that is if I don't keep passing out after work every day, rofl.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.