Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Master of the Wind

Master of the Wind (Complete!)

I'm in a room containing one big box and two running bats. I can block one of them with the large box but the other one just blows the torch out. What do I do?

edit: Got it!

Enkur

S Vegeto said:
Btw Volrath Naruto fillers shall end soon....can't wait.

O RLY?

On a slightly more serious note, I've been playing arc II myself lately (previously have only seen it through bug testing and minor fixes), and once I work my internship and WoW into a proper schedule, I'm hoping to do some work on what will be the first round of graphical revisions in the game. This will include bringing all profile pictures in line with each other, and creating more original art to replace some of the current battlers. I do have something else to work on for the game besides those at the moment, but I kind of wanted to take a break to play things on my GBA...and the test server...and...</lazy>

Anyways, enjoy the arcs and expect, as Blizzard puts it, "awesome changes".

Zoom

I was originally going to wait until I played both arcs and then comment, but I soon found myself playing... and playing... and playing...

I must say, no RPG has occupied this much of my time since Suikoden. I guess when a game is this addictive that it actually makes my project go slower, I don't need to come out and say how great it is.

(Needless to say however, in raising the bar for the rest of us, you will cause us to work that much harder at making great games! Do you even know what you have unleashed?)

Zoom said:
I was originally going to wait until I played both arcs and then comment, but I soon found myself playing... and playing... and playing...

I must say, no RPG has occupied this much of my time since Suikoden. I guess when a game is this addictive that it actually makes my project go slower, I don't need to come out and say how great it is.

(Needless to say however, in raising the bar for the rest of us, you will cause us to work that much harder at making great games! Do you even know what you have unleashed?)

Wow..thank you. All I can really say is that ArtBane and I do our best to create the kind of game that we would enjoy ourselves. The "Fun Factor" has always been top priority, though I feel that we've become much more comfortable with the tech stuff over the course of these two arcs. We'll definitely do our best to make sure Arc III has the same appeal. Although, with Enkur's help, the visuals will surely improve.

Okay, Im not sure which one you're talking about (I think its the one of the right of the 1st floor), but I *think* you should try check the pillars....you should notice something.

I'd recommend being at least Level 7 before trying to take him on. It's been done by people at lower levels, though. It's just much harder.

I think I beat him at level 6 or 7 :P
Just make sure to keep everyone healed, and use Stoics Rough Shoud and you should be fine, the bats are the only thing to be worried about during the fight.

Bugguy

Hey Volrath, I've liked a lot that zoom thing in the battle, could you please give me that script? I'll give the appropriate credits, and I've liked a lot your game... O,o _\/,,

Thanks for the interest, but the scripts aren't really my thing. I don't especially feel comfortable going near them. Someone else asked for one, and I decided I would put script requests on hold till ArtBane is back. We won't forget you, though. Enjoy the game!

Hmmmm....you're right. Everytime I somehow get to the bats and then one of my characters die. Then its a free trip to hell!

I love you guys.

Just remember to keep my save file around from when I preplayed it at your house (it was 12, remember?), so when I get my internet back and I can download it and pick up from where I left off.

The new battlers look great from the screenshots. The other day I messed around with some graphics out of boredom- recolored Stoic and did some editing to further separate him from the RTP (black cape, etc, you know my vision of a darker Batman-type Stoic). You might not use him, but I did it for myself anyway. ;)

I also recolored the skin on Andau's charaset to match the darker shin on the face picture you guys used, and I think I did something else, too, but forgot. I just get so bored without the internet now, and I'm usually too tired after getting home from work to do anything substantial for my own projects...

Either way, it's all on my computer without the internet so you'll have to wait.

Don't know what else to say, other than this:

I'm proud of you guys. As cheesy as it sounds, I am. MotW started out months ago as some cute little game that I spotted before it was much of anything other than sopme great ideas and designs, and I've watched it evolve into what it is today, a masterfully crafted story and game, with increasing popularity- you guys definitely have quite a following now, and you deserve it. It's a great, great game, and you've put a lot into it, and you can see that I'm not the only one to tell you this. I'm glad to have taken a part, however small, in helping the evolution of this great game. People seem to be loving it, and rightly so.

Great job, guys. I can't wait to get my internet back to I can finish the second Arc.

Nice to see you back, Des. I wondered what happened. If my life hadn't been a circus these past few weeks, I might have called you up. I'm glad you like the new battlers, and just wait until you see you-know-who. Totally badass. I was at ArtBane's house when Enkur finally finished that baby, the last one he had to do. Our jaws hit the floor and we got Arc II up mad fast after that. Really does justice to the sprite you made.

I'm certainly interested to see all edits and recolors you've done. We love that kind of stuff. In regard to Andau, though, I think his face is what really needs to be changed. None of us are big fans of it; it's ridiculously inconsistent and we hope Enkur will come up with something better that we can pop in Arc I whenever we update that.

As always, we're grateful for your support of MotW. You brought us a lot of visibility since November, and continue to drive us to do better work. Sometime when ArtBane is back from Italy, we'll have to get together again. You can check out the Arc III stuff we've already done.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.