Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

HBGG | HBGames.org: The Game

Injury":2yk3vauw said:
I was thinking that through a playthrough of the game...make an alternative menu button or something or possibly modifying the default menu script to add a return_to_hall function built into the default menu.

Void wasn't meant to be easy, so no apologies :P

menu/altenative menu button
community hall instanced events
groups?!?!
-people can group together and go through a room, making choices individually in battle or something
-groups can compete in time trials to beat each other at completing a room
-etc
community hall bgm (already in update)
fix chat lag/fix chat character input length possibly???

other thoughts shall come to me in time!
Check the changelog :thumb:
The RPG menu will return to hall, and the chat system is completely fixed. Because RPGMaker isn't designed for netplay, some funky stuff would start happening if I had other people interacting with and triggering events without setting up a bunch of stuff in the background, including changes to the way people make events. If I migrate all rooms over to instances, then this stuff might happen. Before that, I'll be instancing the hall outside, which will definitely happen.

Either way, thank you for your input :biggrin:

You saw what happened in my room with the birds. They're set to 'through' so they shouldn't hang up when you stand on them. It doesn't do that normally.

I ran your room outside of the game, and I see what you mean. The triggers process differently.
What trigger type are they, and what is the structure of your event?

bird_zpsuuufayh0.png

I'll have a look at my event changes and see if I can find the problem.
EDIT: I see what the problem was coyote, and I've repaired it. I was fiddling with triggers to get the doors working when you enter and leave the hall, and I forgot to revert a change.

Version 0.2.0 is online.
From the changelog:
-------------
Version 0.2.0
-------------
01. Revamped chat system
- Different colors for you and others
- Significant performance improvement

02. Brought the menu back
- Menu access is disabled by default!
- Disable menu access to get the basic menu
- Enable menu access to get the RPG menu
- Call menu opens RPG menu regardless
- RPG menu returns to hall instead of title

03. Gameover works correctly
04. Using Return to Title Screen event command returns to hall instead
05. All save elements disabled for the time being

06. Player's character graphic and name are assigned to actor 1 in the database on game load
- I would advise against using battlers in the default battle system, because
they will not match up with the character graphic

07. BGM and BGS are now stopped when entering a room.

08. Changes to Room Select:
- Added Latest and Featured rooms
- Modified window layout slightly

09. Changes to Call Script:
- You can put consecutive call script commands together
- Syntax will be retained between consecutive calls

10. Upload speed should be faster than 10kB/s now, sorry about that.
11. Re-wrote background file downloader. Should work at least a bit better than before.

Oh, I see. Try re-downloading now.
I'm not sure why it didn't work, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I re-compressed it and now it works so whatever.

I've moved the server to a 40mbps up/100mbps down location rather than my 0.6mbps up / 4mbps down.
Hopefully things are a little more responsive.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.