Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Game Maker VS RPG Maker XP

It might seem ridiculous to post this poll since this is a RMXP forum but I would like to know, in general, which maker do you prefer? Game Maker or RPG Maker XP?
I'd like to know why you prefer one to another.

lucid realm games":o60xy3pi said:
well, I think GM is better because it has more options than RMXP... I don't think RMXP allows you to make action RPG games. at least I have never seen one...

Obviously, you haven't looked for any.

There are tons of RMXP games with action battle systems. (Read: Quintessence.)

Luminier":25rhjrgv said:
lucid realm games":25rhjrgv said:
well, I think GM is better because it has more options than RMXP... I don't think RMXP allows you to make action RPG games. at least I have never seen one...

Obviously, you haven't looked for any.

There are tons of RMXP games with action battle systems. (Read: Quintessence.)
But have you actually seen the coding between the two? try comparing them and see what you think!

this seems rather pointless. Hmmm, i wonder what the outcome of a rpg maker xp vs game maker pole would be on a rpg maker xp website. About the equivilent of its counter part on the game maker forums.I think we all knew what was going to win. It would have been "fair" in a neutral forum but i guess everyone is entitled to thier opinion. I chose game maker.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.