Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Game Maker VS RPG Maker XP

It might seem ridiculous to post this poll since this is a RMXP forum but I would like to know, in general, which maker do you prefer? Game Maker or RPG Maker XP?
I'd like to know why you prefer one to another.

Rpg maker, i love rpg's (playing and making) and making rpg's with gamemaker is just anoying, i only use it when i want to make a game like pong or frogger, but i think rpg maker is way better.

veige

i use both daily, there different programs for different things game maker is designed for for platform games or simple time wasting games to have fun with. on the other hand RMXP is designed to make long games with in depth story lines that take more than 10 minutes to beat. having said this i must say again i do use both and am a fan of both.

They both have their advantages. Game maker is just for short little pacman type games, arcade games basically. RMXP has better potential to make a better and more developed game. I'd vote for RMXP because Game Maker is a bit limited. But they're both still pretty damn good in my opinion.

RPG Maker XP because Gamemaker is complicated to use and that GMS (the Gamemaker scripting language) is not a real language like Ruby (that RMXP uses), so it?s not even worth on trying to learn something complicated like a new language just to use in a game maker program.

GAME MAKER, WOOOHOOO!!!!!

I mean... RPG Maker XP... yeah.

:p

Yeah, i voted for RPG Maker XP simply because Game Maker has a steeper learning curve, and I, therefore, like XP better. Although that might be different if knew how to actually use GM... might...

Well even though you can make RPGs with Game Maker, it takes a hell load of effort to do so with that program compared to a program that is actually developed for the genre. So as far as making RPGs, RPG Maker is the way to go.

game maker for different type of games I like it and yes game maker can make exe game that no one can hack your resources I wish rpg maker xp can do this too...

yeah yeah rpg maker xp for making sweet rpg game ^__^

RMXP is obviously the best choice for creating an RPG. Game Maker kicks very much ass at making ANY kind of other game, and the folks at the GM forum REALLY know how to help you (very fast, I might add), so it's hardly necessary to learn the GML. All you gotta do is ask how to do something on the forums, and you got like 5 replies in less than ten minutes telling you exactly what code to put in. @__@

I like Multimedia Fusion 2, though. =D You gotta be pretty clever to get some of the effects that are fairly simple on other apps, but it's the most reliable for making a platformer.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.