Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final Fantasy VI SDK - Going Social!

Thanks a lot! :)

I'm preparing for something new. I'll move this project on sourceforge and let everybody try the SDK at any time in the hope it will help development.
Everybody will be able to subscribe to the project and create requests/bug reports.

I expect the sourceforge page to be ready next month as I have to clean a few things in the data and code before I submit it to the project page.
Hopefully it will help me maintain this project more regularly, fix bugs that slipped away and also progress faster. It will also give you the opportunity to see and try all the changes as soon as they get submitted.

As I have said in my previous post, I'll try to dedicate a day per week to this project. At the end of the day if something changed (new feature is in, a bug got fixed, etc) then I'll submit the changes on the project page.

That's all for now!
- Dargor

Hello!

Just a little update. I'm still in the process of cleaning up the code before uploading the project on SourceForge. There's still a couple of crashes and bugs where you can get stuck in a menu or an event that I want to fix.

I'm also spending time cleaning the data and creating a good showroom and debug tools so that you can easily see all of the features even if they are not entirely done or integrated.

If everything goes well, the SourceForge page should be ready by the end of the month.

Take care!
- Dargor.

Hey guy. You wanna go out with me??? lol naw.. but hey. this is a dream come true. I have downloaded Rpgmaker Xp and Vx Ace. Neither Seems to be anywhere close in making a game that i want. I grew up with FF6. My favorite game of all time. Story/Music/etc... Just the best.

Daniel House,

Hit me up on facebook or
amazonwalrus@gmail.com

Final Fantasy VI SDK Now On
https://sourceforge.net/projects/finalfantasyvisdk/?source=navbar

Introduction:

That's it, the Final Fantasy VI SDK is now hosted on sourceforge.net! This is the first time I am releasing a version of the SDK since summer 2011!
You can view the page and download the compressed project file right there:
Final Fantasy VI SDK on Sourceforge.net

What is this all about?

I had the idea to put the project on Sourceforge to be more transparent and give you guys a chance to try the SDK out even if it's not ready for production yet.
Thanks to Sourceforge, I can submit new versions on this project page and you can subscribe to it to receive updates.
Doing this also allows you to create bug reports (called tickets) which I believe will also help me fix bugs and implements features faster.

So it's not a complete project?

Not at the moment, no. But this is the point of putting the project on sourceforge! With your help, I firmly believe we can all make this project grow faster!
The more people download and test the latest versions, the more they create tickets and the more bugs are fixed/features are implemented.
I would like to specify that a couple of features were removed on purpose to help stabilize the versions. So don't expect to see Mode7 yet.

How can I participate?
If you want to help, you can simply download the latest version in the Files section of the project page, extract it on your computer and open it in RPG Maker XP.
Then just hit play, try it out and if you notice a bug or features that are missing, simply create a new ticket in the Tickets section!

About Creating Tickets
- Before creating a ticket, please take the time to search the ticket list and make sure what you are about to create does not already exist.
- Tickets asking to implement something that was not part of either the SNES or GBA version of the game will be disregarded.
- You are allowed to create tickets for missing data, but only data that was part of wither the SNES or GBA versions will be accepted. So don't ask for a new Esper.
- Please do not create ticket for missing resources/RTP unless it can really help showcasing a feature or gameplay mechanic.

Conclusion

So it's done, it has been unleashed for you to try, break, crack, destroy, or whatever! As usual, if you would like to communicate with me you can still do so right here in this thread or via PM here on HBGames.org. I have disabled the Reviews, Wiki and Blog on the project page on purpose to keep things centralized here.

So I guess that's it for now, we'll see how it goes!
- Dargor

Interesting. Could you give me more info on the version you are using? The one I got is RPG Maker XP Version 1.04 and it's not a Steam version.
I'm not aware of any newer versions but if there are I'll try to upgrade. Could you also try to launch Game.exe and see if you get any other errors?

Thanks,
- Dargor

You seem to be running an older version of RPGXP (1.02a and the SDK is built on 1.04a) so try updating your application. It's been a while since I did that but last time I did, Enterbrain provided an executable that would do that automatically.

As for the Game.exe bug, I too have this problem on another computer. I left the debug version of FF6SDK.dll instead of the release version and it's now asking for MSVCR100D.dll. You can either download it and place it in the game folder or wait for me to fix this issue.

- Dargor

well crap never mind. cant upgrade to 1.04 without rebuying it. I'm just going to give up on making a game. Thanks tho. maybe in a few years i might try again

Apparently the only difference between 1.02 and 1.04 is the activation system, so just creating a new game and copying all the files across should work fine.

Absolutely. Also you can try to open Game.rxproj in Notepad. You should see the version number in it. Just change it to the version you are using and save it!

Edit: I confirm. Changing Game.rxproj in notepad OR creating a new project and replacing all the files work.
Also as for MSCV100D.dll, you can download it here. At the bottom of the page there's a button saying "DOWNLOAD ZIP-FILE". Try both and it should work.

I'll reupload a new archive containing this dll tonight, but this is temporary. You should not need this dll once I have recompiled FF6SDK.dll in release.

- Dargor

I'm glad it worked! Now about that other error, could you post a screenshot or a more detailed error message if possible?
I don't recal ever seeing this error so that would help a lot.

- Dargor

Oh crap. please ignore my dumbass. i didnt download that .dll you told me to. I have bad connection right now so i will have to wait and download it later tonight. So sorry for that. Next time i'll do what i'm told first :)

Thanks! So the ruby script is unable to load FF6SDK.dll. Probably because you don't have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package. You can download it from here if you want to try. Otherwise wait a bit so I can confirm that this is really the problem. I don't want people to install things they don't need. I tried the build on another computer and I am able to play it, I'll try on more ASAP.

Thanks for the report! I'll let you know when this is fixed.
- Dargor

k. i have no download speed as of now. but i checked and i do have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 redistributle. but i'm unable to download that .dll you sent me. i'm betting that will solve all my problems. oh and hey. i keep seeing that link that says "How to use RGSS2 with RPG Maker XP" do i need follow those instructions??

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.