Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Event Trivia - Regi is the winner

Zeriab

Sponsor

Hello there and welcome to Event Trivia.

Signups are now [CLOSED] and the trivia has [ENDED]
I thank the 13 participants for joining up in my event.
I congratulate Regi for winning the trivia. I have left the rules in tact for newcomers wanting to see how such a trivia works.

I order to spout some activity into this forum I am doing an Event Trivia again. (I did one 3 years ago)
It is a point based forum game where the participants with the least amount of points at each round will be removed.
The rules might vary a bit with two organizer instead of one.
My goal with this topic is to spread knowledge about events in a fun and challenging way.
My events will be from RPG Maker XP. Most of these will be easy to implement in another version.
There might be a few which cannot be implemented in the same way on other versions.
I will not check the validity of the events on other versions.

To illustrate the heart of the questions there is hardly anything better than an example:
Example":2yyktqw9 said:
A standard event has the event commands
Example.gif

You don't have to consider how it is triggered.
What does this event do?
Assuming Switch 1 is on: What is the output of the event?
How many outcomes does this event have?

Answer the questions separately.
3 points
You don't have to answer the the questions, it's just to give you a feel.
The example does not show the general level of difficulty.

========================

Contestants
Scoring
1st 20.9 points - Regi ~ Winner!
2nd 12.4 points - Glitchfinder
3rd 9.0 points - theory
4th -8.5 points - LegacyX
5th -9.4 points - becoolioman

Disqualified (Boo)
-10 points - Rayne
-10 points - LooseEnds
-10 points - Mr_Smith
-10 points - The Panda
-10 points - QuantumMindGames

Had to leave
Lionel
ShadowMainZERO
Ulqiorra

Rules
Be sure to answer the events within 72 hours starting from the time the events are posted.
Be also sure to read the rules, and remember to PM me (Zeriab) with your answer.
If you have questions post them instead in the Event Trivia.
Posting your answer in the topic itself will lead to disqualification.

When you give an answer you are awarded a number of points as given in the problem.
For every detail you miss you loose a point.
If you don't provide an answer then get the lowest score possible.

Let's say you have a 3 points problem, miss one detail and part of another, then you are awarded 1.5 points.
If you miss four details then you are awarded -1 points. In other words you loose 1 point.
If you don't answer at all you get -3.
Note that you will always loose more points by not answering than giving a completely faulty answer.
Note that you can increase your score by exceptional answers although never above the max. (The max of a 3 points problem is 3 points).

Tip: Read the whole event and do what is requested.

Rayne

I'd like to enter this! I can start any time. How long do you get for each answer?

You should advertise on the forum 'cause it was bare luck that I entered this sub-forum.

Zeriab

Sponsor

You get 72 hours to answer each question.
I will put a link in my sig for advertising so I don't have to rely on luck as much.

You have both signed up. The game will start after 10 participants have signed up.

*hugs*

Zeriab

Sponsor

@Mr_Smith: You have been signed up ^^

@LooseEnds: I intend to wait until we have 10 people, but if there still isn't 10 people after a week I will consider making a deadline. Currently its the first 10.

Zeriab

Sponsor

Since I'll be absent till the 20th of May I will not start before that time.
I hope enough have signed up by then or I will have to change the rules accordingly.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.