Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

CharaMaker XP Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunarhound":w688pax7 said:
Were you still planning to convert the resources to gif, so that they can be easily used in 2.0? Or have you already done that and put it on the site? (checking now, just to be sure)

Ack! I have to reinstall my software. Wiped the harddrive the other day, and work/life got in the way of restoring programs. I'll do it this weekend, I promise. ':|

anyone else notice that most of the male skins are off by a pixel in just their top pose, or something?

I don't understand why later versions use GIF. :/

Edit: ARGHHH!!! How the FRACKING POOPERS do I make a GIF transparent so I can use it in the later versions? I converted all resources to GIFs but the damn thing doesn't make the background transparent and I can't for the life of me work out how to set it transparent in Graphics Gale so I can use the darn thing!

SOOOOOO annoying. BLAH!

*is sulky*

Scribblette":2w3dz78u said:
anyone else notice that most of the male skins are off by a pixel in just their top pose, or something?

I don't understand why later versions use GIF. :/

Edit: ARGHHH!!! How the FRACKING POOPERS do I make a GIF transparent so I can use it in the later versions? I converted all resources to GIFs but the damn thing doesn't make the background transparent and I can't for the life of me work out how to set it transparent in Graphics Gale so I can use the darn thing!

SOOOOOO annoying. BLAH!

*is sulky*

I use Paint Shop Pro X, and batch them using advanced gif conversions. I'll be doing that asap ...

Also, the male skins were/are never off for me. I'm not sure what the prob is there. I noticed that, in the one fully compiled into the exe for you, many new skins were added, of many different colors. I only did natural shades: light, tan, dark, and in only female, male, and chubby. Perhaps it's the new skins that are off ...

well, there are a bunch of skins that are off at least on their top row - they're set one pixel higher and to the side. It's in the 1.5 version as well, the skins from 3 onwards.

Haven't got paintshoppro here :/

How do you make a gif transparent for the program?

well get win rar program it is free although it says trial it is free. Type win rar in yahoo or google search :) then youll be able to open it.

Nin

BusterSword777 said:
Oh, so you mean if I happen to use some of your custom sprites without creditting you at all, you won't mind?

I wouldn't. :x
I'd be flattered.

Nice program, but luckily I can do my own edits. ;)

I'm having trouble. Everytime i try to export a character edit into rpg maker xp, it won't show up. What am i supposed to do??

When it's obvious someone doesn't know what they're doing, it's advisable to give answers which are more helpful.

Mialee101, if you use Graphics Gale (which you can google and download the free version of easily enough) you can convert files by opening them up in the program and then saving them as a PNG file, or as any other sort (as opposed to GIF, for example). You can do this in most programs, but the default MS Paint program is very limited in its capabilities.

Try looking up some basic tutorials on using graphic programs - they'll help you get used to the basic terminology.

Whoa, this is some kinda necropost! From a year ago ...

Could you phrase your question better? Are you talking about how the program works ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.