Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

CharaMaker XP Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
mm, if you check the features inside the program it gives you the option, one of the top right buttons or something, pops up with a green and red + and - sign, and you can add bits like that - but it takes a while, mind you!

Aside from the newest version using GIF files, which is totally daft and makes no sense to me (but what do I know?) it's actually pretty good. I used ImageMagick to mass convert all the png files Venetia supplied into GIF files... but then I thought, hell, this thing is making me use layers, putting it together like that... making me remake the collection of layers every darn time I start it up (that's the bonus with the newer version, you can set colors per 'layer', hats, whatever) why don't I just collect all these parts into folders as they are, make a template with all the layers in Graphics Gale and then just put the darn pieces together myself? Wham bam thank you very much you are a muggermuch, yes, yes, come again.

/random

The advantage with version 2 is you don't have to import resources manually one by one, but you can place them into directories. Is just that things will still require a little editing personally, so... heh. Graphics Gale.

And I couldn't work out how to get ImageMagick to convert images from PNG to GIF AND retain transparency. :P

Thanks for the info, guys. Also, Andy6000, I put a 'credit you' thing in the original post. Thanks a lot for letting me know.

I know my site doesn't look like an ftp dump, but I'm a graphic artist and I like things pretty :$. I also get proposals and offers for web design work, and that site is one of my showcases.

When I originally placed everything up there, I never really intended on having lots of people see it, and I honestly didn't think about it much. I have forums, but mostly just for friends. That said, you guys have really caused me to think about it, and I'm taking those items in question down. I had to format my computer yesterday evening because I got a killer virus (my fault; my scriptblocker wasn't up ':|), but I should be able to edit the site tonight or tomorrow, when I'll repost the link. Not a biggie anyway.

I hope there are no hard feelings.

Also, I can batch process many images at once, and retain transparency ... It takes a little while, but it gets done. If anyone would like me to batch convert all those resources to .gif so you can use them with the newest CharaMaker XP, please let me know, and I'd be happy to oblige.

^_^

I don't think there'll be any hard feelings - or that there are any now, it's just, ya, the best thing to do and all :)

If you can batch process them to turn into gifs where the transparent background remains and so that their original file name remains (i.e. blonde hair, or whatever) instead of my shoddy luck turning them all into 0001 digit filenames with no transparency at all, that'd be awesome :)

that way a system could be set up that people submit their parts with the filenames crediting them, and people might know who to credit and all, then, sorta thing.

Venetia said:
Thanks for the info, guys. Also, Andy6000, I put a 'credit you' thing in the original post. Thanks a lot for letting me know.

Oh what? Oh no, don't put that on your first page, I hate getting credit for lame little recolors, especially ones without any real sense of style. I was just pointing out something I found funny.

Wow out of everyone ive asked i finnally found them thanks :) SOme of them are jpeg so there kind of blured out lol but only about 3 are in jpg from :). Also you do know you can reload charactermaker xp with the resources u added on filefront right?

Ok what you got to do see the red button ontop of it all?? CLick it this will open a new screen where u can click the green button that looks like a + then slect what categorie it is in and find the file

Me in all my noobyness cannot make a decent sprite so i ask you guys does RTP make a crappy rpg and if so will i have to rely on a good story?

ichabod":3kn7ibeh said:
Ok what you got to do see the red button ontop of it all?? CLick it this will open a new screen where u can click the green button that looks like a + then slect what categorie it is in and find the file
thanks man you really helped me

Do not doublepost, be sure to use the edit button. Thnx - Tana

yourwelcome u could just wiat ya know im about to post cahracter maker xpwith all the resources in it on filefron :) so u wont have too

Ok here it is i added all the resources and made it so u can download cahracter maker xp with them in it no need in adding them urslef. It took me 4 hours to import them all. The capes, and eyebrows dont work also venetia. The download to version 1.5 new resources is here: http://files.filefront.com/CharacterMakerXPV15Rar/;5220979;;/fileinfo.html Most of the shirts and hair.. are boy girl boy girl boy girl girl boy boy boy girl.....

I put thanks to venetia in the long description and seph for making it in the short and lon description. Thanks to both of you and have fun making sprites!!!!

The capes and eyebrows work for me ... Are you sure you're not putting them in the last bin? That one never works.

But thanks a lot for your help, Ichabod.

Everyone : Also note that I've finally redone the resources area of my site to make it credit-friendly. There's less stuff, but whatever there is is legit, now. :lol: Anyway, I can put the link in my sig again, guilt free.

Hopefully I can get some time between work, novels, and school to post some more stuff soon.

your welcome. I found some loop hoels though. There are some blank spots i fix thos up right away. ALso where should i put the eyebrows?? In extra 3?

Were you still planning to convert the resources to gif, so that they can be easily used in 2.0? Or have you already done that and put it on the site? (checking now, just to be sure)

I was looking for resources for that program ^^ now I can churn out some npcs and other random things myself. thanks.

I'm sorry for being a noob, but I'm not sure how to get the file from ichabod into the character maker, can anyone inform me of how to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.