Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Cell Chamber

Cell Chamber [DEMO + YOUTUBE TRAILER]

Man this game is really interesting.It have a very well done storyline and charismatic characters,and also you presented it very well,keep up the good work man,i wish sucess to your game.

sorry man,i really didn't mean to it...
i'm really sorry...
but i didn't used your topic to show mine project,my comments about your game are sinceres.
sorry for the trouble.

Oh no the trackbacking begins...

@master
I think advertising your project in other people's thread is against the rules(it may not be on the rules page, but there's a few rule enforced that aren't there.)

Aran

lol, yeah. and if it makes u feel any better, i'll take a look at yer project topic, too.

but, back on topic:

calibre, where'd you get the images of your characters (if u haven't answered this question already)?

@ Aran. I found the originals on a japanese resouce site, I can't remember which it was. They are credited to Studio E.Go and were used in games such as Castle Fantasia I think, I then chopped up different parts of them, such as the head, chest and put them back together to match my battle sprites.

UPDATE

Nearly all screenshots have been given an update to show their current states and also just to say the scripting position has now been filled. Any feedback is appreciated and feel free to post any suggestions.

Thanks Calibre

Tim.

: O I could probably say this in a more sophisticated way, but...

Those screens are ****ing hot. I can't wait for a demo.

Its amazing how impressed people get by the right combination of other people's hard work ripped and compiled together.
Look forward to a demo.

Its amazing how impressed people get by the right combination of other people's hard work ripped and compiled together.

You are talking about the mapping right? I've only really compiled the rtp and a few add-ons made by mainly members of this forum.

Nonono, I mean the profile screens and stuff like that. For whatever reason stuff like that impresses a lot of people here(even though it wont be in the game :P)
It's just sort of funny to me.
But since you mentioned the screens, I think some do have a contrast problem. I think instead of altering screentones for certain areas, you should change the tone of the tileset. What will that do? Well for places like where the fire is changing the tileset will allow the map to still be generally danky and dark but at the same time the fire will be bright and vibrant.
So like now where you have "inner1"(or whatever you call it) you could change the screentone for the tile itself and save it as "inner1b" or something, to be used for an evening scene or a fire scene or whatever that takes places in the same environment.

@ryan

Oh Ok, I only asked cause the guy you posted after had commented only on the screenshots.

I see your point with the fire, though I think half the problem was the file format I have been saving my screenshots in. I added a new main hall shot but the left the old one there for comparative purposes, this time saving it as a higher-res image. Do you think it still needs work? I think the difference in contradts of particularly the fire is noticeable. I have played the game both on a laptop and a pc, though on a laptop due to the screentype it was less clear. I hope most people use desktop pc's...

I would use the method of changing tilesets but stupidly I've already mapped loads of maps with the same fused interior and I'll either have to remap them or have another huge file in my gamefolder.

Yeah the character artworks are just edits and recolours, but I will be using them as part of the message system during the actual game in the more important curscenes, much like in the intro to Iron Gaia and games like Atelier Iris. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

*Fixed the image links in the screenshots section.

Also I finally have had the chance to see my screens on a new LCD monitor and now understand why everyone has been talking about the screens darkness lol. I'll be changing them as best I can but I do not have a decent monitor in my house to work with as of yet. Better start saving... I've made a thread about this in general discussion.

wow
Beautiful game
I liked the history
the topic is very organized

Congratulations

The screens are beautiful
the maps are good, I liked has a lot of details

Good luck with the project

Bye

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.