Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Cell Chamber

Cell Chamber [DEMO + YOUTUBE TRAILER]

Thanks guys for all your kind words, I haven't been active here for a while but I am glad to see people still paying an interest in this.

Unfortunately there isn't likely to be an update because working full time leaves me little time to do it now. If I was to start rm-ing again it would have to be on much shorter projects that would last an hour or so. Do note though that just because I've had to stop doesn't mean I don't still loving hearing peoples responses to it, I do still check back even if I don't post too often now.

Thanks for playing guys and have fun!

Gearpunk - I made a tutorial in the tutorial section for that! Check it out! :P

mawk

Sponsor

Awesome, thanks. I'll check it out in a few.

Alright, so I've been playing it for a bit now, and... Wow. You've really pulled out all the stops here, you know? It's clear just how much effort went into this game so far. The only glitch I've encountered was the standard big tree passability issue; you can walk onto a cliff by going behind a tree, but it's totally forgivable, doesn't break the game, and seems irreversible since it looks like all three layers are full at that point.

I also ran into a point where it shut down and complained "Bar and Savepoint: Wrong number of (arguments? arrangements? I forget.) I think it was my own error, though, as I had just woke my computer up after a hasty and unceremonious hibernation.

Nothing about this game bores. Suspense and plot tow the story along nicely where most people would rely on random encounters, and the breathtaking visuals keep the eye happy. You're an amazing mapper, yano?

Oh, and also the music's really good. I'm sort of an audiophile, so I'll keep my rambling to a minimum, but it's a very good soundtrack that fits the mood well.

EDIT: Alright, I've finished the demo. Nice level of challenge on the boss; of course, I can't speak for anyone else, since I ran away from a bunch of enemies and probably missed out on a level or so. The boss music has a high concentration of badass; lemme tell ya, I'm a sucker for trance dance-style battle themes. Giacomo in Baten Kaitos? Best dude ever, am I right or am I right?

Also, you get massive win points for using Vyers as a battler. Just toss Akutare in as well and I'm a happy Miek. A very happy Miek.

It's a shame I'm planning on using White Ties-style battlers myself, or I'd use Akutare for a base in a wink. D:

Yeah that demo has been checked checked and checked again for any serious bugs and rectified. It's gone through a fair few updates. That script error would be a one off.

Thanks for playing and your compliments Gearpunk, much appreciated!

I played the game a bit. But my headache's keepin me from gain any further than the early stages.

The game's introduction was pretty decent. And I absolutely love the "flashback-camera-view-thingy". But the white flashes accompanied by the lightning SE sounded a bit off to me. Lol. So far, all i can say is that its an amazing project.

Thanks! Never had any comments on that before you, maybe you mean the lights, rather than lightning.  It's the power to the house playing up with the lights flicking on and off. Or maybe I just can't remember which bit you mean!

Hope your headache goes so you can carry on :D

If anyone else has any pro's and cons for this they haven't let me know now is a good time because I've just started game making again and seeing as this was my first project ever I want to take all the lessons I can into the new work!

The download is still available should anyone else want to try it and I imagine it will be for sometime still.  Heck, most new members here have probably never even seen this game! ...but yeah final comments before I move on?

Thanks Reives, I'll leave it where it is for now as it has it's counter assigned to it but if it ever is taken off I'll known where to ask so thanks again.

Thanks, though it seems that Quintessence, MotW and Memento Vivere deserve the accolades right now, they are nominated for LOADS... well done to them guys... oh and Etheral Dreams... sorry if I forgot anyone there!

I'm afraid so Volrath... It's work schedule is far too demanding for me to do alone.  In hindsight I also don't think that planning such a grand game was the best idea for my first stint with a game making program really.  I know so much more about the program now than I did when I first started - I must have recoded the game 10 times over.  I also had the problem that it was so big I often got lost in it and forgot the direction I was heading in.  More plot twists than I could chew!

I'm still going to make games, just ones I can finish without losing motivation because I know there is still not even 20% done.  They may not be as large scale or polished up but at least I will be able to say I finished something.  :thumb:

I would still like to leave the game thread though because I think it's fun enough as a long demo and it's still gets regularly downloaded when it's in view on the forums.

For all those that have considered playing Cell Chamber but never got around to it I have made a little (and my first) trailer for the game.  Of course it does contain spoilers of sorts, so if you don't want to watch... well don't... actually do, what do you have to lose... a few minutes of your life... yeah I guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTTWLedUOyI

Yeah I should add that this is indeed canceled, I just made it for it's final build.  Still worth playing  :tongue:

I'm having a problem with the download link... I've always wanted to play this but never could.

I downloaded this on my older computer before it crashed, but it always had some kind of script error right after the title screen and was encrypted so I could never fix it ;_; Although... that was ages ago, but still.

And now, I come to re-find it and I can't seem to download it, it says something about renewing the account or something.

Hopefully one day I'll get to play it, please get back to us right away because I'd like to leave some critique on your game.

Right, yes I know the download is down now, Serenade didn't renew the domain for it or something, I just needed someone to ask for it again really to stick it on something else.

As for that error, the only thing would be your system was struggling to run the game, there is definately no error in the intro or else I'd have heard about it from others.  I'll set about uploading it now.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.