Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Cell Chamber

Cell Chamber [DEMO + YOUTUBE TRAILER]

Hey people...

My old buddy Reives suggested I put this on his forums so that I shall do.

cellchamber4hy5.jpg

TRAILER ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTTWLedUOyI

storyheaderde8.jpg

On a dark and stormy night, a young man awakens on the cold, hard floor of his manor home. His eyes are glazed over and he can sense a warm fluid running down through the crevices of his body forming a pool on the floor below. As the young man struggles back to his feet he soon realises that it's blood. What's more, as he begins to work his way back into the home to check on the situation, he soon begins to experience quite disturbing images within his head. A consequence of a hard knock to the head or perhaps something far, far worse?

worldheaderqz7.jpg

Cell Chamber is an amalgamation of a dark and morbid story, told through a lush and traditional RPG setting.

The story follows Koen, a young man confused and looking for answers about the events in his life that have left him where he is today. Raised since birth in a small and solitary village, Koen knew very little about the world that surrounded him, that was until the tragic events he endured pushed him out into the big wide world and away from home.

The story is told within the land of Neqa'ael, named after the supposed god who created it many eons ago. Neqa'ael is a land full of lush and diverse environments, though all the land is now under the control of the corporate giant that is Nova Corporation - The infamous company of key figures that developed the technological masterpiece, the Cell Chamber, 30 years ago.

charactersheadermx2.jpg

characters2xl0.jpg

featuresheaderkl8.jpg

Nearly a fully custom soundtrack made specifically for use within Cell Chamber

Engaging atmosphere and settings.

A fully animated CTB Battle engine

Interactive Environments to search and explore.

Subtle Lighting work that adds to the visual quality of the game.

Thought out and unique puzzles in various settings of dungeon.

Secrets, Side quests and Mini games to enjoy.

Charm the opposite sex to alter side quests and earn prizes.

screensheaderpm7.jpg

nikoschatdd6.png

Meet Koen and Niko, your starting protagonists.

manornorthlb8.png

Tileset Alterations and mapping that try to break way from the tired and linear rtp

introductionsvu9.png

Picture Cutscenes for the introduction of Major Characters.

[
minigameoj5.png

Minigames to partake in!

outskirtstv6.png

It's not all indoors...

kenjiwj2.png

Kenji relaxing by the waterfalls...

insidemineswy4.png

Large dungeons to explore on your journey through Koen's story...

menuhubcd0.png

The Unique CMS's Main Page developed for Cell Chamber.

battlescenekv8.png

Eye pleasing battle sequences that are fully animated with party, enemies and skills.

demoheaderzr2.jpg

DOWNLOAD SIZE: 88.1MB with rtp required

http://www.divshare.com/download/3903099-e84

DO NOT SOFT RESET THE GAME WITH F12 - SHUT IT DOWN AND RE-OPEN IT

Click here to view the names that helped make Cell Chamber...

GRAPHICS
Exclusive Charactersets By
Calibre
Omniouschaos
Alastyr
The Man
djrodrix
Exclusive Charactersets Pending
3 32
Hydrolic
M.Sam
Atlaswing
Character Art
Spliced and recoloured works from originals by Studio EGo
Pictures and Panoramas
Studio EGo
Battle Sheets
Edits and recolours of original sprites from La Pucelle, Disgaea and Makai Kingdom
Miscellaneous
Tana
ccoa
Erk
Zanyzora
Sithjester
Militant Milo
Game Rage
Mack
Angel

SCRIPTS
ccoa - Advanced Weather
Dubealex - Advanced Message System
Cogwheel - Bars
Squall - Damage Display
Cybersam - Battle system
Ultimate Jesus - Shadowed Text
Fuso - Debug
Near Fantastica - Anti lag
SDK - Near Fantastica, Sephiroth Spawn. Wachunga, Prexus, Jimme Reashu
Method and Class Library - Sephiroth Spawn
Scene Base - Sephiroth Spawn
File and Error Report - Sephiroth Spawn
Path Finding - Near Fantastica
View Range - Near Fantastica
Inn System - Sephiroth Spawn
Dual Fogs - Daniel
Party Switcher - Sephiroth Spawn
Rataime - Eye Candy Scripts
Crafting System - Deke
Destruction Engine: Rataime
Light Effects - Near Fantastica

[Not all of these will make the final cut]

AUDIO
Exclusive Original work by:
RMXP_USER
KAOII
J-STREET
EQUIZER
MIKE CHAMBERS
LYNDON HOLLAND

Unoriginal work by:
Capcom
Nox Arcana
Midnight Syndicate
Matt [Sakari]
Shizu
Militant Milo

Note
This is to be added to, if you see anything that is credited wrongly, has credit missing or something that is yours that you wish to be removed please feel free to PM me about it.

I believe those are from one of the Castle Fantasia games... if not, it's definitely something by Studio E.Go... or am I thinking of Cronus?

@ Johnny Da Slasha - No noodles is right, the character art is mostly made up of me splicing various parts of characters together from EGo's collection but all the world map etc is created from scratch.

@ Noodle - Thanks for clarifying who made these, I found them on a translated Japanese website so finding the right artist was difficult... updated the credits

@ Hydrolic - Thanks!

I agree the first for maps do look pretty dark in the screenshots but they are no where near as impairing in the actual game though, they seem to be far more visible when playing, and secondly they are all from the opening scene where I want to present the player with an altogether dark atmosphere.

Looks good. The provided background leaves a lot of potential for the plot and most characters seems interesting. The non-dark screenshots (I can't comment on the dark ones) are also nice.

The game looks really nice for the most part. However, the places that you took screenshots two through five from better be a hella lighter because I can't even see anything on them right now for the most part.

UPDATED THE DARKER SCREENS, tell me if they any clearer although the fire based ones seem to still be coming up too dark when taken out of the game.

@ Daniel3579

Ergh, I don't know really, that's just standard RPG convention, It adds variety to stop the game from being dull. Barrets Gunarm and Vincents gun in FF7? Why does cloud use a sword and Tifa no weapon at all?... Momo from breath of fire, why does Ryu use a sword? The list goes on... Also, each of the members in the Spider Faction are assassins by trade and a hit by a perfect bowshot is alot more discrete than pistols... On top of all that, the developments by Nova Corp. that I haven't revealed here could easily answer the logic of using a bow rather than a gun.

The world map was completely hand drawn by me without any reference to any other maps, then texturised on the computer, but I just looked at the FF8 map and I guess they do share similarities, such as 5 continents, with a North, East, South, west and Central layout.

Thank you for your comments

Well... I have a few coments about your game.

I love all of your screen and the battle system. I hope to see a demo soon :D

And your character looks really good in this style.

Wow, is it me or does the world map look a lot like FF8's world? It's like an exact copy of it but a little edited. Quite a weird coincidence...or probably you played FF8 too much?

The world map was completely hand drawn by me without any reference to any other maps, then texturised on the computer, but I just looked at the FF8 map and I guess they do share similarities, such as 5 continents, with a North, East, South, west and Central layout.

I had already discussed with Daniel 3579 that I agree they share similarities, particularly the placement of the continents, but that is due to the simplicity of drawing a map that has a continent in each of the North, East, South, West and Central areas. I actually made it following Despains guide on his site. Below though I think you can see by the shapes of the continents that it clearly isn't copied/edited from FF8.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/5306/worldmapcomparison9ev.png[/IMG]

For the reference FF8 is the only FF I havent liked/completed to the current day! Lol.

I'm liking it so far. But maybe you should have edited the map just a bit more. It looks just like FF8 but just simplified. The thing is the FF8 map is extreamly easy to recognize because you had to like stare at it for hours to get around using the Gardens. I suggest maybe tweaking it a bit further. Like for example the largest contintent doesn't have to be on the right like with FF8 so maybe try doing it on the bottom or whatever. Snowy places can be on the bottom of the map as well and don't have to be on the top right. Switch it around a little more and it'll be much more unique.

Aside from that hey the main character looks hot. ;) Haha. You might want to change his sprite a little bit because it looks like his shirt is ripped rather than that jacket thing in the drawing you provided.

So far so good. This looks really well put together besides the fact that you didn't draw this stuff on your own. But I think that's a good thing with what you did. Copy and paste is always the best. :D Keep it up man, I definintly want to play your game.

The maps arent that similiar.

Thanks Ryan! At least that makes two of us :)

@ Raven The Dark Angel

I'm liking it so far. But maybe you should have edited the map just a bit more.

Im not sure if I should take that as you guys still think I've in someway used the map from FF8, because I haven't "edited" anything. It started as a handdrawn map off the top of my head and was then scanned in and texturised, anything linking it to any other RPG map is purely coincidental. However if the resemblance continues to bother people I will put your advice on tweaking it into effect.

You might want to change his sprite a little bit because it looks like his shirt is ripped rather than that jacket thing in the drawing you provided.
Yeah My spriting isn't my forte! That's why I'm trying to recruit an artist so I can make this game what I know it can be! lol.

I also wasn't sure what you meant about copy and paste and which part it concerned. If you mean the character artwork, it was made from cutting up existing characters in photoshop, are putting them back together in a collage format, with a bit of recolouring... That is how the character artwork looks just like the battle sprites. Sorry if that is what you meant!

Anyway, thanks and I'm glad you look forward to playing this!

EDIT:

Thanks Coyote Craft, I guess not everyone does think that after all!

I've sent you a private message regarding the Scripting position. Please read it in detail and respond to the questions i've asked as soon as possible.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.