Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Axe's Graphics Station of [FAIL][CLOSED]

The game is about:

A pre-adult that finds out his dad was killed because of stealing from a king, which leads him out into exile. He soon finds out that he isn't even his real father, and searches for him while training to become a strong and daring knight. A long time afterwards, he stumbles upon his father in a city built open rock raised almost to the clouds, called "Arkotrath." Arkotrath is the biggest city every built, but together he and his father have to save it from impending doom, in a deathmatch between "lightness" and "darkness." Who will emerge victorious?

^ To give a feel for what I want the title to be about.

I don't really want any cartoonish-looking text or backgrounds, if you know what I am saying. But I am not meaning that I want blood in it. Maybe except for a small-but-noticeable blood-red moon in the middle of the left side of the picture, so top-left-middle you could say?

What I want it to look like is a massive city fortified on rock as the background with a noticeable light vs. dark theme (not like the buildings are white and black, maybe just the sky on one side very dark and one very light). Maybe (for the dark vs. light) you could have a massive storm, making it very dark, on one side for darkness, and on the other side rays/beams of light are passing through clouds, to make it light.

Oh, did I forget to mention that the game is called "The Battle of Arkotrath?" how could I forget...
By the way, I suggest to put the font like this:
|
|
|          New Game
|          Continue
|          Shutdown
|_____________________

or some sort of variation.

And by the way, this will go commercial (not like international, but given out as freeware to the internet/ given out as a PC game locally). So take your time, if you need.

Sorry if I am giving out a hard task, I just want it to look professional.

This is what I have at the moment:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee205/Abyssal_Czar/001-Title01.jpg

I don't really like this one, because I want the castle to have a certain look (like it was a mix of a real castle and RPG Maker XP), but how the castle is on rock is what I am aiming for. The font that I am thinking of fits in perfectly with the medieval setting, but possibly not the game itself (although I hope it does). Maybe a more medieval looking Classic Metal for "The Battle of" and a variation of the text I have in the picture. Like a thick outline of black on a darkish brown font with shading. For the placement of the text, I kind of want it more to the left corner, like Clint City Urban Warfare. And as for the moon I am talking about, I don't really want the moon behind the text, but near it, or maybe you could try it as the O in of or Arkotrath. When it comes to which 'o' it really doesn't matter.

The shading that I am thinking of is like this: ^_^ with the sun being to the right. So the right side of each carot is light while the underscore and left side of the picture is dark. Like having the ^_^ flipped 90 degrees to the left, and looking at it from the left. I don't know how to explain it, though. If you can't understand, I will try to make a better example. Ooh.. just though of one. Say you have two pencils that have points looking to the left. a flashlight the size of a pencil is looking straight down on the points of the pencils. Notice how the bottom side of each pencil is dark, the top is light, and the middle (in between pencils) is somewhat dark.

The ridges don't look like this:
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/

They look like this:

/They look like this:
     light
\________/
/    dark   \
somewhat dark
     light
\________/
/    dark   \

Just imagine these going down on the text.

Hope I made a good enough explanation... O_O

Thanks,
Ark.

P.S. And of course I will give credit where credit is due. =]
      And if you have time, can you critique my plot?

Arkotrath":36dwz7ro said:
The game is about:

A pre-adult that finds out his dad was killed because of stealing from a king, which leads him out into exile. He soon finds out that he isn't even his real father, and searches for him while training to become a strong and daring knight. A long time afterwards, he stumbles upon his father in a city built open rock raised almost to the clouds, called "Arkotrath." Arkotrath is the biggest city every built, but together he and his father have to save it from impending doom, in a deathmatch between "lightness" and "darkness." Who will emerge victorious?

^ To give a feel for what I want the title to be about.

I don't really want any cartoonish-looking text or backgrounds, if you know what I am saying. But I am not meaning that I want blood in it. Maybe except for a small-but-noticeable blood-red moon in the middle of the left side of the picture, so top-left-middle you could say?

What I want it to look like is a massive city fortified on rock as the background with a noticeable light vs. dark theme (not like the buildings are white and black, maybe just the sky on one side very dark and one very light). Maybe (for the dark vs. light) you could have a massive storm, making it very dark, on one side for darkness, and on the other side rays/beams of light are passing through clouds, to make it light.

Oh, did I forget to mention that the game is called "The Battle of Arkotrath?" how could I forget...
By the way, I suggest to put the font like this:
|
|
|          New Game
|          Continue
|          Shutdown
|_____________________

or some sort of variation.

And by the way, this will go commercial (not like international, but given out as freeware to the internet/ given out as a PC game locally). So take your time, if you need.

Sorry if I am giving out a hard task, I just want it to look professional.

This is what I have at the moment:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee205/Abyssal_Czar/001-Title01.jpg

I don't really like this one, because I want the castle to have a certain look (like it was a mix of a real castle and RPG Maker XP), but how the castle is on rock is what I am aiming for. The font that I am thinking of fits in perfectly with the medieval setting, but possibly not the game itself (although I hope it does). Maybe a more medieval looking Classic Metal for "The Battle of" and a variation of the text I have in the picture. Like a thick outline of black on a darkish brown font with shading. For the placement of the text, I kind of want it more to the left corner, like Clint City Urban Warfare. And as for the moon I am talking about, I don't really want the moon behind the text, but near it, or maybe you could try it as the O in of or Arkotrath. When it comes to which 'o' it really doesn't matter.

The shading that I am thinking of is like this: ^_^ with the sun being to the right. So the right side of each carot is light while the underscore and left side of the picture is dark. Like having the ^_^ flipped 90 degrees to the left, and looking at it from the left. I don't know how to explain it, though. If you can't understand, I will try to make a better example. Ooh.. just though of one. Say you have two pencils that have points looking to the left. a flashlight the size of a pencil is looking straight down on the points of the pencils. Notice how the bottom side of each pencil is dark, the top is light, and the middle (in between pencils) is somewhat dark.

The ridges don't look like this:
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/

They look like this:

/They look like this:
    light
\________/
/    dark  \
somewhat dark
    light
\________/
/    dark  \

Just imagine these going down on the text.

Hope I made a good enough explanation... O_O

Thanks,
Ark.

P.S. And of course I will give credit where credit is due. =]
      And if you have time, can you critique my plot?

You my friend are either insane or completely stupid.

If you honestly expect me to make a digital oil painting, considering I don't have a digital pen tablet, nor the time or patience to do something like that. And also do it for free after you just told me you are going to make your game commercial. You've got to be the most selfish person I've ever met.

I am...
1) Not going to make a digital oil painting for anyone unless it is a professional company with the right tools.
2) Not going to make any titlescreen or graphic for a commercial game for free.

For the simple fact you can and will likely make money off of something I made, that is absurd.
----

What I will do, is create something a little less elaborate than a painting.

I can create a background that gives the feel of darkness and light coming together, but not in harmony.

With the text I could make the words look similar to a fortress in my eyes. Or even as if they are fortified.

And if you want my honest opinion, I don't think showing the main place you will be going to in the end of the game as a title, it gives a certain "Given Away" feeling to the game, so there is nothing to look forward to. As well those type of title screens work so much better with a 3D game where the camera can revolve around the parameter of the mountain, with a glowing pulse around the title screen and a setting and rising sun in the background while it rotates... It just doesn't work so well with a 2D game.

So unless you want to...
A. Buy me a pricey digital tablet
B. Pay me about the same price as the digital tablet and wait a long time.
C. Go with one of my other choices to go about this request.

Then I can't accept it.
Sorry bud, I'm just not going to make something that elaborate without the tools, time, or money to go about it. Just isn't worth my time or yours.
~Axe

Arkotrath":283549t2 said:
Well, you are wrong about the fact that it would be worth my time. I will just ask someone who is actually up to the task. Clearly YOU are not worth my time.

By the way, you are going for the right title of your thread. Axe's Graphic Station of [FAIL].
Lmao, first you come in to my request station requesting something that I expect payment for, since it is such an elaborate request and after I turn you down you insult me, real mature. I hope you find someone "worth" your time.

Good luck, chief.
~Axe

I'm sorry Axe. I just wasn't in a very good mood last night. Bad problems in life.

Anyway, I was thinking that you were the kind of person that did it to do better in art, challenge themself, or to have fun, when I was making my request. I didn't know you were the type of person that demanded payment for something that was going to be given out for FREE (I never said that I was going to be getting money from it, you just automatically assumed that I was).

You don't have to do this (I realize now that I wasn't behaving as well as I should have), but if you do forgive me, then I would ask just to give me a logo of the title of the game with light and dark coming together (as you pointed out in your other post).

Thanks,
Ark.

Hey Axerax i like you work that iv seen would u mind making me a logo for my game its called "Darkness Falls"
this is what the Title looks like this
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff22/RpgXpBlaze/BG.png[/img]
it would be very much appreciated if you could make it for me all i would likke is for there to be a half moon in the logo every thing else u can do what look the best to you  :smile: thx for your time

Arkotrath":13lu50j1 said:
I'm sorry Axe. I just wasn't in a very good mood last night. Bad problems in life.

Anyway, I was thinking that you were the kind of person that did it to do better in art, challenge themself, or to have fun, when I was making my request. I didn't know you were the type of person that demanded payment for something that was going to be given out for FREE (I never said that I was going to be getting money from it, you just automatically assumed that I was).

You don't have to do this (I realize now that I wasn't behaving as well as I should have), but if you do forgive me, then I would ask just to give me a logo of the title of the game with light and dark coming together (as you pointed out in your other post).

Thanks,
Ark.

I didn't take offense to your request, I took offense to your attitude towards something I provide no payment for, however when a request is not exactly a request I can complete within a day or two, let alone weeks, I would expect some sort of payment. And to be honest, I've been offered payment in cash or exchanges multiple times for requests less elaborate than yours. So not all of my requests are seen by public due to this, even if they are in my portfolio.

I've been making art since I was in the 3rd grade, the first year I could even take an art class. I've been doing anime-ish art and weapon design art since I was in middle school. I've been doing graphic arts since I was in highschool. So I took offense to someone insulting me for having bad art.

I didn't deny your request completely. I gave you reasons why I can't make your titlescreen exactly as you want. I don't personally like painting, in fact, I hate it. I would rather make stuff solely based on shapes and figures I can bend to my own liking and create stuff from them. Some people like how I make stuff which is why they come to me... while others may not and go to someone else, I'm not here for some type of competition, I will do what I need to do to make a good portfolio of what I "can" do, and not of what I can't do.

Typically, the word commercial, means there is money to be made, the word you should have used was freeware. You are going to distribute it to the public but as a non-profit game. Even then, I would have stilled turned it down due to the elaborateness of something I don't have the means to accomplish. However, I did offer you an alternative which you refused to acknowledge until now. I was actually looking forward to it until I read the post, waiting for your reply to the alternative, but to no avail it was for naught.

I'll accept your request under my own terms of what I want to make, if you don't like it, you don't have to take it, if you do, feel free to use it.

YoungBlaze":13lu50j1 said:
Hey Axerax i like you work that iv seen would u mind making me a logo for my game its called "Darkness Falls"
this is what the Title looks like this
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff22/RpgXpBlaze/BG.png[/img]
it would be very much appreciated if you could make it for me all i would likke is for there to be a half moon in the logo every thing else u can do what look the best to you  :smile: thx for your time

I'll accept this request, however, I would request you to give me some knowledge about your game. And do you want a literal half moon or a crescent moon like I use for Luna Productions' logo?

Please note these requests won't be done right away, I will load them up to batch 3 and get to them when the 2nd is finished.
~Axe

i would like a crescent moon and to be short about the details of my game it about a land that has been over come by a evil organization that trying find the 5(items) that if put together would give user tremendous power...and the quest the player gos on to try and obtain them.i hope thats anuff info :shock: and thank you for taking my request

Your stuff is freaking sexy!   :shades:

Do you think you can make me a logo? It's for a game I'm working on,
called "Clone Scroll".
I thought it would be cool with some metal, fire style. ^^

Here's what I got now:
http://i32.tinypic.com/2qujhbn.png[/img]
And I want something like that, but with a metal style.

Here is what I'm thinking:
http://i30.tinypic.com/ea362p.png[/img]
The font doesn't really matter, just find a good looking one. ^^
And if you can get a scroll in the logo, it would be really nice.  :smile:

And to give you a feeling how the game is:
http://i28.tinypic.com/i1czlu.png[/img]
http://i26.tinypic.com/2wqgx8l.png[/img]
It's dark all the way trought, so maybe the logo can be a little bit dark.

I haven't posted the game yet, beacuse I'm pretty lazy.  :tongue:
But when I do, you'll get much credit. ^^

Thanks.

(Sorry for my bad grammar, english isn't my first language.)

YoungBlaze":1dktq4c2 said:
i would like a crescent moon and to be short about the details of my game it about a land that has been over come by a evil organization that trying find the 5(items) that if put together would give user tremendous power...and the quest the player gos on to try and obtain them.i hope thats anuff info :shock: and thank you for taking my request
Would you prefer a dark technological themed logo? Judging it is based on a common cliched idea in RPGs, collecting stuff, but you said items of tremendous power, technology can be just that.

Nomistake":1dktq4c2 said:
Your stuff is freaking sexy!  :shades:

Do you think you can make me a logo? It's for a game I'm working on,
called "Clone Scroll".
I thought it would be cool with some metal, fire style. ^^

Here is what I got now:
http://i32.tinypic.com/2qujhbn.png[/img]
And I want something like that, but with a metal style.

Here is what I'm thinking:
http://i30.tinypic.com/ea362p.png[/img]
The font doesn't really matter, just find a good looking one. ^^
And if you can get a scroll in the logo, it would be really nice.  :smile:

And to give you a feeling how the game is:
http://i28.tinypic.com/i1czlu.png[/img]
http://i26.tinypic.com/2wqgx8l.png[/img]
It's dark all the way trought, so maybe the logo can be a little bit dark.

I haven't posted the game yet, beacuse I'm pretty lazy.  :tongue:
But when I do, you wil get much credit. ^^

Thanks.

(Sorry for my bad grammar, english isn't my first language.)
Again is your game technological or medieval. I'd be interested in creating a futuristic scroll. I generally feel metallic themed logos go towards futuristic themed games, especially when they are about cloning lol.

~Axe

Axerax":1l7pashi said:
Not a problem, if you need anything changed give me a shout.
~Axe

hey ^^ im srry if this is inapropriant request of update on Logo

Font: please change it to Drew Drops Aero

Full Game name : Saikain The Legendary Warrior
and Subtitle : The Legendary Warriors

PM ME IF THis is too much THX For Ur Attention

Axeraxs

Best Wishes : Akuma209
i was about to PM You But ur Inbox was full

see ya axe

Okay you can PM again.

Nomistake":1xf7rlaa said:
Axe: It's some sort of a mix. It's some time traveling. ^^
Make the scroll futuristic, that would be awesome.  :smile:
Got it, Will be sure to update the batch 3 list.

Dopples":1xf7rlaa said:
Clean out your PM box Axe, I have to send you the rest of that list. =x
Feel free to send it now.

Akuma209":1xf7rlaa said:
Axerax":1xf7rlaa said:
~Axe

Axeraxs

see ya axe
Sure. You want it in the font or the stylepack or both? (Dew Drops Aero)

Axerax":2q55k7gl said:
Okay you can PM again.

Nomistake":2q55k7gl said:
Axe: It's some sort of a mix. It's some time traveling. ^^
Make the scroll futuristic, that would be awesome.  :smile:
Got it, Will be sure to update the batch 3 list.

Dopples":2q55k7gl said:
Clean out your PM box Axe, I have to send you the rest of that list. =x
Feel free to send it now.

Akuma209":2q55k7gl said:
Axerax":2q55k7gl said:
~Axe

Axeraxs

see ya axe
Sure. You want it in the font or the stylepack or both? (Dew Drops Aero)

Stylepack

Hey, good work on this. But most of this is just you going Layer Blending Options crazy!
Your swords are alright.

Remember; quality beats quantity!

But keep up the good work!

Cheers, Sam.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.