Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Aqua'os: Tears of the Ocean

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Awesome downloading now.
EDIT: Sorry can't download just yet about 20 minutes I downloaded something else from rapidshare.

OK, now I'm really downloading it.
EDIT: I've started playing and it's pretty good expect there are a lot of passable tiles which are not supposed to be walked on when you can.

I must say.... the intro is breathtaking at moments I didnt read the text cuz I was admiring the art  XP
I felt the beginning a little rushed, so many names and concepts... all thrown almost at once, maybe you should take some time intruducing all that to the player
You should check some of the picture events, some of them seem to stay on screen to long... the action seemed to start developing behind them. Also there is a picture of... Aqua I belive that instead of moving to a corner of the screen, it flattens
noobo already mentioned the passability issues... they are on the first map you can control the little girl... between the guards at the lower part of the map
..... and after the girl summons the creature and the picture of Aqua appears the demo seemed to stop.... was that the end?

Hmm, no not there. I'll have to check and see. Oh...does it fade to black? I think you just push the action button, I may have forgotten to make the player not move and you might have moved away from the event >.<

The problem with starting in the middle instead of the begining is being thrown in an unfamilar world already established by the main character's past interaction. Maybe I should start a demo there? I just wanted to pick a place that showed off a few of the flashbacks.

EDIT: @Avadan
Is the picture when he's doing a Nanite Memory Link? The eyes close yadda yadda. I kinda wanted it to do that then, if not then no that wasn't my intent.

kiearaphoenix":1q5yxu62 said:
EDIT: @Avadan
Is the picture when he's doing a Nanite Memory Link? The eyes close yadda yadda. I kinda wanted it to do that then, if not then no that wasn't my intent.

thats the one ;D

Played it a second time and got through w00t!
Still think that some things are going to fast.... or maybe I am a bit slow XP

you might want to disable menu at the intro
.... and I curse that chest at the second floor!!

Nah, there's a possibility I'm going too fast. Still newbish to the whole storytelling via the RPG maker experience. I'll have to learn to pace a bit more slowly and not give the player so much information. It could be the fact that it's chapter 2 and you can't really connect with some of the charecters that the main chara already knows.

Although finding the balance for the world that they are contained in, is really hard to describe since it's not your typical fantasy nor sci fi RPG. I wanted things to happen or be there for a reason, no "magic" or even abilities without being able to make it somewhat feasible that it could happen in this setting.

Of course I could be wrong, and this could have been done before...>.>...

Well.... I think this is one of the few projects on the forum that could really be called original... from the story to the graphics.... even the art style has something fresh.

And about the storytelling rhythm... you could take some distance from the game... a few days and then play it, see if it is fluent
I remember my first demo took my like 4 month and you could finish it in half an hour XP

The battle was a bit laggy.... but that could have been my computer... I get lag even by playing minesweeper

@Avadan
No I don't think it's your computer, I was having the same problem and I at first thought it was just my computer. It could be trying to use common events, which I find always seem to do this in a battle for me anyways. I didn't go beyond the "Bounty Capture" option, because I couldn't get around it, and had to delete a lot of the different attacks. (tis why some are at zero, that and some need to be learned/ expanded on at the University on Level 2, which isn't in the demo)

*Sigh* I'll have to commision a script. The thing is my idea is rather complex, or so I was told in the past. I wanted to have some of the armor and weapons be co-dependent with the wearer. Kinda like a symbotic relationship since some of the armor and weapons are "semi-intellegent" or at least living. So it would damage or be less effective for the wearer if it isn't kept "happy" or at least in working condition. (had a whole lot of items that would work with this, synthetic sunlight for plant based, etc.) Also wanted to have your party members react the same way depending on if they liked you or not. I.E. if your a jerk to one of them or to a friend or they see something they don't like, they'd perform with less accuracy. Or sometimes getting someone upset would make them go Berserker and take out a bunch of "enemies" I think it'd open a lot of different options for the player and how he reacts to those on the team and vice versa. Ah well, one day. ^^;

EDIT: Did anyone make it to the scrolling credits yet?
Just want some opinons on the Intro and Credits animations (allll using pictures) 50 is the max per map I've found out ^^;

After I get the license... I dont know were to go... and I cant return to the floor were you start.... floor "M"?

Love all the detail in the tileset and the interaction with everything on it

Thankyou much!^^
You just cancel, the er...0 on your keyboard/ B button or is it the A button? It should give you the choice to return to main after that. I think the secretary explained as such, I'll double check ^^;

Looks like the event were "Aqua" is talking to "Merrik" and "Isolde", was left at autostart, when I go inside the building thats up from the sign "skymall" the conversation they have starts again and the character ends up getting stuck

URK! -_-; The inn? Must've not done a self switch A to turn it off. Well, if there are any other bugs you come across let me know so I can fix them and do a fixed demo. Thanks for pointing them out to me!

EDIT: Save often please ! If anyone else notices something I left untied or closed, please notify me. (don't be scared, I don't bite....a lot) I don't want to have to keep posting "fixed" demos and then find that I have to make a whole bunch more. ^^; Soooo go crazy and do a bunch of exploring and things that might make it go buggy. ^_~

EDIT2: @Avadan: What's the difference between autostart and parellel process? Does it work better or something?

Autorun starts at the moment the event appear or is activated (by switch or other) you cant move the character during this process. The autorun will continue to loop unless you teleport to another map or you deactivate it(turning off the switch)

Parellel process starts the action of the event but you can move freely because its configured to run parallel to other events running at the same time.

Each of them work for a different objective.

Just out of curiosity... to find Merrik you dont have to do something at the Inn.... right?

Holy Crackers! Seriously, that'd make my cut scenes so much easier >.< Here I was having to set move route "move toward hero" at the end of each character move route and then couldn't do ANY wait for move completions during the event because it would always wait for the "move toward hero" to complete but couldn't because of the paradoxity(not even a word?) of it all! Instead I had to measure how long it took for each event completion and set the wait time for it... then end it with move towards hero.......*feels like a major Noob right about now*-_-;

Nope not at all, only thing in the hotel that's kinda nice is the cooking ability in the kitchen and perhaps some extra items, that and it's how you get behind to the other park...ah well, it'll be fixed after a few more bugs being pointed out>

HINT! Don't look if you want to figure it out for yourself!
Talk to one of the dancer girls in the mall she'll give a hint

Bigger Hint:
Search in the hallway to the south of the mall where everyone is standing in line to get in.

Just tried to play this game.  After the overly long intro with all the pictures, it goes to the map, and at first text box:
Script 'Advanced Message' line 660: RGSSError occurred
failed to create bitmap

Game closes.

Any idea why it doesn't work?

Also, you should edit your first post to include updated info (like the demo).

Er...no, sadly like water and oil, me and scripting don't mix. As for updating first post, kinda forgot about that ^^; Shall do. You are the first who has this problem, well, at least the first to point it out to me. Try again?

EDIT; Overly long? Well, can't please everyone I guess, I was going for an intro splash of characters in a slightly artistic way. Guess some rather have you start right out eh?

I didn't want to try for a 3rd time, but I found that font you posted.  After installing that, it looks like it doesn't crash.
Never seen a missing font crash a game, but apparently that's what it was.
Looks like it works now.
I'll play it later and give some feedback.

Ahg! Why did it have to end?!

Aside from the already mentioned bugs.... The game is awsome, the ambient is so diferent from other projects that playing it is refreshing.

At the end I got fond of the battle system.... waiting for the right moment to do that scan thing, It was a bit laggy at some times but that was bareble... though maybe you should lower the battlers... they seem to take to much space from the battle screen.

The credit sequence is excelent!... the art direction of the game is gorgeous
however the music theme for the ending was a little weak in comparation with all other stuff
If you hadded the characters facing left or right with  the stop animation on and some smooth music it whould look like an anime ending XD

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.