Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Aqua'os: Tears of the Ocean

Dead content awaiting restoration.

Seer

I really like the look of your game, character design and spriting are superb. The story is looking good too. :)

I'll try to construct some Icons for you, no promises though. ;)

Kiaera, I love your art style! It's very unique amongst the many manga/anime style artists in these forums(I'm not hating, I use that style too.). I'd have to say that I like the first one best, because I love the way her hair looks underwater. How far along on this are you? Close to a demo I hope? :D

Thankyous^^
A demo is in the works, actually it was finished but I found a bunch a bugs..not too mention that having a common event during battle makes it lag like crazy...have to fix it..

but got tired of working on that part so I did some artwork instead. I think I'm on a game-making-poster roll..

I may even offer to do one for at least one character that inspires my interst of the other games here as fanart... Just sooo many good ones to choose from ^^; Any suggestions out there?

Are you saying that you'd like to make fan art for some of the games here on .ORG? If that's the case, you should try Cade Mistral/Shroud from Volrath and Artbane's Master of the Wind. That'd look neat. ^_^

kiearaphoenix;310491":hj2csfoq said:
I may even offer to do one for at least one character that inspires my interst of the other games here as fanart... Just sooo many good ones to choose from ^^; Any suggestions out there?

Hah well I'd love to pimp my game (see link in sig), don't know if you've played it yet or not, but of course you should probably do fanart for a game you enjoy...

Still looking forward to your next release!

Diedrupo;311841 said:
Hah well I'd love to pimp my game (see link in sig), don't know if you've played it yet or not, but of course you should probably do fanart for a game you enjoy...

Still looking forward to your next release!
The artist you have IMHO is waaaay better than the stuff I do >.<;

noobo;312214 said:
This is looking good!
Love the art!
Good luck with your project, kiearaphoenix.

Thankies and same back to you.

this project stil going on its looking better each time i see it it keeps on improving i love ur graphics of the mapping n ur pics are cool.

Hmm, weeeelll looks like I need to update this thread...only have a piece of eyecandy for now. Revamped the characters, using the comp. to color instead of neopiko markers, so it'd be more cohesive and uniform with what I have as of yet.

the group of characters from left to right
Princess Taelia, Lady Isolde, Aqua, Princess Katra, Lord Merrik Lupus Lune, and last but not least Rowen.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225 ... sGroup.png[/img]
first one is colored in, next two are only line art as of yet and the last three are only in design pencil sketch phase.

Annnd a close up of the finished Taelia

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225 ... attler.png[/img]

Thanks, That's part of my problem though. I have a demo ready, I got the art aspect and the story down. But bells and whistles, like a diff. battle system and minigames...not so much.

OMgosh! *tries to hold back a squeal* Kidd! I haven't seen you, forever! ^^ just go ahead a brighten up my week.

I think I'll just release a "demo" demo, with the understanding that there are placeholders till I finish working on things, so people can get a feel what it's going to look like at the very least. Not to mention for feedback on what I need to work vastly on ^^; (Annnd because I don't know how much more paitent I can expect people to be, seeing as how I didn't put out the last one because of script conflicts >.> sorry....for those who waited.)

thanks. Sorry its taking so long to respond. My  I NET is down, so gotta use my cell. Bright side, demo w\o bells & stuff will be done in a few weeks. Beta testers stand by!

Yay! Finally a demo/sample!!

First off some history about trying to get this thing out.
First "official" demo and game using RMXP. Really it's the second, but the real first was when I first got the dang program and I thought it was a requirement to have one in order to post. So it was crap and hastily pulled together.
Then stupid me thought I could do scripts, and screwed up the next release because I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. heh.

Also, I'm afraid that most of my beta testers seem to be elsewhere, so bear with me. I did the betatesting myself ^^; and that means that I might have missed some bugs. This demo mainly shows the artistic vision I have for the game and the Literary aspects.

The battle system as I said needs work, because I'm by myself and can't find a script that I'd like to use, I hadto do it with events. Which means, there is a possibility battles will LAG. They aren't random, so I suppose you could just avoid them. I didn't go all into it because well like scripting, eventing is the bane of my existance. >.<;

EDIT: Things not made by myself, i.e. Icons...some Characters, are placeholders until I get back into wanting to do pixel oriented things again.

Okay here are the links
for you rapidshare people.
http://rapidshare.com/files/81297474/Aq ... o.exe.html

Megaupload yay!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JZDHZ0OR

This is the font I've used, Dauphin it's called. I think you install this on your comp>.>
Correct me if I'm wrong someone.
Dauphin font

So, information about it.

It happens Mid chapter 2 and focuses mainly on part of Taelia's story.
Each chapter has a section on the main characters background and/or memory.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rambling continues inside.
I encourage you to explore as much as possible, get items, look at things, etc.
spoilers below
-bugs I've not worked out, game point system. You can play the two mini games available
but don't get upset if you can't get any prizes
-Only in this demo will you be able to obtain some of the weapons by well, exploring something
enough, You'd get to see the weapon designs, but no descriptions yet. I'm doing a lot of research into weapon
design at the moment so I've not really written descriptions for them and the Armor.

EDIT Same with Races, if you find where you can see the information only "A" is covered, the next few pages are blank.

-to see descriptions of items and the weapons, all you have to do is press SHIFT in the item section of the menu(the one script splicing/modification I did that didn't go wrong)

-for you sciecne geeks out there---if there are some science-y facts I might have gotten wrong..enlighten me ^^ I'm doing as much research as I can and I've tried to not come off too technical, so I may have explained some stuff wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshots: Check first post ^^;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I want, nay desire deeply, feedback: how else will I improve or get better? However what I want is substance.

Bad Idea
[Positive]
OMG!!! UR GAME PAWNZ!!!! I want your stuff! (not that it'll be that good to anyone)

My retort would be along the lines of "Um...no. And, could you tell me why you think it's good?"

[Negative]
-UR GAME SUX0rz!!!
-Ur Anatomy Sux!

My retort would be, "Yeah, and likewise to your english/ grammar."

Good Idea
[Positive]
I really like the graphics in the ________. Particularly the one in the cutscene________.

[Negative]
-You tend to have a lot of grammatical mistakes, specifically the one where______ is talking to_____.

-I don't like your graphical style, because, it's anime-wannabe, however I can see where you are going with this.
You need to work on your eyes a bit more though because they are spaced too close.

Or

-You like to use a lot of words, cut down on some of them. For instance______is unneccesary, redundant, etc.<---Is actually a problem some might point out. I do love my words, sadly spelling and grammar tend to not love me back as much.

If you do a couple of paragraphs that help me out fine tune my demo, I will love ya deeply madly truely!
coughLuminercoughcountingonyoucough

To those types of responses, I'd be very thankful!

--------------------------------------------------------------
So if you have comments (positve and negative or both)
concerns (even of my sanity)
and or questions (i.e. How did you do...or why did you do...or why is charactersuch and such a...)
I welcome them!

Enjoy^^

EDIT: Barring complete crashes or shutdown (I don't think there are any of those type of bugs there.) The demo ends
with a credit scroll.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.