Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Apocowlypse

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Thanks for the enthusiasm everyone. :)

I am very sick at the moment, so I can't really work much on the game, but here's a mediafire version for you hima ^^ (it's soooo slow to upload... and it asks me to verify it right after =x)

http://www.mediafire.com/?9i2g1scmewd

I should warn you it is only a very small 'tech demo' of a couple rooms... I will update with some screenshots soon hopefully ;)

lol Mr. Shoopy...

Anyway I tried the demo and got stuck here
What do you do after you got the screwdriver!? :'(

There are some minor problems like when you use an item in front of the spot that you can examine, right after you use the item it'll examine that spot automatically. I think it's because you press enter to skip or close the first message window from using item and then it counts that as pressing to examine the spot in front of you as well. Although it's not that annoying, it'll be great if you can fix that :)

Another point is when you press shift to run and if you examine something, the time still count while the message window is showing. I don't know if this is your intention or not though, but I thought the stamina time should stop and continue counting down again once the message window is closed. Also, if you press shift and run to the other room, it'll automatically change you to the normal walking mode, thus there isn't a drawback slow walk mode after that. You can probably keep this for the game tip or something :P

hima;286001 said:
lol Mr. Shoopy...

Anyway I tried the demo and got stuck here
What do you do after you got the screwdriver!? :'(

There are some minor problems like when you use an item in front of the spot that you can examine, right after you use the item it'll examine that spot automatically. I think it's because you press enter to skip or close the first message window from using item and then it counts that as pressing to examine the spot in front of you as well. Although it's not that annoying, it'll be great if you can fix that :)

Another point is when you press shift to run and if you examine something, the time still count while the message window is showing. I don't know if this is your intention or not though, but I thought the stamina time should stop and continue counting down again once the message window is closed. Also, if you press shift and run to the other room, it'll automatically change you to the normal walking mode, thus there isn't a drawback slow walk mode after that. You can probably keep this for the game tip or something :P

Go to the small room (after you push the pink rock down, the statue in the room before will move one tile down also and you can pick up a grey key where the statue used to be) and open the explosives box. After that you can
blow up the black rock and end the demo

I'll try to fix the use and examine thing, shouldn't be too hard.

As for running and examining, I think I'll leave it like that. Never really gave it much thought.

And the "dash to the other room" is a feature. :) You'll need to master it if you want to play in Hard Mode

Thanks a lot for the criticism though. Really appreciated. :D

Something's wrong with the font....It doesn't show up! Do I need to download it....? I couldn't find a link :( I really want to play this!

thanks so much!

I must be dense or something....i can't even do the first room ;______;

EDIT: nevermind got it :P Didn't see the extra row of tiles on the bottom side of the room.

EDIT2: also, i'm getting a weird error. Whenever I have the urgency meter up and I do anything in the main menu (equip a weapon or save), the meter disappears once i close the menu. But then, when I press ALT to open the meter, i get an error and the game shuts down.

I get the same error :S

Great game, it was fun! But why is it "Apocowlypse"? Where's the cows?!?!
And please, please can you tell me how you made the sliding blocks puzzle!

@Farore:
Don't worry. The puzzles are hard. I was planning on making a "Hint" button for when you're stuck, but need to actually finish the game first. =x

@uroron
This is just a demo. The Cow is actually the end boss. Glad you liked it though. :)

The sliding blocks is quite easy... I believe aleworks had a push events script around somewhere, but if you want to event it, just have a parallel process checking the coordinates of your blocks and when they are met, a switch is turned on (you can do this by setting variables to the sliding event's X and Y map coordinates. It gets real messy real fast though if you're using over 3 or 4 sliding events).

As for the error, I'll try replicating/fixing it.

Thanks for the input :)

What are you talking about? The push events script or my game?

I didn't use any scripts from other people apart from ccoa's UMS... everything is evented (except for the urgency meter)

I did tell you how to event sliding blocks in my previous post though =x

Hevendor;291050 said:
What are you talking about? The push events script or my game?

I didn't use any scripts from other people apart from ccoa's UMS... everything is evented (except for the urgency meter)

I did tell you how to event sliding blocks in my previous post though =x

Mmyeah, it works now, thanks a lot!

Can't wait for the full game to be out! Haven't seen a solid puzzle game in RPG maker for a long time.

Hevendor;285549 said:
The whole game isn't serious :p

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9502/shoopy1tz0.png[/IMG]

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/9/9 ... fd3498.png[/IMG]

He's charging his lasers... you'd think I could be a wee bit more subtle with the reference, no?

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9934/shoopy3ro9.png[/IMG]

It looks (sounds?) much better with sound effects. :)

please tell me you'll have a nice sound effect of "I'm chargin mah lasah" for this boss.

Also shame on you. 4chan is evil.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.