Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

American Contracts

OS

Sponsor

Vincent was walking down an alley way. Light was filtering through the windows on either side, and the moon high above set a blue-silver tint to everything. Vincent was holding a knife, six inches long, five inches of blood on it. He raised it in front of his face, then dropped it to the ground, watching it melt into the shape of his latest victims, an older woman and her son, and turned around to go back from where he had come. All of a sudden, a black cat dropped down in front of him, and began to cry a sorrowful tune. The cat was soon joined by another cat, this one a tabby, and then another, and another, and before long, a hundred cats blocked the alley way, echoing loudly the same sad song.

Vincent jerked awake. His cell phone's ring tone, a sad musical piece written by some famous French conductor, was playing loudly. He pulled the phone out of his pocket and flipped it open.

"This is Vincent," he said quietly. He was tired, and hoped that nothing had gone wrong, or worse, that Jason didn;t want to leave so late at night.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"Hey Captain Predictable, it's Jason. You owe me $200 so I can repair the balcony you damaged with your 'escape attempt', as if I was actually keeping you as a prisoner. You do realize that if you had walked out like a normal person, no one would have tried to stop you, right?" Jason explains, talking over any of Ryan's attempts to talk. During the time he called Ryan, he had taken an elevator to the cafeteria and gotten a toaster-oven Calzone.

"Oh, and for the record, you're going to the wrong place. First area is Vladivostok, not Roppongi. And, with your current absence, you'll have to hear the the rest of the briefing on tape," Jason finishes. Some movement in the dark areas of the kitchen catch his eye, but he ignores it. He sees nothing as he looks back one more time, then he takes his Toasted Calzone back up to his room.

Meanwhile...

Neil(Ring Name is Jack) is talking to Vince on the phone.

"It's Neil. You can call me Jack if you want. Ryan apparently thought he was trapped here and 'escaped', leaving a note saying that he was going to Roppongi. You had to have heard that bike of his. It's in serious need of repair, as a normal bike in good condition should never be able to get that loud. But that's a discussion for another time. If you want to talk to Jason, his cell number is 372-1408. I'd recommend this." Jack says, then hangs up.

OS

Sponsor

Vincent listened to Jack as he spoke, rapid but coherent. After Jack hung up the phone, Vincent dialed the number Jack had told him, and waited for Jason to pick up.

While he waited, Vincent thought about Ryan's 'escape.' Americans... Vincent thought malevolently.

Kraft

Sponsor

"You told me were meeting at the tower." Said Ryan, after the Jason quit talking. "I can meet you somewhere else if you want, just tell me where." He finished, putting the darts into a holder on his bike.

The bike was a large road motorbike, about 4 feet longer than the commercial racing bikes, and with much wider tires. He had built it himself, and it was capable of reaching speeds in excess of 200 miles per hour. In addition were many features and gadgets that he had added onto it, which included several weapons on the front as well as several hand-held weapons which included several lethal-looking blades, a RPG launcher, a Piton gun, and a hand-held gattling weapon. These were all easily reachable from the drivers seat, and could be used while driving.

After listening to Jason for another minute, he remarked "I dont see whats wrong with how I do things." Another pause while Jason continued with his tyrade. "Uh huh, well Bite me then." He had to hold the phone away from his ear as the remark came through the phone. "Just tell me where and when and I will be there." he said while Jason was taking a breath.
He pulled out a pen and jotted down a few notes on a notepad. "Fine" he said, before hanging up the phone.

"Damn Jason, always whining about something or another." he said to himself, walking over to his computer to check several contacts, as well as the Americas Most Wanted top ten.
Looking down at his watch, he then proceeded to memorize information on the most wanted list. After this assignment, he was going to go after several of them on the list...

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"Vince, it's Jason. So, I just talked to Ryan, and he gave me a mouthful of attitude. I'm sure Jack told you about his 'escape attempt'. Can you believe it? Was he just trying to be cool(Emphasis on Trying, as I will always be cooler than him), or did he honestly think he was trapped here?" Jason says, venting.

"The thing now is that I honestly believe that he's going to attempt the Vladivostok area by himself, which means that we'll have to go to Vladivostok early. We'll have to borrow a few members of my other team, as I didn't get the response I expected. Meet me in my room by taking the elevator in your room to the top. My room is the only door on the level. God this sucks." Jason says. He finishes his Calzone, then starts to get ready. He puts his favorite pair of pants on(Green jeans with red Zebra stripes), and a dark red tank top on. He then looks out the window, and sees something moving. He ignores it, and continues getting ready.

Kraft

Sponsor

"Heh" said Ryan to himself after watching Jasons chat with Vince on his computer. "I wonder if he knows that the reason I found the box on his security system was because I was placing my own..."
Switching channels, he switched the camera from room to room, following Jason as he went.
"Probably not, there is no way he could find it. Plus he is probably just to full of himself to realize that he isnt all he thinks he is."

"And what the heck are they talking about the 'escape attempt'? Dont they know what an attempt is? It means that it didnt succeed!" He said to himself, laughing at another one of Jasons mistakes.

"Aww well... If this continues like this I am going to just bag the thing... the only reason I am doing this is because I thought it would be a little more fun than the things that I usually end up doing..." he thought th himself as he got up and walked over to the fridge.

Grabbing a Gatorade from the fridge, he slowly walks back over to the computer, looking around at his house as he went. He liked the house. Well he should, he built it several years ago. It sat atop a hill overlooking a large town. It was the only house within several miles, and the estate covered more than 10 square miles.

Sitting down at the computer again, he lazily switched through the security cameras again, pausing here and there when something of interest caught his eye. He was about to call it quits for the night when he switched to a particular camera which showed the southern side of the estate from a weather-proof camera on the roof. He sat up, all traces of sleep gone from his system as he realized what he was seeing. Hurriedly, he pulled out his cell phone and dialed in Jason's Personal Cell number.

"Jason!" he yelled into the phone when it was answered, "Get away from your window!"

"Look, I have no time to explain, just go and look at security camera R-17b!... Do it now, Dont argue!" he yelled into the phone, closing it and returning it to his pocket.

Standing up, he looked one more time at what was happening on the screen, and wondered if they could handle it themselves..."

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

Jason is walking over to the mini-fridge opposite to the window to grab a Jason #4(A Jason Reinaus Energy Drink) when Ryan called. His phone plays 'Harvester of Sorrow' as his ring tone. He answers it, then quickly hangs up when Ryan finishes talking.

Why the hell does he care about my window?, Jason thinks to himself. At that moment, the window shatters outward, and two men in black full-body suits of sorts epic roll through the shattered window, swords held out. They're wearing a full-face mask with goggles on it, which adjust themselves.

"Oh my god! It's the Blade 2 stunt doubles! Where's Wesley Snipes when you need him?" He says to himself.

He dials Vince's phone number. The Blade 2 Stunt Doubles(A.K.A. Ninjas) just stand there with swords held out with one arm, failing at looking menacing.

"Hey Vince. You might want to watch out. There are these ninja-dudes that have just broken into my room. There might be more. Come up to my room, and help me show these fools that I am a badass and they are not. I want to see the way you fight." Jason says. He hangs up.

OS

Sponsor

Vincent thought about what he had just heard Jason say, placing his phone in his pocket. He got up and looked out of the door to his room. There was no one in the hall way. Vincent walked out into the hall and towards the front of the building.

I don't even know where Jason's room is, Vincent thought coldly. If this was a joke, Vincent would kill Jason. Plain and Simple. But if not, he would get some exercise. Vincent walked through the halls for a few minutes, not encountering anything but a solemn mouse scurrying along the hall.

Finally Vincent heard a noise from the room to his left; he stepped up to the door and listened carefully. It was the sound of a struggle. That's all Vincent could recognize before the door banged loudly, and Vincent heard a thud. He forced the door open to find a black-clothed person lying in front of the door.

Vincent looked into the room. Jason was there standing in front of another man in black.

"Am I late," Vincent said, somewhat disappointed.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

OOC: Here's a couple of videos of the spear in case you don't know what it looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYZVqrreyLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0hLVGoA7A8
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Probably." He says to Vince. "The other guy just...fell over for some reason. Might be my fault. Who knows?"

"Jason. Hello. We would like to talk to you for a moment of your time." One of the ninjas/stunt doubles says.

"Alright. I'll give you a moment." Jason says.

"We have a deal for you and your newly hired mercenaries." The downed infiltrator says with a curt voice.

"And you're done." Jason says dryly.

"What?" The perplexed downed Ninja says while standing up.

"I said I'd give you a moment. You'll find that I'm being quite literal today. Why, you ask? Because you pissed me off on Calzone Day. Anger makes the calzones taste like Laundry Detergent and Diet Dr. Pepper. Plus, I'm drunk. That alone makes me feel pissed off until I'm no longer drunk."

"So, are you saying that you won't even listen to our offer?" The un-grounded ninja says angrily?

"Yep." Jason says with a smile. "Can you believe that they'd try to get me on their side Vince?" Jason says with a laugh.

Jason's laughter is cut short, however, as the formerly-downed infiltrator picks up his sword, and attempts to bisect Jason. Jason spears(A Diving Shoulder Block Tackle) him mid-slash, causing him to tumble into some cabinets. Jason picks up the sword and throws it out the window. It lands on the grass. The startled fighter kips-up and approaches Jason apprehensively. He does a roundhouse kick, knocking Jason back. Jason retaliates with a superkick(A high Side-thrust kick), knocking him out cold. The other ninja attempt to attack Jason with the sword, but he blocks it, grabs the ninja by the head, and throws him in Vincent's direction.

"You're up." Jason says. Right then, three more of them come through the window.

OS

Sponsor

Vincent socked the ninja in his face, a crunch sounding from the point of impact. Vincent kicked the now-screaming man in the stomach, and he fell over.

Vincent lunged at the nearest of the newcomers, grabbing the man's head and twisting hard. He was knocked aside by the next ninja, but rolled backwards into the wall. He lifted his hand into the air and popped his knuckles, created a fist, then launched at the man again...

Kraft

Sponsor

Ryan sat there at his computer watching the drama as it played out. He had configured one of the perimeter cameras to turn inward so that he could view the scene through Jasons Window.

"Aww no...." he said to himself, after listening to Jason drop one of the most cliche lines that anyone could ever say. "Seriously, that guy... well, nevermind..." he said, watching Vincent punch one of the guys in the face.

"Well, they look like they would of put up more of a fight... seriously, they are both a bunch of clutzes!" he said, as he watched the fighting.

Standing up, Ryan walked over to his kitchen to cook something, he had to do something other than watch what was happening at the Estate.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

A third ninja lunges at Jason, sword held high. Jason catches him in mid-air with one hand, on the throat. The infiltrator drops his sword.

"You know Vincent, they probably could have sent us less cliched enemies, couldn't they have?" Jason says.

He picks up the Blade 2 Stunt Double he caught by the throat, lifts him up, and slams him hard on the ground(Chokeslam). The ninja attempts to sit-up, then passes out. Jason picks up a steel chair he has in the corner(He only lets his friends sit on his couch or his La-Z-Boy), and throws it at another fighter. The fighter catches it, then Jason does a jumping spinning heel kick to the chair(Van Damninator), causing the chair to hit the infiltrator and knock him out.

"Straight from ECW!" Jason says, while turning and looking towards the camera that Ryan was looking at. He winks at the camera. "Too cliche for you?"

A third fighter comes up to Jason sword-a-swingin'. Jason weaves in and out, dodging shots and waiting for his oppurtunity. He backflip-kicks the sword out of the enemy's hand, then proceeds to do a DX-style crotch chop to anger his opponent. The attempt succeeds, as the fighter rushes toward him in a manner unlike most badass ninjas. Jason kicks him in the gut, and lifts him up for a Suplex. When he starts to drop down for the suplex, he twists in mid-air, delivering the Jackhammer.

"Man, I'm such a badass. Let's see how much of a badass you are Vince." Jason says. He kicks another enemy in the gut and throws him Vince's way. He then takes another who has rushed at Loco and also throws it Vince's way. Jason gives a thumbs-up to the camera.

Kraft

Sponsor

OOC;

Well I guess you didnt read the details concerening the camera.

The camera is a grounds camera, a long ways away OUTSIDE the house in the perimeter fence. And how do you (jason) know that I am watching you, or even what Camera? I never said that...

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

OOC: He knows that Ryan's watching him because you implied it in that call, when you told him to look through a camera. He's just looking at the camera that Ryan told him to look through when Ryan called, namely the R-17b camera as you put it. He's sure of himself though, hence the reason I didn't write "The camera he thinks Ryan is Looking through". It can also be deduced that Ryan can see him doing all of these taunts since he can see all of the hardkored action in Jason's room, so distance doesn't matter. And respond to this in the OOC Topic.

"Vince, what are you waiting for?" Jason remarks. One more ninja comes through the window. Fed-up, he quick-draws a Walker Colt and shoots him, and fans two more shots at the other enemies, killing them. This is the last of the enemies that have come through the window.

"Thank you Vince." Jason says. "Alright, let's get ready. We're heading to Vladivostok now. Do need anything to do before we go? I have an assload of equipment, and I mean an assload. Almost anything you'd ever need."

Jason walks into the open elevator, and waits for Vince.

OS

Sponsor

Vincent followed Jason into the elevator. "Show me what you have, and I'll tell you if there is anything I need."

OOC: Sorry, been busy.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

While on the elevator...

"Oh, Vince, for the record, it is safe to assume right now that Ryan is watching us through my security cameras," Jason says, looking at the camera in the elevator. He whips out a Walker Colt and shoots it.

"Yeah, I kinda deduced that he was fooling around with my system when he pointed out the other black box on my system. It's also stands to reason that, since he told me to look through the camera to spot the ninjors, he could also see through that camera and others as well." Jason continues.

The elevator goes down three floors while he's talking(It's three levels underground, and it's a slow elevator).

"Yes, I'd be slightly more angry if I gave two shits about my outside security system." Says Jason with a chuckle.

"The real sensitive places, like the armory, sensitive storage areas, research lab, test chambers, and my video game stash have their own security system, completely cut-off from the other one, hidden somewhere else. You wouldn't get two steps in there without me coming up and shoving my foot up your ass, even if you did find it." Jason finishes. The elevator door opens, revealing an extensive armory with all sorts of weapons, gadgets, gear, and a small coffee maker.

"Wow. Convenient timing. So, take your pick of whatever. I don't care, most of it's stolen from terrorists, drug lords, evil crime lords, and children." Jason says. "Also, what do you think of the whole Ryan situation we have going for us? Think he's going to slip us a mickey?"

Kraft

Sponsor

Sitting back down in his desk chair, Ryan pulled up some more of the security cameras again. He watched as then entered into the elevator, and was about ready to switch cameras when he saw Jason pull out his pistol and shoot the camera he was watching through. The screen went fuzzy and gray until Ryan switched the cameras back to the main floor.

"Thats odd... where are the going?" he thought to himself, as he scrolled through all the cameras. There is nothing on that floor... hmm, that is very odd...

Pulling up google, Ryan searched for information about the estate and finds that that it was built in the late 19th century, but has recently been extensively remodeled. He finds the company that remodeled the house, one Antek Co. from Chicago. A quick search through their database later, and Ryan finds what he is looking for.

"Hah! man, this is just too easy... he really doesnt know what he is doing..." he said to himself, thinking of his own house and grounds. Right after the construction was completed, he broke into the city hall and stole the only blueprints to the house, and destroyed any evidence that had anything to do with his house and land.

Saving the files to his JA, a small device that resembled a cell phone, except for the fact that it had wireless internet, a keycode scanner/hacker, several automated lockpicks, and was a fully equipped personal computer. The device was about the size of a deck of cards, only about 2 inches longer, and was kept in his side pocket, just under where a shoulder holster would go.

He had to decide... should he go to the Estate again and break in, just to see their reactions and to then be with them, or should I continue with the previous plan and head out for Vladivostok in a few hours...

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

OOC: Seriously, there is a wrestler named Kenta Kobashi in real life. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

OOC: Videos that Jason sends, in order of appearance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSCFPQ2HPWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMiwuJrZhqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JRDTSogYeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3iU5dQRX58

In the last three, skip the first five seconds or so. Past the super-fast intro.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, and if you were wondering Vince, there is nothing that would assist a would-be infiltrator in getting inside my house. I planted false information on the internet about the company that "remodeled" it, which is called Antek Co. It's an anagram of Kenta, or Kenta Kobashi, one of my best friends in the wrestling business. We used to tear it up in Japan back in the day." Jason says, flashing back to a match he had with Kenta at the Tokyo Dome.

He turns in the opposite direction.

"Convenient dialog kids! It's not just for Matrix movies anymore!" Jason says, pointing at the camera that the audience is watching through(Don't pay much attention to this).

All of a sudden, a big grin appears on Jason's face. He turns back to Vince.

"You know, I'm bored. I think it's time to play some mind_games with Ryan." Jason says, still smiling.

He goes over to a computer in the armory near where they're standing, and sits down at it. After two minutes on the computer, he sits back.

"Okay, I've decided the method I am going to play mind_games with Ryan. Simple really. I'm going to stream a video feed of a cryptic code through my security cameras, the same one Jericho used during his 2007_Return. This means that my cameras will be down for however long I feel like it, but it also guarantees that he'll see it, regardless of what he does. It will intercept the feed straight from each camera, and replace the camera feed with the videos before it hits the black box he planted, which I found in under thirty seconds. Shoddy work, man." Jason says.

"I've also added a little piece of code that will shutdown the black box, and replace each camera feed screen on his computer with these videos for an indefinite amount of time, depending on how much of a jackass I feel like being right now." Jason finishes. He punches a few more buttons, then leans back.

"There. No chance that this won't work." Jason says with confidence that he is right about what he said, as usual. Confidence that nothing will happen to interrupt these feeds, as the original feed is gone and replaced by the video he sent.

"So Vince, tell me about yourself." Jason asks.

OS

Sponsor

Vincent had simply looked around, staring at various weapons along counter tops and racks on the walls. He heard Jason mention something about messing with Ryan, but continued looking through the various weapons; an AK47, an Oozy (sp?), even an Odachi, 64 inches long and ready to taste blood. Vincent lifted the Odachi off the wall and swung it around for a second before sliding it into a nearby case and strapping to his back.

Jason asked Vincent something from across the room.

"What, about me? Hmmm..." Vincent thought for a second. "I like to play games." Vincent smiled absently, a look of nostalgia sinking into his face. He was remembering an early victim, running, screaming, kicking, all for not. She were not a very good challenge, but she lasted the longest of all Vincent's victims.

"Sorry," Vincent said, snapping back to his senses. "You have quite the selection, no?"

Vincent lifted a dark pistol from a chest in the corner, and pulled out the silencer.

Kraft

Sponsor

Ryan was currently working on his prized bike, which had a few scratches on it from hiding it by the estate. He liked to listen to music while he worked. Mostly Metal and fast rock, but also to Rock opera, for the instrumentals were amazing.

After finishing, he stands up and admires the bike, his pride and joy, one of his most prized possessions.

He had won the basic blueprints in a contest several months earlier, after he tracked down the target before anyone else had even left the building. All that was left to do then was fly to the location and pick they guy up.

It was one of a kind design, created by one of the more acclaimed bike designers ever.

Ryan had followed the basic design, although had added many features to it which he had thought up.

He had decided to ditch the idea of braking into the estate, and was preparing to leave for Vladivostok. He knew the city, he had been there on an assignment several years ago, back when he first started taking assignments from sources outside of the US.

He went to a room located in the basement of the house, which served as his armory.

Browsing through the various shelves, cabinets, and tables full of interesting equipment, he picked up various gadgets and ammunition and stowed them in compartments on his bike.

It took several trips to finally move everything that he thought he would possibly need to his bike, and he returned one final time to the armory.

On a worktable, in the center of the room was his other prized possession, The JR-30k.

<<Image placeholder here, I am drawing the gun at the moment ^_^>>

He picked it up from the table, its black finish glinting in the light.
The weapon was bulky, though surprisingly light. It had a even weight to it, one that said just from holding it that it was special.

It was special, firing 5mm FMJ bullets at a rate of 10 per second, it packed a punch that could rip through armored units, but was also fairly mobile.

At the moment, it was set to Single shot. Ryan didn't need to waste bullets.

Built into the rifle was a grenade launcher that could launch frag, smoke, and flash grenades as well as several other items.

The weapon was silenced, that was a given considering that it was mostly used for assassination. It also had a special sling, and was kept on his back when he was not using it.

There was no need to check the computer, for he was familiar with the area.

Making sure he had everything, he grabbed a donut from the fridge and walked over to the bike.

Opening the garage door, he took one last look around, and mounted the bike, riding out into the night.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.