Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

American Contracts

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

This is the main RP topic for American Contracts. Out of Character talk is specified by putting "OOC:" in front of all out of character talk.

The Sign-up topic is still open for anyone who wants to join in progress.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Perfect time to post opening posts.

Jason was getting into his late model, readying himself for a practice lap on the track, which is located in his large estate. His crew chief, Chris Hall, was getting ready to observe Jason's #4 car from his pit box. One of Jason's assistants run up to him as he's getting ready leave pit road.

"Jason, what should I do if any of the mercenaries arrive before you get your laps done." The assistant asks, somewhat nervous.

"Send them to my crew chief. He'll radio me then." He says.

"Yes sir." The assistant says, going back into Jason's mansion.

Jason puts his helmet on, and punches the radio button.

"Can you hear me?" He asks Chris over the radio. He responds with a yes. Now ready to go, he pulls out of pit lane and onto the track.

OS

Sponsor

Vincent d'Enfer looked up at the mansion as the cab left him behind. Vincent thought back to the E-Mail he received two days before, and he remembered wondering how this stranger knew how to contact him. It didn't really matter, at any rate. All that did matter was that there might be something worth doing here. With a mansion like this, there's bound to be some great work.

Vincent walked to the front gate and pushed with both hands. It didn't budge.

OOC: I assume this mansion is surrounded by a fence, and there is a gate. If I am wrong, I'll edit this post so that I go to the front door.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

OOC: No, you're right.

A jeep pulls up to the gate, and pushes a series of buttons on a keypad, opening the gate. Jason's assistant, Ron, steps out of the jeep as the gate opens.

"Ah, you're one of the mercenaries that Jason hired? Get in, I'll take you to him. He's currently doing practice laps on his private track right now, trying to figure out some racing stuff." Ron says.

Kraft

Sponsor

Code:
[B]OOC:[/B]  Keep talking... I do see these posts, but 
m waiting for the perfect entrance spot ^_^

I have one in mind, but I dont think I am allowed to 
say what the assistants and other people do... 
(ie, I am not running this thing ^_^)

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

OOC: You could always PM me with your ideas. We're writing this story/playing this RP together.

Jason continues circling the track.

"It's a bit loose when I enter the turns. I say we should change the toe by about a quarter-inch next time I pit, and add 6.025 wedge." Jason says over the radio. I wonder if anyone arrived yet., Jason wonders.

Kraft

Sponsor

OOC; So does that mean that basically... like, we are writing the story together? So I can invent/control other people as well, as well as, well... sometimes control your characters?

(example, I could make the people at the front gate enter the house?)

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

OOC: You may control minor characters.

The gate guards, seeing that no one else was coming, decided to enter the house mansion and make some food.

OS

Sponsor

OOC: Sorry, I been busy.

Vincent looked at the man closely with his good eye. He seemed trustworthy enough.

"Okay. He won't be long, will he?" Vincent asked as they moved towards the house.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

OOC: No problems. I've updated my character sheet somewhat.

"No, he won't. In fact, I'll radio his crew chief. He's running some laps to test things for racing." Ron says. He turns a dial on his radio.

"Hey Chris, one of the mercenaries has arrived. Get Jason off the track so I can bring him over." He says over the radio.

"Alright. I'll bring him in." Ron says over the radio.

"He's coming in to the pits now. I'll bring over to track here on this estate." Ron says.

Meanwhile, Chris radios Jason.

"Time to come in, one of those mercenaries has arrived." He says over the radio.

"Be in a bit." Jason says.

OS

Sponsor

Vincent listened to the man talk into the radio, but didn't hear anything worth noting. He stared up at the mansion once again, awestruck by the shear magnitude of the building and the architecture.

This guy must have done some really amazing work to make such money, Vincent thought.

Vincent stopped walking and pulled a cigarette from inside his coat. He pulled a small lighter from his pants pocket and lit the cigarette quickly.

"So," Vincent said loudly. "What is this man that wants to see me?" Vincent's accent was obviously foreign, but he spoke clearly.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

RP Fact #1: The entire Reinaus estate encompasses about ten miles of desert. It includes a 1.5 Mile Speedway(Stands and other buildings under construction), a mansion, a hanger, a large garage, a guard's quarters, and some barracks that are under construction for the strategic branch of American Contracts. Everything is sea level, except for the track, which is lower than the rest of the facilities.

RP Fact #2: The Mansion is a 10,000 square foot, 5 level Mediterranean-style home. It has an armory, a research lab, a weapons test lab, an extensive kitchen, large entertainment center, large computer room, a large meeting/briefing room, 10 bedrooms, and a garage to work on cars and store his favorite cars.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He's Jason Reinaus. Four-time NASCAR Champion, Multiple time
WWE and World Heavyweight champion in the WWE, former leader of the Black Ops., and a former winner of the Soldier of the Year award." Ron describes, still coming.

"We're coming up on the track now." He says, pointing to the 1.5 mile speedway behind the mansion.

"And look, there's Jason, not listening as usual." He says, pointing to Jason's #4 car still on the track. "He'll be off in a minute." He says, driving the jeep they're in toward the track.

OS

Sponsor

Vincent didn't pay much attention to wrestling or racing, so he still didn't know who exactly he was about to meet, but he was already at the estate; no point in backing out now.

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

Jason pulls his late model into the pit box(Finally, eh?), as the jeep with Vincent and Ron come cruising onto the track. The jeep turns, and cruises along the track toward the entrance to pit road.

"Hold on," Ron says as he drives to the entrance to pit road. He does a fast turn aroun, going on to pit lane. The jeep comes up to the pit box where Jason has his #4 car parked. Jason climbs out of his car, and approaches the jeep.

"Here we are. Jason, this is Scary Mercenary. Scary Mercenary, this is Jason Reinaus." Ron says.

"You're on of the mercenaries that got the E-Mail, I presume?" Jason says as he takes off his helmet. "I'm Jason. What's your name?"

OS

Sponsor

Vincent looked at the man before him. This is the man that wants to see me, eh? Vincent thought.

"I'm Vincent d'Enfer, though I assume you already know this. What I don't know," Vincent said, tossing his cigarette to the ground and stepping on it, "is how you got my E-Mail address, and why you want me here."

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

"How I got your E-Mail? I'm good at getting information. And when I say I'm good, I really mean that my technical assistant Tom Hall is good. I believe he got it while I was racing last year's Checker Auto Parts 500, so we've had the info for a few months," Jason says.

"The reason I asked you out here is that I have a mission for you, and any other mercenaries that decide to take part," He continues. "It pays well. We'll begin briefing when the other mercenaries arrive, inside the briefing room. It has a coffee machine in it," Jason finishes, fully climbing out of his race car.

OS

Sponsor

"Real coffee?" Vincent said without thinking. It'd been a long time since he had had a good cup of coffee from France; strong and hard, not like the stuff Americans had.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: I don't know what to do. When is Kraft getting here...

High Hopes

Awesome Bro

OOC: Soon, I hope.

OOC: Kraft, you're up. You couldn't get a more perfect time to post your intro.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Super real. So real, you'll think it wasn't real. Then you'll remark. 'Wow! It's so real, I thought it wasn't real.' Weird, ain't it?" Jason remarks.

"Oh, Chris, I check the gears on my racecar. I heard some weird sounds in the engine, and it sounded like a gearing issue." Jason says to Chris.

Kraft

Sponsor

OOC: Sorry, I was out of town for the last 5 days ^_^

I guess I will have to make quite an entrance ^_^
------------------

The lights suddenly all went out. The room was plunged into total darkness, except for the thin sliver of light from underneath the door, and a small flashing green light from the coffee maker.

The room was quite large. A with a 25 foot ceiling, the room was about 60 feet by 40 feet, and had several racing cars on display inside it. There was a metal catwalk that ran the perimeter of the room about halfway up the wall that had a staircase that lead up to it on the far side of the room.

In the total darkness, both men waited for their eyes to adjust.

Suddenly, the door leading outside opens up, throwing a bright shaft of light into the room. Silhouetted in the light was a large figure, powerfully built, with several packs as well as a pistol attached to his belt, and from what the men could see, a large rifle poking out from behind his shoulder.

The figure walks in, and closes the door behind him, throwing the room into darkness again.

Both men still didnt move. (OOC, Mostly because I cant make them do anything :()

Jason hears a cry and turns in the direction of Vincent.

Suddenly, the light comes back on, temporarily blinding Jason.

After Jason's eyes had adjusted, he saw Vincent standing a few feet from him, with a large black figure standing behind him, holding him in a choke hold with his left arm.

The man wasnt holding a weapon, but Jason knew he didnt need one to kill.

The man was holding a small object which resembled a detanator in his other hand, and as Jason watched, he raised it and clicked the switch.

The lights once again went off, and Jason heard Vincent gasp.

A moment later, the lights flared back on, and the black figure was gone.

Both men looked around for the intruder, but he was gone.

A clicking of a pistol being loaded caused both men to turn around, and looking up into the dark corner of the room, they saw the black figure sitting there like a spider waiting to spring, a long letal-looking silenced pistol pointing straight at Jason.

The figure looked at them, taking both men in as he thought. He then jumped down onto the table below. For such a large man, he made very little sound as he landed.

"I am Ryan" he replied, flipping his pistol around and holstering it. "You sent me an Email"

There, I hope this clears things up. I did not "godmod" your characters at all, I just preyed on them a little ^_^

I only made them do things that they would instinctivly do, such as closing their eyes because of the lights coming on and such. ^_^

Now it is your guyses turn! and dont forget... DETAILS!!! ;)

Kraft

Sponsor

Oh, from what I had read, I concluded that you were inside a building, talking about the coffee that you were making/drinking.

I read the whole thing, and that is what I got from it...
And since I thought you were in some sorta building... I decided to use my imagination and change it... But I guess it wasnt there to begin with... XD

Sorry, my mistake.

Also, about taking control of the characters... well, how can you not in a Roleplay?

I didnt do anything major, and I tried to keep it to a minimum...
I mean, if one of us were to say that we all walked to the manor house... wouldnt that be taking control of the characters?

It seems easier to me to say that we "all" walked into the house, rather than say that I walked into the house, and then Vincent walked into the house, and then wait for Jason to walk into the house... it just makes more sense. ^_^

Sorry, my mistake. I wont do it again. (hopefully ^_^)

I have never done a roleplay before besides Genocide, and that one it was okay to, say... tall what others did. I mean, I use that in my narrative... (example, I am sitting atop a tower, and I see "name here" run and take cover as the van explodes behind him.)

You get what I am trying to say I hope... ^_^

Again, sorry, but that was how I did my other roleplay, and well, to be honest, It makes it more interesting. ^_^ (more interesting than 7 two-liner posts...)

I mean, you can take control of me as well, make me walk places, do some things, but nothing major... I would like to do the major things. ^_^

Anyways... yeah...

Forgive me ^_^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.