Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ACTION-GAME-MAKER

ACTION GAME MAKER  :rock:

On its blog, Enterbrain has announced its newest game-making program. And the best part? It's not another fucking RPG Maker!
Make platformers, action-RPGs, shmups and more!
Japanese release date: December 12, 2008

Games can be ported to Xbox Live!

Announcement is here: click
AGM Page is here: click
English hype page: http://actiongamemaker.com

act001b.jpg

act002b.jpg

act003b.jpg

Let us pray for an English release (or a good illegal translation).  :angel:

Interesting. I have an idea for a action type game so I'll keep an eye out for this. I'll reserve judgment on till I see more of what it's capable of. I'm watching Stencyl too to see if it'll be viable. Guess I should take a peek at Game Maker as well since it was mentioned.

There's something interesting I've come across, it looks alot like AGM but it isn't ; Engine001

I haven't checked it out myself, but it seems like AGM got alot of its ideas from E001, so E001 might be worth at least checking out if you're itching to get an early feel of what AGM will be like thats probably the closest thing to AGM you can play around with. The website looks like its got alot of cool shit, but all the YouTube footage I tried to get on it sucks :/

Anybody making any early preperations for their AGM games? I've already started making custom tiles 'n shit for a game I'll probably be doing on there XD

I know gratheo already has a whole game planned out with concept sprites and everything :eek:

I know a few others with some large AGM plans too. While I don't really have any plans for it, I'm looking forward to the games made with it :)

Kain Nobel":1x372bvy said:
There's something interesting I've come across, it looks alot like AGM but it isn't ; Engine001

I haven't checked it out myself, but it seems like AGM got alot of its ideas from E001, so E001 might be worth at least checking out if you're itching to get an early feel of what AGM will be like thats probably the closest thing to AGM you can play around with. The website looks like its got alot of cool shit, but all the YouTube footage I tried to get on it sucks :/

Anybody making any early preperations for their AGM games? I've already started making custom tiles 'n shit for a game I'll probably be doing on there XD
i'm definitely looking into this. :}
thanks for the info man

i've already planned out a lot of things to be made in a 2d platforming environment. lots of sprites have been made, and dozens of lines of ideas in notepad

I was thinking of something, if AGM games can be ported to flash (.flv, .swf?) that means they can be played on XBox and on an internet browser. But, PS3 has Adobe Flash Player already installed on it, which means, in theory, that we probably could play our games on the PS3... Right?

If the Flash format of the game is like any other flash format, then I suppose any console that supports Flash can run AGM games.

there's a new flash file format, called "Adobe AIR", which is supported by multiple operating systems and is supposedly the standard in cross-platform (i.e. cell phone) flash tech. Maybe this uses AIR? If so it might be able to port to cell phones too.

Hmm interresting, I wasn't aware of that. As long as it is cross-plateform, I can go one with my next idea :)

Which is: If AGM has a script editor and is using Ruby, then there's probably a way to make a converter XP/VX to AGM. You make your game on RPG Maker then convert it so that it works on AGM. What's the point? Well, if everything works as well as this in real life, then we could port our XP/VX games to console.

Twirly

Sponsor

Venetia":36c5sruu said:
It'll probably just end up being an RMVX clone with some buggy physics you can implement and an even smaller and harder to customize RTP

just watch
No I don't think so.
Because it wouldn't have been delayed then...
EDIT:
Post 600 :P

Fayte

Sponsor

Dargor":1oarhzh9 said:
Hmm interresting, I wasn't aware of that. As long as it is cross-plateform, I can go one with my next idea :)

Which is: If AGM has a script editor and is using Ruby, then there's probably a way to make a converter XP/VX to AGM. You make your game on RPG Maker then convert it so that it works on AGM. What's the point? Well, if everything works as well as this in real life, then we could port our XP/VX games to console.

if that is really possible then im moving to japan for an early copy :fap:

Is there any more in-depth technical information on it? For instance, material details 'n the such? I wanna know if there is a preset tilesize (like 32x32) or perhaps if that is even user defined maybe? Other details about AGM vs RPGXP vs RPGVX; features, materials, programming language, etc is that all still a mystery? I mostly wanna know tile demensions, character demensions and perhaps anything known about the autotile system I'm assuming it'll have, so I can officially start designing my shit! (Hell yeah, this makes me want to do my own graphics again! I haven't been in the mood for that shit in a long time!)

If you look at the screens here, you'll be able to inference some things. It looks like the tiles ARE 32x32, it features a menu that looks starkly different from rmvx (i.e. map movement chains and advanced character creation), and it also looks like many resolutions are allowed.
Other than the screens though they haven't given us any full tech info yet I'm aware of.

They also said if all goes well they'll be putting plugins so that genres can be extended so they might add a plug in for rpg or something :angel:

The program is activated by net though, this is scary :blank:

mawk

Sponsor

so they've finally learned how stupid their licensing system is?

I really hope this isn't as flash-based as it looks. if it's all vector graphics and I need to learn Actionscript I'm switching to game maker.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.