Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [9MM][DEMO] Arias Lust

Dead content awaiting restoration.

Danny

Sponsor

Shame, I was just ready to get off my ass and do something :P Well good luck with all the spriting, I can't wait to see what you come up with. At least, as you said, this way the game can keep to one style. Its a worthy acheivment to make a game with all your own graphics.

Well it's mostly because I switched the spriting style slightly to only support 4 colors (one being the outliner, thus really making it 3 colors.) For the sprites and tiles. I use to house about 6 colors in a sprite so with the decrease I should be able to get sprites done a bit quicker.

Mac

Just posting this here too, but i finished it off yesterday when you announced about it.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6741/malizecolouriseddu5.png[/img]

Anyhow i wish you good luck with this now, if you ever do need help just say :)

That's excellent Mac. ^^
I don't want your work to goto waste, so I'll definitely use this at one of the transitional / cut scenes. Probably add some pretty effects to make look fancy. Thanks for your contribution.

The_JSTREET;168666 said:
Well it's mostly because I switched the spriting style slightly to only support 4 colors (one being the outliner, thus really making it 3 colors.) For the sprites and tiles. I use to house about 6 colors in a sprite so with the decrease I should be able to get sprites done a bit quicker.

Well, if you're still interested on that soldier design, I can try to make it 4 colors, or I'll just finish it up and you edit it to fit the style. It's up to you, I just don't want to give it away.

Update: New Feature Added

PIS (Personal Information System)

The idea revolves around the system of Knights of the Old Republic, except not so heavily in depth. Basically your character has personal information that affects how he/she can manipulate people and things around her (Personality engine anyone?).

This script is fairly simple and is nothing more than show, for the most part. Basically, the PIS is view by using an item called PID (Personal Information Display).
http://www.gpp-9mm.com/althread/pid01.png[/img]
Once you've selected it you will be brought to another scene displaying your four (which might increase when/if I figure out more ways to make the game dynamic). Like I said, this is mostly the showing part. You see your information but there isn't really anything you can do, except exit.
http://www.gpp-9mm.com/althread/pid02.png[/img]
Influence
This determines the effect you have on people when you need something to be done. It's basically your reputation. The higher it is, the easier somethings will be. There is a draw back however. "With great power, comes great responsibility." Some people don't like it when your name is too big, they'll try you. More people will recognize you, meaning you'll make yourself an easy target in some cases.

Influence is usually increased by doing odd jobs, and/or stuff that requires you to play the "tough guy roll."
http://www.gpp-9mm.com/althread/pid03.png[/img]

Sex Appeal
This is used for different methods of persuasion, more-so on the opposite sex (or in some cases the same sex O.o). Sex Appeal, can help get yourself out of some of those tight situations you may encounter in recon missions, or it might just be an easy way to get "healed."

There are no real draw backs of high sex appeal.

Sex Appeal can be gained by doing things like, chatting with others, dating, and/or playing hero.
http://www.gpp-9mm.com/althread/pid04.png[/img]

http://www.gpp-9mm.com/althread/pid05.png[/img]

Political Insight
Ah, good ol fashion politics. They play a big role in Arias Lust. You'll find that often a lot of situations may cause you to either know the politics or at least act like you know. That's where Political Insight comes in. Even if you're a hundred percent wrong, having political insight can make you sound like you're right.

There are cases when sounding right isn't going to cut the cake. In these situations high political insight can reveal the correct choice(s) were as having a low insight will only leave you with wrong and/or completely ignorant choices.

You gain Political Insight by reading books, watching the Politic Channel whenever possible, and going to political gatherings.

There's no real drawback of having high political insight, except for the fact that sometimes it can draw you into long conversations about politics (Only politics of the game. You won't see anything about Bush or Iraq.), but hey who doesn't love politics.
http://www.gpp-9mm.com/althread/pid06.png[/img]

http://www.gpp-9mm.com/althread/pid07.png[/img]

http://www.gpp-9mm.com/althread/pid08.png[/img]

Computer Usage
Well being able to use a calculator might not help you much in this game, but having the ability to hack into a government archive, that'll come in handy. If you don't know how to use a computer, you might just be plain screwed and have to do things...the hard way.

Computer Usage is gained by reading books, working on minor computer task, and you can even learn by just watching.

There are no draw backs.

(No examples are available currently :( )

Sounds pretty interesting. I've played KOTOR, as you know, and I loved that system. I think there was a system like that that was being made in the past, but never worked very well, or at least in my opinion. I'm pleased to see you incorporate a complex, well with 4 variables is not that complex, system that will put your game on step higher. Keep it up J, and if you have something to beta test, you know where I am.

Yeah as I said, the actual concept isn't at all complicated. The actual effect that it will have in the game will be more vivid. You'll get a taste of it in the demo when it's released.

As of right now, I have the intro done (except for some facesets). I've been doing most of the writting so it's nothing much but C&P for the dialog. Just a fair warning the intro is VERY dialog heavy, but it's only like 3 mins before you'll be controlling your character. Then, you'll end up in more dialog and a flashback :P After that you'll be in a semi - free roam area.

Next on my agenda is working on some of the battler sprites, that won't take very long, because it's just one frame for enemies and two frames for the players.

Anyway, keep the comments coming, I'd love to here what anyone has to say. Thanks for the feedback thus far.

I enjoyed the demo alot, the battle system is new and refreshing, the graphics were ok.., but is nice nice to see something other than the rtp. Im just wondering what program do you use to compose?

This looks very interesting, the visuals and concept give a very cinematic feel, downloading the demo now :D

(Love the Personality system :) )

Thanks. Some parts of the game are dialog heavy and are suppose to present a cinematic feel (aside from the horrible artwork, but everyone knows I can't draw to save my life.)

The concept of the personality system is very light in comparison to when it actually goes in action, because there are a lot of cases in the game where gathering intel is important, for this reason you'll find that Arias Lust demostrate a bit more Player - NPC interaction then most games.

Within the next 3 weeks I expect to have something new to show. It might just be Alpha Demo 2.0 which will be completely different (Different setting, improved battle system, etc) or I might have enough content to warrant an actual demo. Only time will tell.

Well I downloaded, but couldn´t bring it home (and here I got ugly 56k...) but what you said now just got me more interested, will try your demo tomorrow.

The dialogue heavy part is actually a plus, as long as the dialogue is really meaningful =)

@Clest
Yes, the beginning is informative. A lot of it revolves around Politics and Conspiracies of the government. It kinda sets the stage for the mysterious part of the game. It starts the feeling of betrayals and such.

@Neo
I'll keep an eye on yours as well :) Do I smell competitive rivalry?

Anyway, giving this a little bumperoony for the sake of having changed a few things.

I also want to state that the ground for voice acting positions is open again. I've been getting some good volunteers and I've decided there are a few scenes I want to do with voice acting.

Two new screenshots to close out the week!
Good ol' black and white flashbacks.
Oh noes... The evil Nigga squad stikes again.

I've been getting a lot of work done. I've pretty much have everthing to my favor, and the only things stopping me from releasing a demo are some places where I have to create tilesets, I have a few scenes and characters to draw. I'm probably going to do more sprites as well, just to help fill up the town and slums areas.

The demo is coming!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.