Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [9MM][DEMO] Arias Lust

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Oh noes... The evil Nigga squad stikes again.
The demo is coming... About that, what will it have new? Will it have the same beginning has the first demo? Just wondering.

No, completely new beginning and will hopefully go all the way through to where the alpha demo stopped, and you will get to see what happened to our good friend this time!

A lot of battle system revisions, more characters, more story, voice acting, and much more. The demo will be much better than the alpha test. I'm actually anxious to get it done myself :)

Next week I won't be here, so, get the demo made before I leave.
Good luck on this. BTW, you're in the academy, voting on you won't change things, right?

Neonyo;183723 said:
He did, look under the Voice acting on the 1st post, it says who plays what.He has you playing as Malize.

Woo! Okay, yeah I'll accept that role then. ;) I actually wished that J-street provided more lines, because I never really got a grip on her personality. From the character description, I know she's good at what she's doing, but that doesn't help with the voice.

Oh, and congrats to you for playing Dox. We need a scene with Dox and Malice stat. That will be fun.

Lene;183726 said:
Woo! Okay, yeah I'll accept that role then. ;) I actually wished that J-street provided more lines, because I never really got a grip on her personality. From the character description, I know she's good at what she's doing, but that doesn't help with the voice.

Oh, and congrats to you for playing Dox. We need a scene with Dox and Malice stat. That will be fun.

Well what I'm doing with the voice acting is using it at the vital parts of the conversations and at the same time keeping the dialog it self at a "friendly" level. Malize is one of the more mouthy characters at the start of the game. This is the entire dialog from her first scene.

Zulous:
Malize, it’s always a pleasure to see you.

Malize:
Cut the small talk Zulous. What do you want?

Zulous:
Why you know what I want…

Malize:
Zulous, I wouldn’t fuck you if it would save the Dorians from extinction.

Zulous:
That hurts.

Malize:
Get over it. Now, tell me what you want, or stop wasting my time.

Zulous:
Very well, I have a bounty for you.

Malize:
Who issued it?

Zulous:
This one is from yours truly.

Malize:
I’m listening.

Zulous:
I’ll pay you handsomely, of course.

Malize:
Cut the crap, who’s the target?

Zulous:
Lord Magar.

Malize:
You’re kiddin’ me right?

Zulous:
Absolutely not.

Malize:
There’s no way I’d kill any government official, let alone the Lord of the Empire.

Zulous:
50 million credits.

Malize:
What!?

Zulous:
You heard me. I’ll pay you 50 million credits.

Malize:
You’re serious.

Zulous:
I want him dead, and you’re the only one who can do it.

Malize:
I’ll do it, but I want half now. I’ll need it to get the supplies and a get away ship.

Zulous:
Deal.

Malize:
Once this is done, I’ll have someone pick up the other half and I’m out of the Bounty Hunting biz for good.

Zulous:
I understand completely. Malize.

Malize:
What?

Zulous:
I need him dead by the end of this week.

Malize:
I’ll make it epic…

Malize exits the scene and it fades out. Switches over to outside where Malize thinks about what has accepted to do, but she unknowingly has listening ears.

Malize:
Kill Magar by the end of the week, eh? This is going to be dangerous, but for 50 million credits, it’s well worth it.

The scenes with Dox and Malize are primarily in Chapter 2 and on. Chapter 1 of the games is more focused around the relationship between Dox and Gauge. It also is the setup for a lot of the plot twist and good stuff that come further along in the game.

The_JSTREET;183786 said:
Well what I'm doing with the voice acting is using it at the vital parts of the conversations and at the same time keeping the dialog it self at a "friendly" level. Malize is one of the more mouthy characters at the start of the game.

That makes sense. It give the scenes added effect and it's short enough so people won't get annoyed with my questionable voice acting. XD

Oh and thanks for posting that scene. Malize is kinda snarky. I like it.

The scenes with Dox and Malize are primarily in Chapter 2 and on. Chapter 1 of the games is more focused around the relationship between Dox and Gauge. It also is the setup for a lot of the plot twist and good stuff that come further along in the game.

Who's playing Gauge? You?

Yeah, I'll be playing Gauge. He's the main character and will have quite a few lines (mostly talking to himself). That's a responsibility I wouldn't want to pin on anybody else. My voice acting is half ass, but it has to be done :P

Anyway, I'll probably finish writing Chapter One by this weekend. I'll inform you guys of any new scene that need voicing.

Thanks for doing this for me, it's really adding to my game. :)

Anonymous

The_JSTREET;183786 said:
Malize exits the scene and it fades out. Switches over to outside where Malize thinks about what has accepted to do, but she unknowingly has listening ears.

Malize:
Kill Magar by the end of the week, eh? This is going to be dangerous, but for 50 million credits, itâ?‚??„?s well worth it.

Not a very good assassin if she regularly talks out loud about her jobs. Sorry, but this line kind of ruins the sort of character you were until this point building her up as - ruthless, efficient, practical, and professional. Given this line, I'm surprised she survived more than a couple jobs, and I'm having a hard time picturing her as this paragon of assassinhood that Zulous makes her out to be with this line:

I want him dead, and youâ?‚??„?re the only one who can do it.

You bring up a valid point. It's suppose to portray her thinking to herself out loud. With a bounty of that magnitude she wants to reassure herself that she's up for the task. The scene itself will do much more justice.

As it's written it would just seem like someone was camping out trying to find out who was the next bounty, when in reality the person who heard her was venting from a previous situation and just so happen to catch a segment of what she said.

Still, you have a very good arguement. I think I'm going to rewrite the scene to where she isn't thinking out loud. You've also given me an entirely new plot twist I want to experiment with. I'm glad you said something before I finalized chapter one.

Thanks! ^_^

Nin

*Ahem*
I'd be willing to voice for Gauge. I have quite the rehearsed, large black man voice if I do say so myself. ;)

Looking good, I liked all your games Jstreet from way back when. Speaking of which, weren't you a voice in Sacrilege, what ever happened to that project?

@apoc
Yes, I was a voice in Sac. I played Grommet, although the only serious lines he got were in the earlier releases. The projected was halted due to Big Billy deciding to do some things irl. I probably miss it more then anyone.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.