Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What are you reading?

Ive never gotten around to that book, even though ive always wanted to read it. I started reading it when I was in 9th, but that was when I really didnt have an appreciation for books and novels. I think Ill start that one next, as I heard its really good. Its laying around in my room.

Ive also wanted to read Middlesex. Now that im older and not so ignorant, I need to catch up on my books. :c

and Water for chocolate

Whole Oz series by L. Frank Baum. I'm done with first book and now I'm in half of "Marvelous Land Of Oz". Oh my, this is the best fantasy universe in whole world. Seriously, for example Middle Earth from LOTR is just a boring bunch of medieval countries compared to Land of Oz. ;)

Btw check movie from 1939 based on the book -this is one of greatest movies EVER.

This site contains all books.
http://www.literature.org/authors/baum-l-frank/

bacon":1fde0a4g said:
The Road. I just started but so far its somewhat intriguing. o:
Great book. It's sad, moody and disturbing. McCarthy have interesing writing style.

I recently finished reading the most recent book, Dark Lady's Chosen, in the Chronicles of the Necromancer series by Gail Z. Martin. If you're interested in fantasy, I highly recommend the series. I personally love Gail's writing style because it's descriptive but doesn't drag on forever like some writers tend to do. These books are the type of books that I start reading and I have to force myself to stop (6 hours later).

At the moment, I'm reading The Eight by Katherine Neville. It's only so-so at the moment, although I'm not even a quarter of the way through. It's taking quite a while to get to the actual story, which is something that bugs me, but the story itself seems interesting so far.

perdido street station

perdido-street-station-picture.jpg

awwww yeah

mother freaking japanese light novels. I have no idea why I'm addicted to them, I'm spending 5+ hours a day sitting (in this disturbingly small chair) reading Zero no Tsukaima, chromed shelled regios, etc.

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria is amazing and amazingly well done though, despite being translated from japanese. If anyone can ignore all the anime/manga/shit that happens in because it's a japanese light novel and crap ("You are my enemy!" said the japanese school boy), it's a mother effer of a mind twister. Goddamn, twist after twist after twist that isn't actually contrived, with help from the writing, not just plot. Only three volumes, but that was amazing shit, dammit.

im reading this thread, by .org. its interesting, but the re-readability is low.

[edit] but in all seriousness, im reading Living the Wisdom of the Tao by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. Good stuff if you're into pre-Buddha Buddhism.

Still Ben Goldacre, Bad Science. I'm reading tons of other shit (Terry Pratchett Nation, and some other science books) but don't get much time to read lately so I just pick up a chapter every now and then).

Good read. Reccomend it even if it is now "popular".

Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

its so sad and so gross at the same time. I never want to eat anything again. :c

The book made me tear up with all the examples on how people and children have died because of eating fastfood. Like literally, it melted some five year old kid's brain and he died in his mother's arms. :c
And what is like really sad is the fact that it could of been preventable if the companies gave a shit. This is all spread from manure in the meat. x:

I also read that scientists did a study and they found that you are better off eating a carrot that fell in your toilet over a carrot that fell into the sink. There is more manure and stuff in your sink from defrosting and leaking meat than there is in your restroom. x:

The whole book is fucking disgusting I am so disgusted.

moxie

Sponsor

macon":3iqcjgvl said:
The book made me tear up with all the examples on how people and children have died because of eating fastfood. Like literally, it melted some five year old kid's brain and he died in his mother's arms. :c

whoa what? how exactly did this all go down?

don't get me wrong, i abhor fast food but i've also become wary of all the misinformation and exaggeration that goes on in a lot of those "expose" books.

bacon don't believe everything you read in sensationalist crusade books

I once read a book that told me that all food will give me cancer, HIV and meninjitis all at once, and that the only ways to sufficiently cleanse my body were sunbathing and daily colonic irrigation

I'm not even kidding

I'm currently reading Sir Walter Scott's "Waverly" and will soon pick up Ivanhoe. I need to buy The Bride of Lammermoor and read it, but I don't have book money yet, so it'll have to wait.

I'm also reading the Three Musketeers. :P

@macon:
Oh my....you just made me never, ever, ever, ever want to eat out at the only two places I eat out at. (Long John Silver's and Rally's). You are right.... that is horribly sad. I heard about manure being in soda fountains in gas and food stations, but I didn't know it was spread around in our food. Ugg...

I always knew the sink is dirtier than the toilet. But I clean my sink with bleach every night, so I hope my sink is at least a little cleaner than a toilet or at least the same. lol I'd buy and read that, but I have a feeling I'd be too disgusting to continue out with it. >.>

How old is this book?

I bought some horrible histories books for 75p each from a second hand book store. Didn't realise I already had the WW2 one though, damn.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.