Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [VX] Omega Twilight

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Hmm...sorry, I thought I had made the drop rate high enough. Also you shouldn't have sold any extra honey...one of the NPC's says not to sell stuff like that cuz you never know when you'll need them =) lol.

Oh okay yeah I'll fix that glitch with the teleporter...thanks, I missed that one O_o. Also the one with the king ha.

Yeah...like I said I rushed it...sorry about that -__-

Wow! Was that including a lot of searching for the quests? How bad was it not having a quest log? Cuz I think it might be okay for now at least to maybe just do a World of Warcraft thing where there is some sort of marker over the heads of people that have quests to give. I would still like a quest log, but I think for now at least it will be fine.

I didn't sell any honey, i used it all on that quest for that honey maniac guy.

It wasn't too bad without the quest log, though it may be helpful if you are planning to make lots of quests in an area, because people may forget about what quests they have activated and can't find the guy who gave them the quest.

And, yea i like to explore each area to make sure i haven't missed any extra items, and i'm sure i talked to like every NPC in the game.

Oh haha okay. I think I had an extra honey from doing that...I will turn the drop rate up on the bees' honey. I had it kind of high because I wanted the player to have to go get those 4 hives, and then I figured they would get the 5th and maybe 6th honey from at least one of those bees they fight from the hives.

Yeah, I'll see...I just can't get up with the scripter -__-.

Lol yeah that's why I want to make the NPCs more interesting, for people like you who are completionists (is that a word?).

The glitch with the king is kinda unconfirmed, but it will only be there if you do the teleporter glitch, so you only really need to fix the teleports so you cant use them(until you get past the bridge cut scene) when you change characters and the king glitch cant happen.

Oh okay yeah. I really do appreciate you guys and your nice bug reports...thank you so much ^_^.

I want to redo a lot of the game...but I don't want to work from the ground up. So right now I'm at sort of a standstill and I am a little discouraged. I just want to make sure what direction I want to head in before I start working again.

I am trying to develop the characters and world more in my mind so that I can fully flesh them out. I recently thought of some very important things involving Maria. In case you guys didn't notice, this is similar to Final Fantasy 10 in the fact that Maria is basically the main character of the entire story...but Kain is the first character you play as, and the main gameplay character (like Yuna and Tidus, respectively). Maria is the main character and hero of the story...she is the catalyst between the gods and the people, you know? Kain will have very important parts to the story, but he is mostly there so that you can get a different perspective of the story.

Just finished the demo...
And what can I say, it was great. :thumb:

Second thought now that Ive played, the quest log is very important.
I mean it could be done without it but for the players sake it would be far easyer with it.

I noticed the portal glitch when your at the forest at the very end of the demo,
And also if you warp (not sure about walking) to the cave in that forest your
characters image will disapear and you will be invisible.

Also (Im not really sure if you will be able to do this but) you need to find a way of changing
what people say to you depending on witch of the two main characters you are at the time...
I found it odd when people were thanking me for doing a quest that I did with the
other character, but its only a very minor issue...

Other than all that it was very fun to play, and I will be happy to see a demo update in the future.

Huh? I did have it so people say different things when you are playing as someone else...ugh...I think I probably just didn't have a switch go on. I think maybe when you switch back to Maria I forgot to turn on the "MARIA'S PARTY" switch. I had that set up so that everything could be different. I'll have to look into it ha...but I did think of that so don't worry ^_^ ha.

Thank you so much for the support and advice ^_^

Fine game... I enjoy it.

Just an anoying bug in the holes of the 2nd screen of the cave beyond the pond in the forest (I hope you see what I mean). In the second page of the hole event, instead of a 'Move Event (Hero) Change Opacity to 0' you put a 'Move Event (Hero) Change Appearance to None'.
After that, I found no way to get back any visible appearance. I had to modifiy the game (which is not encrypted) to continue.

Thank you guys...yeah I'm going to fix that hole glitch RIGHT NOW cuz people have told me before but I never got around to it lolz.
.....K it's fixed haha.

Okay guys, I think I mentioned before that I didn't like the beginning of the game, as well as the backstories of the two main characters...particularly Kain. Don't worry, I knew that Kain's story was silly and cliche...I just wanted to get a demo out so I was just like "WHATEVZ!!" haha.

Okay...well I'm gonna bounce some general ideas off you guys here and let me know what you think. I wanted to just surprise everyone with the next demo with the new stories...but I want to get it final in the next one so I'm gonna do some "beta testing" here.

Kain
Kain has committed a horrible crime...like maybe he murdered someone. Probably murdered someone in a rage over a girl. Probably a girl who will be a romance for Kain throughout the game or something (none of the characters we've already met).

He is killed for the crime...or maybe he dies as he does it. He is offered a second chance in the "underworld" by some god...maybe this god is one of the Guardian Spirits...perhaps it's the Guardian Spirit of the underworld and a god of chance and gambling...not an evil one like Dietra, just like a....I dunno, gambler "toy-with-people's-lives" type of being, you know?

Kain's whole questing thing will be implemented into the story this time...I think I can do it lol *sweats*. His part of the deal is that he has to do good deeds for people...and that is why he uses this quest log or whatever it is to help people. And of course along the way he will become a better person because of doing these good deeds, blah blah blah, you know.

I'm just having some trouble with all the finer details...but I have some ideas floating around. Here are the main things floating around for Kain's story:
-A second chance
-A romance
-Doing good deeds for SOME reason (doesn't really want to but has to)
-All this somehow connects with Kain helping Maria...I have a lot of ideas floating around

Maria
I haven't thought about Maria's story that much...it's really Kain's story that needed to be...well...completely torn down and built from the ground up lol.

I think that maybe she will start very high up in the Covenant...like probably at least serving in the main church in the "Covenant City" or whatever. Then she will probably leave on her own will because maybe she is starting to see some corruption or something.

I dunno...there will just be a lot more time before she meets SAVIOR I would imagine. A lot more of her trying to figure things out on her own as opposed to just blatantly being told and led by the hand so early on by SAVIOR. I didn't like that very much.

Ooookay just tell me what you guys think ^o^

tfr

Hi Pieman...

It's been awhile since I reviewed Lucid Awakening over a year and a half ago be over at CA.

I'm still rather interested how this game is coming along. I check these forums every 3 months or so, but you've gone a little quiet. How has the gaming creating world been treating you? I'm looking forward to the new game as the quality of what you produced in LA was one of the best completed RPG maker games I've come across; though I don't play nearly enough of them...

Let me know how you're doing.

Best Regards

The Flaming Red

Hello, TFR!! Wow...the last post was March 18 lol O__o that's crazy haha.

Well I've been VERY busy now with a full time job, and I am heavily involved in ministry and music with my church. There isn't much free time, and the free time I get is usually either exercising, eating, or catching up on sleep lol.

I have been fiddling around with my Omega Twilight "rewrite" recently. I have like the first minute of it done lol...and I've added a new character that I really like.

I will keep you guys updated if I do anything major okay? Sorry I've been so quiet...I really do miss RM and the RM community and that's one thing I miss most actually now that I have a job lol.

Thanks for caring about this project and my work...it really means a lot!!

Hey everyone, I started a blog. Now I have the download links on my blog instead of direct links on the forum posts.

I hope you all check out my blog and follow it. The link is in my signature and in the demo spoiler on the first post.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.