Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [VX] Omega Twilight

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Title.jpg

Title screen by Woratana

In the world of Realda, there are many lands--each with their own Guardian Spirit to watch over and protect it.  A great evil is rising up in this world, threatening the existence of all Guardian Spirits...and all of Realda.

The church dedicated to the Guardian Spirits, the Covenant, is becoming corrupted by this hidden darkness.  Why is this organization attempting to destroy all that they stand for?

Two heroes must take their stand against the rising evil that threatens to destroy the world.  Kain, a boy from a small island village; and Maria, a priestess of the church of Reijin.

Though they may never meet, they will become the strongest allies in all history.

Kain - Fighter
Kain is one of two main characters.  He has always lived in a quiet village on the small Terran Isle.  While helping out his neighbors with minor chores, he becomes part of a plot bigger than anything that has ever happened in Realda--the Guardian Spirits are dying for some reason...and Terran is the first to pass.  Kain is told that there is a group in the nearby land of Kallan which may be able to help him save his island from imminent doom due to the Guardian Spirit's passing.

Kain is an excellent physical fighter, and can enhance his own strength as well as others.

Maria - Priestess
Maria is the second main character.  She grew up with Father Brealle as part of the church located in Kohl.  She is sent to the shrine of her local Guardian Spirit by Father Brealle to investigate why the Guardian Spirits are suffering.  She is met by Reijin herself and is chosen to be the savior of Realda.  She is sent to Kallan where she will gain help from an organization with the same goal of saving the world from certain doom.

Maria uses all sorts of holy magic--from healing to damaging enemies with powerful light magic.

==================================================

Chad - Rogue
Chad is a childhood friend of Maria.  Although he grew up in a rich family, he rebelled at a young age when he felt the gods betrayed him.  Maria and him seem to have a very close relationship.  Although he has regained some faith, he is still easily doubtful of the gods.

Chad is very quick and uses two daggers to fight.  He can boost his own speed and strength if needed.

Titus - Alchemist
Titus meets Kain early on in his quest and is accompanied by Sarah.  Titus seems to have some sort of authority and a high position, although Kain does not know what that is at first.  He has the same goals as Kain and Maria, and aids them because of this.

Titus uses a slingshot in battle which attacks twice.  As an alchemist, he uses spells and potions to deal various status effects to enemies, as well as help allies who are afflicted.

Sarah - Guardian
Sarah is always with Titus, and seems to have some sort of obligation to him.  She is willing to protect Titus at any cost, even her own life.  She doesn't talk much, and she always seems to be concentrating on something.

Sarah has the best defense of any character; this paired with her ability to cure and increase other allies' defense makes her a valuable ally.  She also has excellent offense.

Tiffany - Mage
Tiffany is a peppy person who is always cheerful.  She seems to never let things bother her.  She tends to talk fast and interrupt people because of her excitement.  She guides Kain to Kallan when he leaves Terran Isle.

Tiffany's personality can be deceiving, as she is a powerful and valuable ally.  She has variety of--mostly offensive--magic, as well as the ability to buff her, or her allies', magical power.  She has low defense, HP and attack power...but her immense amount of MP as well as magical power more than make up for it.

Chamille - Grappler
Chamille is a friend of Tiffany, and she meets Kain not long after he meets Tiffany.  She can act girly and silly sometimes (usually when interacting with Tiffany), but then other times can be a rough, brawling tomboy.  She has a very short temper and seems to be balanced out by Tiffany's bubbly, lighthearted personality.

Chamille fights with only her fists and feet.  She has a variety of skills, mostly to buff herself--she can cure herself of disease, boost her own defense and offense, etc.

Todd - Archer
Todd joins Kain soon after he arrives at Kallan.  He is incredibly smart, sincere, and knows how to be stealthy and silent if it is required.  He is very modest and does not seem to think he is very smart.  Todd only speaks when it is important and saves his words.  His twin sister, Terra, can occasionally pull out a smile or even a laugh from his usually-serious demeanor.

Todd is an archer by trade, and thus only uses bows and arrows as his weapon.  His attacks are deadly against flying enemies, and he has excellent speed.  He can even fire multiple arrows with one attack.

Terra - Songstress

Terra is Todd's twin sister.  Despite this they do not both join Kain at the same time.  She is a very beautiful woman who is not much of a fighter.  She has a passion for nature, friendship, and serving the Guardian Spirits that makes up for her lack of a fighting spirit.  She is an immensely caring person, and wants to help anyone in need.  She will occasionally act silly to get her brother to smile.

Terra is lacking in offense or defense.  She is a support character...and the best support you could have in your party.  She uses ancient songs to buff the entire party's stats, and cause chaos to the enemies.

-Highly innovative quest system developed by myself
-Quest-based gameplay
-Intuitive story/gameplay revolving around two main playable characters (switched at fixed points)
-Thoroughly playtested
-Mapped using RTP
-Made by the creator of Lucid Awakening

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/sillypieman/Temple.png[/img]

QuestDone.png

Forest.png

Cave.png

BETA DEMO
*Download link is at the bottom of the link page*

Do NOT use the Quest Log item. It will mess up the game.

;_; But I want Lucid Awakening 2.

This better be good, or it'll be your head.  *evil glare*

Looks good so far....better keep it up *lifts knife*

LOL!  I'm still going to do LA2, but right now I can't find anyone to do my Job Change Script that I'm going to need to even begin Lucid Awakening 2.

Thank you for your compliments and for your fandom of Lucid Awakening ^_^.

Lol that actually IS a quest.  It's halfway a joke for all the RPGers who have played well...any RPG.

I will say now that the story IS more of a cliche than Lucid Awakening was.  I really want to make it feel like an old school game.  But don't worry, just because the story isn't going to be of the same grandeur as LA, it doesn't mean it won't be good and well written.

That's something I have learned--that a game can be as cliche as possible, but if it is handled correctly it will be good.  And I believe that I am capable of this.

So wait...are you saying you don't like the RTP or were you just speaking for the hundreds of other people who are inevitably going to say that lol.

Oh, and for all you who are going to say that: in case you didn't notice, Lucid Awakening used basically all RTP....

I actually REALLY like the RTP, and if you have a problem with it, then don't play my awesome game!  Your loss!

I'll put a little story summary of what I have so far...keep in mind that I was completely making this up as I went, which is what I did in Lucid Awakening, and I don't see people complaining about that game:

======================================

You play as Kain, who lives on a small island called Terran Isle.  While doing various odd jobs, Kain comes across his mission to save the Guardian Spirit of Terran Isle.  He meets up with a young boy armed with a slingshot, named Titus, and his older female friend, Sarah.  They are there for the same reason--to find out what is causing Terran's suffering.

Kain, Titus, and Sarah then take it on themselves to attempt to save the remaining Guardian Spirits.

Some other points that are important are:
-Each region has its own Guardian Spirit
-If a Guardian Spirit is destroyed, the region will begin to decay

And of course since this is, like I said, a fairly simple story, of course you will end up having to fight all the Guardian Spirits and embark on a journey around the world, etc., etc., blah blah...you know the rest.

I also said this earlier: there is most likely going to be a second playable character who you will switch to at certain points in the story.  It will be interesting too because it turns out that the Prime Minister of the Covenant (basically the church of the game) is the one who is behind the pain of the Guardian Spirits, and the Covenant is worshiping the Guardian Spirit of the entire world, Dietra...so there's a lot of religious and spiritual conflicts going on, which I like.

Anyway, it will be interesting to play as the second character because she is part of the Covenant.  That does not necessarily mean she will be on the opposing side of Kain...or that she will even meet Kain.  They will, for the most part, be completely unrelated to each other, but they will be connected by this overarching storyline.  I am pretty sure that she (the second character) will have her own party members and her own story and path she travels.  I think it could get even more interesting if things you do with one character, could have an effect in the other character's story (probably nothing major...just quests and stuff).

I think that all of this considered, this game could be very interesting, and could be a new, amazing experience that has never been seen, not even in commercial games.

And again, even if you REALLY don't like the storyline or something, I really think that the gameplay and quest system will be very entertaining.

So wait...are you saying you don't like the RTP or were you just speaking for the hundreds of other people who are inevitably going to say that lol.
No, I actually seem to be one of the few lonely douchebags who actually like the RTP. I'm just saying: Hello, whiny icing bags filled with moldy feces! Yes! We see you! We have acknowledged you! Go post somewhere else.

LOL!!! Omg, your post deserves a medal...I am not aware of any medal system on the forums, so we can just pretend I presented you with a metal.

Hey, I like the VX RTP >.>

Woo! The pieman's back! :D Look forward to see what all new things you will be concocting this time!
And yes, Don't forget to work on LA2 plz kthxbai

Lol okay.

I could release a demo of the first island, I'm basically done with it.  The only problem is I won't have the quest log so you can't keep track of your quests, but there's really not that many and they are simple, so you could do without the quest log.

I think I have someone to do the quest log script, we're going to talk on MSN sometime (I'm not sure when)...so maybe I'll have it operational soon!

If enough people want an early demo of the first island, I'll put one out.

I uploaded a nifty demo of the first island :P.  Check the top of the first post.

The one thing is that there is no quest log...even though there's a quest log tutorial at the beginning lol.  Just keep track of what quests you get and what the requirements are and all that.  Maybe write it down or something.

Tell me what you think!

*Sigh* lol.  I knew there would be something wrong.  Hold on, I'll get a new one up.

Edit: Okay, look at the top of the first post under the download link.  I just uploaded two parallaxes to filefront.  I put them on filefront cuz I'm not sure if maybe a photo site would resize them.  Let me know if there is another problem.

Also, how do can you include pictures with a project without including the whole RTP?

Put the pictures in the project's picture directory, not in the rtp folder.

sillypieman":17v8vtcv said:
*Sigh* lol.  I knew there would be something wrong.  Hold on, I'll get a new one up.

Edit: Okay, look at the top of the first post under the download link.  I just uploaded two parallaxes to filefront.  I put them on filefront cuz I'm not sure if maybe a photo site would resize them.  Let me know if there is another problem.

Also, how do can you include pictures with a project without including the whole RTP?

I'll try to have another demo up at some point.  I'll probably have one ready by the middle of April.

I'm working on Maria's chapter right now...so I'll probably release a new demo once I finish hers.

When I release another demo depends on what kind of feedback I get.  I just finished Maria's part of the story and it is now switched back to Kain.

Do you want me to just put up a new demo so you can play Maria's story?  Or should I wait longer so that I have more content?

Also...I still need someone to do my quest log script ^_^.

In case anyone cares, this is going to be put on hold for a little while.  My VX trial just ran out, and I'm not sure how much money I have...I think I have enough, but I don't want to buy VX if I'm not going to have any money left after.

So yeah, it might be a couple weeks before I even start working on this again.

Maybe I can get something done with Lucid Awakening 2 in the mean time... ;)

omg ur gaem sux u use rtp y u do this omg omg omg omg ggggggggggg

Nah, it's pretty cool for a VX game. I'm downloading it right now(okay, not right now; in about a day or two), and I'll give you my thoughts once I'm done with it. However, I'd like to give you one piece of advice: Being able to handle clichés is cool and all, but don't use too many.

Either way, I loved your summary. I have one question, though: Who/what are 'Guardian Spirits'? You haven't mentioned that.

Lol.

It's not really that cliched...simple is a better word.

I thought I explained the Guardian Spirits in my 30 foot long post lol.  Anyway, each region has a Guardian Spirit, usually named the same as the region.  They are gods that have always been a part of the world.  They protect and help their region.  If they die, the region will decay eventually.

I actually don't know the whole story of the Guardian Spirits lol.  Like I said, I kind of make my games as I go haha.  There is a sort of Guardian Spirit of the entire planet named Dietra.  He/she is basically the main god, the one that rules all the other Guardian Spirits.  There is lots of betrayal and stuff in the world of the gods though.

Also they actually have physical forms within their regions.

Well, I "like" the look of the RTP but the way that corners arent rounded it just ruins the maps look. Your mapping looks pretty god but the stupid VX mapping makes the mountain's sides blend together.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.