Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Tales of Symphonia Menu

im getting the error Script'spriteset_map'line 59 RGSS Error occured.
disposed titlemap

line 59= @tilemap.tileset.dispose
it works :] i just put # in front of line 59 like that guy said, except it leaves a bar at the top for like a second.

So here's the scoop - using this script, altering it as I need.  I've added a 4th window, called Window_Calendar.  It's where the calendar system in my game is going to be displayed.  I have the new window animating correctly, It's properly sized, however the calendar graphic refuses to display.  The calendar output itself is going to be an image or icon of some sort (not just printed text,) and I'd like the graphic to scroll WITH the window as it appears.  I tried to pick out some graphic display code from the Icon display this script already has, with no luck.  Could somebody help me fill in the gaps?  (Doesn't matter if the image is in the Icon or Picture folder, or anywhere else, as long as it works!)

Thanks in advance!

Here's my Window_Calendar:

#calendar window
class Window_Calendar < Window_Base
def initialize
super(0, 0, 170, 52)
self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
refresh
end

#refresh
def refresh
self.contents.clear
##############################
########stuff goes in here :P########
##############################
end

#update
def update
super
if Graphics.frame_count / Graphics.frame_rate != @total_sec
refresh
end
end
end

could anyone please use some code tags?
does it look or act like a real calendar? or does every single month have 30 days in total?

shadowball":17i96hei said:
could anyone please use some code tags?

Whoops, sorry.  Guess I'd better learn to do that.  :P

shadowball":17i96hei said:
does it look or act like a real calendar? or does every single month have 30 days in total?

No and No.  The calendar is a completely made up invention of my own.  It does not use weeks or months, but two units of time based on pictures.  And to avoid both the programming hassle and the inconvenience to the player it does NOT run on a day/night system.  The variable that is stored within the game that takes care of what 'day' it is simply flips ahead every time you use an inn, tent, or the storyline calls for you to go to bed/time to pass.

But the inner workings of the calendar I have figured out and can code easily.  I just for the life of me can not get the images to appear on the menu screen (the calendar will be running off combinations of image files to display the date rather than text.)

Hi can someone help me out? I've set the maximum characters that can enter the party up to 6 and the maximum amount of people who can enter the battle up to 4. When i have all 6 characters in my party and I enter the battle i get this error:

Script 'new menu' line 457: NameError occurred.
uninitialized constant Scene_Battle::ToS

(I called the ToS_menu script new menu)
Here is the piece of text where the line is.
The line with the error is underlined

#++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

447 #======================================================================
448 # ** Scene_Battle
449 #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
450 #  This puts a limit on how many characters can enter battle.
451 #======================================================================
452 class Scene_Battle
453 alias vash_tos_remove_main main
454 def main
455 @saved_actors = []
456 if $game_party.actors.size > Vash_ToS::PARTY_BATTLE
457 for i in ToS::PARTY_BATTLE...$game_party.actors.size
457 @saved_actors << $game_party.actors.id

459 $game_party.remove_actor($game_party.actors.id)
460 end
461 end
462 vash_tos_remove_main
463 end
465 alias vash_tos_add_battle_end battle_end
466 def battle_end(result)
467 for actor_id in @saved_actors
468 $game_party.add_actor(actor_id)
469 end
470 vash_tos_add_battle_end(result)
471 end
472 end
474 #++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@desperato

Change:

for i in ToS::PARTY_BATTLE...$game_party.actors.size

Into:

for i in Vash_ToS::PARTY_BATTLE...$game_party.actors.size

Took me awhile to figure that one out! ;D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.