Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Tales of Symphonia Menu

Ok, ok everyone please stop reporting the same bug, do not bump this topic asking if the bugs have been fixed

I will be taking a look at this since Vash has asked me, and if you want I should be able to finish any and all bugs present so you will have to wait until I get to this, thanks

Trickster;180995 said:
Ok, ok everyone please stop reporting the same bug, do not bump this topic asking if the bugs have been fixed

I will be taking a look at this since Vash has asked me, and if you want I should be able to finish any and all bugs present so you will have to wait until I get to this, thanks

Thanks for taking this into your own hands Trickster, I've been quiet about that bug, but figured it would eventually get fixed. Thanks :)
~Axerax~

hallo, I have 2 questions:

1.- how i can put an option on the menu tath show as a '????' before getting an item, when i got the item a switch is activate to change the '????' to bestiary. anyone know how can i do this?

2.- i have an error in the line 1062 the content of this is O_o :

1062: if @battler_window.x > 300
1063: @battler_window.x -= 16

1) You would have to edit the script for this
2) Could you please tell me the type of error you got I'm going to assume it is an undefined method 'x' for NilClass Error

Hi
about the 1 i dont know some of script, i think tath one that have experience in this can help me.

about 2 my game has been erased as an error, and i am creating this and i copy your script and i ave not the error now XD

christof3264;180984 said:
in mine it allways draws an extra menu, ill show you guys a screen

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ ... les/ss.jpg[/IMG]

that along with there being nothing in the save menu

i don't know how, but i create a script tath enable you to zoom when a character or enemy hurts, after coping this i have the error , when i erase tath script the error dissapear.XD

That error is because the menu keeps wanting to update and refresh to quickly, so it ends up creating a duplicate top portion of the menu.

Trickster: I know you're working on a full SDK-compliant version, but since my CMS is already very different from this, I was wondering if you could explain how to get around this error:
Script 'Spriteset_Map' line 59: RGSSError occurred.

disposed tilemap
Spriteset_Map is unchanged in my scripts, fyi. This problem only occurs with the SDK in the system (which I had to use for the Support/Passive Abilities)

First you have to add it to here
Code:
      s1 = '      ' + $data_system.words.item
      s2 = '      ' + $data_system.words.skill
      s3 = '      ' + $data_system.words.equip
      s4 = '      ' + 'Status'
      s5 = '      ' + 'Party'
      s6 = '      ' + 'Save'
      s7 = '      ' + 'Exit'
      commands = [s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7]
      @command_window = Window_MenuCommand.new(626, commands)

Then you have to add another when with the index you placed it (adjusting the others if possible

Code:
      case @command_window.index
      when 0 # Item
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
        $scene = Scene_Item.new
      when 1 # Skill
        @command_window.active = false
        @status_window.active = true
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 2 # Equip
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 3 # Status
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 4 # Party Changer
        @checker = 0
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 5 # Save
        if $game_system.save_disabled
          $game_system.se_play($data_system.buzzer_se)
          return
        end
        $scene = Scene_Save.new
      when 6 # End
        $scene = Scene_End.new
      end

Then you must edit the scene you have there to go back to the menu when you exit

If that is my bestiary then I'll edit it for you to go back to the menu

and sorry I was using code from the version I have in the above explanation and also sorry for giving a bad explanation (Going to bed)

Ok, I should have my version ready sometime today the only thing I saw that could cause problems was the save file file name was changed which could cause save files not to load. The other problems I did not see at all :-/

christof3264;180984 said:
in mine it allways draws an extra menu, ill show you guys a screen

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ ... les/ss.jpg[/IMG]

that along with there being nothing in the save menu

I fixed this bug by changing the location where the command window is drawn before animation takes place. By the looks of it, it's drawn in the upper left corner, then moved offscreen, then moved back down into place udring the animation. I just changed it so it's drawn offscreen every time, so even if the glitch occurrs you never see it. XD

I can tell you where to do the edits needed, but not immediately... i'll get back to you on this one.

tails2

I have the same problem, but aside with that...

I have a suggestion:
(Donno if it's possible... I can't script... just edit ^_^; but... anyway)

The idea is to show a face picture instead of a character sprite...
Shown in picture below:

EDIT:
I found out how to remove the double command menu:

ICON = true
set it to "false"

of course if you want icons in that menu it's not much help. >_>
but anyway its all I figured out. hehe sorry.

Same goes for the save/load problem, but again if you want THAT save screen... then I donno.

Sorry I've been working on other stuff, I'll get to it soon (hopefully by the end of this week if not then the end of next week) sorry for the wait

Hey trickster, I dunno if you've seen this error, but if you use mr.mo's abs, accept a hotkey and exit the menu, it will cause a Spriteset_Map error saying it disposed tilesets. Have no clue why this causes it, but I just started to notice it.
~Axerax~

When I save, nothing appears on the slot in which I saved it e.g. Character sprites, Map Information etc, although it still loads!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.