Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Hybris - 2nd Awakening [FULL GAME]

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Its riddled with inconsistencies, spelling errors.. and whats worse is..  its wild shots in the dark the whole game through. Im thrown in the forest and basically told to go somewhere. I still didnt break the first seal.. but it didnt matter because I didnt need to because I was able to go straight to the second seal (and honestly I was confused because my first seal was the second seal). The bosses are pretty awesome, the battle system is unique.. but the little things like lack of direction throws it off.

Honestly when the purple haired girl told Yue to wait the game frozen (my guess is its some kinda move event problem) which annoyed me to no end..

and I knew the whole time that the shadow was Yue's reflection.. saw it coming a mile away.. and I felt that speech coming on to with the classic this cant be sob story.

The download should work again: http://hybris.rmxp.de//download.html
You just hit the time I changed the link, because someone else noticed the problem with the game freezing. This was due to the addition of the antilag script. It should now work with the new download.

I will have to look on the other bug, which lets you go to the 2nd seal immediately.

Its riddled with inconsistencies, spelling errors.. and whats worse is..  its wild shots in the dark the whole game through. Im thrown in the forest and basically told to go somewhere. I still didnt break the first seal.. but it didnt matter because I didnt need to because I was able to go straight to the second seal (and honestly I was confused because my first seal was the second seal). The bosses are pretty awesome, the battle system is unique.. but the little things like lack of direction throws it off.

-Ok, so the part with the bugs I've mentioned above.
-For the spelling errors I am very sorry but I'm not a native speaker in English...
-I do not know if you went to the first seal, so If you didn't I can understand the story's confusing sometimes. I'll tell you what happened there in short:
You meet the shadow the first time. it tells you that the promise was broken and even the fact that the player holds the tenkei wont change anything. then when you return to the masked, they are gone. you will encounter the order of laranor instead, which was trying to find the masked. you also meet the purple girl there. she tells you that she believed you were dead for two years. he hardly believes that because he thinks he just left his hometown a few days ago. yue and melody actually fled from their home, because their parents didnt want them to be toghether. yue should have married the purple girl but he didn't want to, though she really was in love with him. in the past two years she joined the order of laranor.
after meeting her, he has no clue where to find melody. he believes he was betrayd by the masked.
yue goes to his hometown to see his own grave. everyone believed he died so they held his funeral, where he has a vision of melody. she tells him, that she's waiting on the other side of the lake.
-If you need to know where to go, just look in the main menu. you can access a map from there where you are told exactly where to go.
-good to hear you like the bosses.
-Now I'm referring to your hidden content. I think that was quite obvious (you could even tell from the character set). But I assure you that that was not all. So I hope you play further.

Oh, of course. You had to get the fireball skill to break seal 1, so it's no wonder you don't have it.
Just go to Oray (The town in the south, so if you take the teleport in the midlands just go straight south, the town is also marked on the map), and take the towns south exit. You will find yourself in the forest. And on the very first map after leaving the town you will see the crystal with the fireball skill on the right (two knights are standing there). It's not hard to find.

And some warning: Do not go farther in the forest. You might do something related to the first seal which could set the variable related to the games progress to a lower value.

This is exactly what I was trying to tell you in my last post. just don't fight it. It will only cause errors, because you defeated the other ones first.

I've been playing this game and have enjoyed it quite a bit. The big draw for me is definitely the combat system, it's fairly simple and easy to manage while still having enough variation to not be boring in a single run through the game. One of the biggest problems I have with modern RPG style games is the complexity of the combat systems, they're starting to get a bit over the top. I mean, I'm playing the game for the sake of playing a game, not solving a complicated problem every few minutes. If I wanted that, I'd do some math.

Anyway, I'll get off that tangent now...

While playing your game, I've only come across a few bugs:

1) Near the start of the game, there's a traveling merchant who's cart follows you around the map. I'm pretty sure this is a typical error caused by the anti-lag script, I believe an empty comment at the start of the cart's event will fix this.

2) Your dungeon design is pretty annoying at the Ice Dungeon (I believe it's the location of the fifth seal) and the Fire dungeon (On the way to the sixth seal). Having ice blocking the entrance, exit and maybe a couple chests in the Ice dungeon would be interesting, but having it in every single room was just annoying. The problem with the Fire dungeon is similar, those fire shooting things are really really annoying. There's just too many of them. Having one here and there to watch out for would be interesting, but having them everywhere makes fighting stuff insanely annoying.

3) Lastly, my Ring of Fire didn't seem to do anything in the Fire Dungeon. With or without it everything was hitting me for the same damage.

I can't download it:( I follow link in 1st post, site open, but not downloading, no links more there... I search on site but nothing...

Link is updated.

I've been playing this game and have enjoyed it quite a bit.
Thanks.

One of the biggest problems I have with modern RPG style games is the complexity of the combat systems, they're starting to get a bit over the top.
FF12... I also think that rpgs should focus more on the storyline. not only complex features, but also giant cities (which are made excellent), where you run around for hours to find some guy and so on.

Thanks for the bug reporting.

I think you mean the second HQ. There is a forest in the south where the enemies are very strong. You can find a useful item there. But you should't try until you've broken all the seals...

Fuck yeah! I beat it!? I BEAT IT!?!?

I'd recommend anyone to play this game. It's epic, the bosses are epic! The enemies are epic, fuck this game is the most epic game on RMXP. It's corny as hell but it's epic.

Hey I've just been playing it and it looks quite good.
Your bosses don't match graphically with the rtp but they are unique and fun so I ignored that. I found the direction easy to follow as usually if you talk to people they tell you where to go.

Now to contradict myself, I am lost in the dessert, looking for I think the fourth or something seal. I found a temple but that said I needed all six seals broken. I ran around the entire side and got some nifty items like Plate armour but still no black looking crystal. Anyway I'm level 37 and I'm basically wandering around killing things while trying to find where to go. Can you give me an idea.

Anyway I like the battlesystem and the gameplay is overall surprisingly fun! Good work!

Thanks for the compliments.

In the desert, you have to walk to the right in the southern maps. So the path continues somewhere in the lower right corner of the alike looking maps. Its the path where you also find a teleport. after that, the way should be clear (there is a branch with a path leading to some items though). The temple you found is a bonus dungeon you can enter near the end of the game.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.