Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Hybris - 2nd Awakening [FULL GAME]

Dead content awaiting restoration.
It's actuall hard to tell how the progress is. Just now it looks like I'm nearly done. Just the last bosses and the endings are to be done. Of course, some overall corrections and a few sidequests are also on the list. But all the dungeons and bonus dungeons are done (exept the last small bit of the final one).
So first week of march, maybe...

The game is completed!
Now there are only some betatests to do and to correct the remaining bugs.
The game will soon be released, when everything goes according to plan, it will be on tuesday, my birthday^^

That was fast, I'm going to download this now..ah and Happy Birthday lucien, I know a bit late, but I forgot it yesterday. Hope you enjoyed your day!

So how long is it?

Either way, I'm downloading the freakin game.  I must fight a massive boss.

Also, resources plzndthx.

Looks very epic man ^_^ You is pwnage.

;_; i cant dl.

Can someone upload it to sendspace or something?  v_v

Nvm, it dl'd.

My impressions:

LAG. HOLY CRAP LAG.  ALMOST EVERY MAP IS SCARY LAG.  IT MAKES ME WANT TO EAT PLEASANT THINGS.

I'm currently at level 7 with Attack+ and Fast Attack as my chains.  They don't help.  The game is hard as crap.  That forest?  Yeah it's the forest of Satin. I can't find what to do, and I got leveled to level 12, then some massive bug murdered me.  Back to level 7 we go.

You made a lot of spelling mistakes.  =P

The story is decent, but confusing.  I died and they revived me?  Liek, wut?

All in all, it's fun, though.  Even if it's frustrating and that forest is like a never-ending abyss of hell.  And what the heck are with the vines with bugs in them? Liek, wut?

>_> I'll get back to it later.  the massive bug and losing 5 levels pissed me off.

Bad xephyr, no double post for you! ~ Atemu

I as one of the Betatesting-persons have to say it: This game is very good!

The story may be confusing, but it will be all clear at the end. The lag-problem...Hummm...I would say, your PC isn't make for games like these. And I don't understand such problems like "OMG, I've been killed after 5 minutes!!!!1111"
So play it on "easy" and everything is fine. And the enemies in the forest of Fene aren't such strong, that you can't beat them...
Hybris 2nd Awakening is one of the german XP-games which are maked with a lot of energy and love. No one other title has such impressive graphics-edits; ok, one or two other games of the german-community are impressive, too, but they aren't finished yet.

Hey lucien, could it be, that you can't get exp from these..larvals in the beginning? And those bees..they are really strong and I choosed "normal" (I hadn't download the new version because I don't know if this would be fixed there..or is it normal that I die so often against these bees?)

It is fixed in the new version. This was an error within the normal mode. the script did not round correct.
Also, there are no bees in the first few maps (exept one I forgot to delete).

Hm, ok I will load the new version..as I played the first time I ran through many maps without battle because of these bugs, but anyway it's really great..better than "Hybris 1" and I also liked it. So thanks for this great game lucien! (damn, I hate rapidshare..)

>_> I'm not really complaining its too hard I just needed to take out my frustration.

It's almost unplayable due to lag, honestly.  My cpu is kickass, d00d.  >.>

I'm still looking forward to that boss screenshot though, damnit.

I must agree with xephr, the lag is tremendous... Did you add a lot of common events or normal events -or- could it be your scripts? Playing with the lag brought bad memories of overambitious projects that were supposed to have "every feature known to man". It would be nice if you could cut off some small, unnoticable features in order to reduce lag, or possibly clean up your script. It might be my computer, but with most projects I've played,(that don't have an excessive amount of features or a poorly made script) there was no lag... So if you are planning on releasing a new version, I would clear up some of the lag.

As far as I know the lag is not a problem for most players.
I did not add unneccessary stuff which produces the lag. The cause is simply the script of the battle system. At least that is what I think. I tried to make relatively small maps, so the lag wont be too bad.
But I know that some computers will have some trouble.
I am sorry for the lag, but I think this will always be a problem with xp-action rpgs.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.